BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #23
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
Colt's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,209
Posts

Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
I assume the Cobb offers that functionality? Can I then look at the data on my Mac, as I don't have a PC? Also, I have no idea what to look for in the data exactly...
Here you go buddy . Not sure about the MAC computer part...I don't own a mac or a cobb so lol

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721695
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #24
TheRuss
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
6
Rep
397
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South West, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
Here you go buddy . Not sure about the MAC computer part...I don't own a mac or a cobb so lol

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721695
Great, thanks for that. Is there a simple answer for vent to atmo vs recirc BOVs on the N54? Is recirc generally better, but vent to atmosphere just makes the sound that people like?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #25
135Pats
The World Champion New England Patriots...
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
83
Rep
5,927
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
Great, thanks for that. Is there a simple answer for vent to atmo vs recirc BOVs on the N54? Is recirc generally better, but vent to atmosphere just makes the sound that people like?
Our motors use MAP sensors, you can vent or recirc the air, doesn't matter. And yes, you can pull a datalog onto a mac, it'll just be an excel spreadsheet. For a quick boost check see that req. boost and actual boost are more or less the same, minor differences (ie req. 14.5psi, actual 14.3psi) is no problem.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #26
TheRuss
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
6
Rep
397
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South West, UK

iTrader: (0)

Do I have to do a real hard pull from a standing start as detailed in the linked post though?

That's interesting to know about the BOVs though. So the motor won't run rich if a vent to atmosphere BOV is used? Are there any other advantages to one over the other? Less lag etc? Or do both provide exactly the same performance, but one makes more noise than the other?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #27
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
24
Rep
1,418
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

iTrader: (14)

Just wanted to add, after battling with a silicone coupler connection to the throttle body and it blowing off under boost multiple times, the OEM style c-clip connection is well worth the extra money.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #28
135Pats
The World Champion New England Patriots...
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
83
Rep
5,927
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
Do I have to do a real hard pull from a standing start as detailed in the linked post though?

That's interesting to know about the BOVs though. So the motor won't run rich if a vent to atmosphere BOV is used? Are there any other advantages to one over the other? Less lag etc? Or do both provide exactly the same performance, but one makes more noise than the other?
There is no problem with using a bov for the n54, period. Synapse, tial, and hks are all of comparable quality, it comes down to noise for most people. Im very happy with synapse, but its all subjective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
Just wanted to add, after battling with a silicone coupler connection to the throttle body and it blowing off under boost multiple times, the OEM style c-clip connection is well worth the extra money.
x1000, its the main reason why i feel ER is the best pipe on the market.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #29
TheRuss
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
6
Rep
397
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South West, UK

iTrader: (0)

Great, thanks for the info. Not sure whether I prefer to make noise or keep stealth...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #30
Tiago@VRSF
Tiago@VRSF's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
9,030
Posts

Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson, MA

iTrader: (95)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
We'll have our chargepipe in the next 3-4 weeks. It'll be a flat black, 3" design with OEM flange that incorporates the O-ring to prevent blow offs/leaks unlike a few shop's coupler/tbolt throttle body connection which is known to blow off due to a lack of bead on the throttle body.

Should be about $175 shipped
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 01:41 AM   #31
TooFast4Radar
Registered
TooFast4Radar's Avatar
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St. Louis, MO

iTrader: (0)

From experience I would go with a Tial over a HKS or Greddy any day of the week. The HKS are great noise makers, but not that great if you're near or going above 20psi. Getting that off my Stealth was one of the best moves I made.
__________________
2011 135i 6-Speed M Sport w/ Porno Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #32
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
7
Rep
204
Posts

Drives: E82 N54
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dfw

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
We'll have our chargepipe in the next 3-4 weeks. It'll be a flat black, 3" design with OEM flange that incorporates the O-ring to prevent blow offs/leaks unlike a few shop's coupler/tbolt throttle body connection which is known to blow off due to a lack of bead on the throttle body.

Should be about $175 shipped
When is it coming out?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #33
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
245
Posts

Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livnpaintball2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
We'll have our chargepipe in the next 3-4 weeks. It'll be a flat black, 3" design with OEM flange that incorporates the O-ring to prevent blow offs/leaks unlike a few shop's coupler/tbolt throttle body connection which is known to blow off due to a lack of bead on the throttle body.

Should be about $175 shipped
When is it coming out?
He says right in the first line of text, 3-4 weeks...
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #34
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
7
Rep
204
Posts

Drives: E82 N54
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dfw

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapur View Post
He says right in the first line of text, 3-4 weeks...
And that was 5 months ago!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 AM.




1addicts
1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST