BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #23
Kevinovski
Private
Belgium
0

 
Kevinovski's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M coupe
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Belgium


Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 1M  [0.00]
nice ride man!!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #24
Artemis
Brigadier General
Belgium
94

 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M (VO)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium


Posts: 3,337
iTrader: (0)

In several countries (including Germany) the 1M silver trim ("Chrome Line") was a standard feature for the 1M. The gloss black trim ("Hochglanz Shadow Line") was optional (option 760). Quite a hassle to be retrofitted, because might be glued to the rear window (which risks to be inevitably broken during the retrofit process).

According to my purchase order the option was €103.31 + 21% VAT = €125.00 in 2011. According to the German specs list it was €100.84 + taxes = €120.00 in 2011 ("BMW Individual Hochglanz Shadow Line: hochglänzende schwarze Ausstattungsumfänge").

Both are nice. The vast majority on this forum prefers the "Shadow Line" (more sporty look) over the "Chrome Line" (more elegant look). But of course, that's just a matter of personal taste.

"Hochglanz Shadow Line" (High Gloss Shadow Line) (S760A)
- roof frame strip, left | Glanzschwarz | part# 51132996901 ($266.90)
- roof frame strip, right | Glanzschwarz | part# 51132996902 ($266.90)
- 22 clips | part# 51767162587 ($1.00)
- 22 grommets | Schwarz | part# 51318150943 ($0.27)
[Not sure whether these roof parts have to be added too:]
[- left roof frame gasket | part# 51767164949 ($56.36)]
[- right roof frame gasket | part# 51767164950 ($56.36)]

"Chrome Line" (S346A)
- roof frame strip, left | Alu Matt | part# 51132996071 ($240.04)
- roof frame strip, right | Alu Matt | part# 51132996072 ($240.04)
- 22 clips | part# 51767162587 ($1.00)
- 22 grommets | Schwarz | part# 51318150943 ($0.27)
[Not sure whether these roof parts have to be added too:]
[- left roof frame gasket | part# 51767164949 ($56.36)]
[- right roof frame gasket | part# 51767164950 ($56.36)]

See: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...73&hg=51&fg=20
__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)

Last edited by Artemis; 08-15-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #25
SpencerMH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2

 
SpencerMH's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ft. Lauderdale Fl


Posts: 230
iTrader: (3)

Looks awesome, very well done, near perfect look and mods list, get the shadow line ASAP though, so many tasteful mods to be distracted by the chrome. Are those the stock headlights in s Africa? No yellow turn signals looks much better.
__________________
BSM 1M, Motion Control Coilovers, JB4 G5 ISO, Wedge E85 Flash, DCI, N55 Mid Pipes, Evolve Race Midpipe Back Exhaust, Wagner FMIC, Stett CP w/ Tial BOV, CDV, Performance Steering Wheel, Big Tires on CH-R's.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #26
///BYU
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7

 
///BYU's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United States


Posts: 295
iTrader: (1)

Rather than doing shadowline or chromeline trim, I think it could look awesome if you color matched the trim to your wheels. Maybe someone can do a photoshop for you...
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #27
ZA_1M
Private
1

 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Johannesburg


Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Some pictures from a BMW show held yesterday

















Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #28
ZA_1M
Private
1

 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Johannesburg


Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
In several countries (including Germany) the 1M silver trim ("Chrome Line") was a standard feature for the 1M. The gloss black trim ("Hochglanz Shadow Line") was optional (option 760). Quite a hassle to be retrofitted, because might be glued to the rear window (which risks to be inevitably broken during the retrofit process).

According to my purchase order the option was €103.31 + 21% VAT = €125.00 in 2011. According to the German specs list it was €100.84 + taxes = €120.00 in 2011 ("BMW Individual Hochglanz Shadow Line: hochglänzende schwarze Ausstattungsumfänge").

Both are nice. The vast majority on this forum prefers the "Shadow Line" (more sporty look) over the "Chrome Line" (more elegant look). But of course, that's just a matter of personal taste.

"Hochglanz Shadow Line" (High Gloss Shadow Line) (S760A)
- roof frame strip, left | Glanzschwarz | part# 51132996901 ($266.90)
- roof frame strip, right | Glanzschwarz | part# 51132996902 ($266.90)
- 22 clips | part# 51767162587 ($1.00)
- 22 grommets | Schwarz | part# 51318150943 ($0.27)
[Not sure whether these roof parts have to be added too:]
[- left roof frame gasket | part# 51767164949 ($56.36)]
[- right roof frame gasket | part# 51767164950 ($56.36)]

"Chrome Line" (S346A)
- roof frame strip, left | Alu Matt | part# 51132996071 ($240.04)
- roof frame strip, right | Alu Matt | part# 51132996072 ($240.04)
- 22 clips | part# 51767162587 ($1.00)
- 22 grommets | Schwarz | part# 51318150943 ($0.27)
[Not sure whether these roof parts have to be added too:]
[- left roof frame gasket | part# 51767164949 ($56.36)]
[- right roof frame gasket | part# 51767164950 ($56.36)]

See: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...73&hg=51&fg=20
Thanks for taking the time to look up this info
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #29
ZA_1M
Private
1

 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Johannesburg


Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
Looks awesome, very well done, near perfect look and mods list, get the shadow line ASAP though, so many tasteful mods to be distracted by the chrome. Are those the stock headlights in s Africa? No yellow turn signals looks much better.
Yes these are the stock headlights
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #30
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
24

 
Drives: Series 1 m coupe
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK


Posts: 938
iTrader: (0)

Why don't you wrap the chrome trim instead
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #31
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
65

 
Alpine*'s Avatar
 
Drives: CLK63 Black
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia


Posts: 3,326
iTrader: (0)

Jokes
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 01:33 AM   #32
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country
81

 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU


Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
Why don't you wrap the chrome trim instead
+1 on that

Those wheels are brilliant!
__________________
BMW 1M VO - Cobb + PTF e-Tune, Akrapovic wireless, MadDad mids, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP, TurboSmart PB DV's, SSK, CDV, OCC, AWRON Gauge, Hankook RS-3's, Vorshlag Camber plates
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:32 AM   #33
Stratus650
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
14

 
Drives: 1er M Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai


Posts: 409
iTrader: (0)

Beautiful !!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:51 AM   #34
Arbee
Second Lieutenant
5

 
Arbee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E90 330d Sportpack
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Africa, Johannesburg


Posts: 213
iTrader: (0)

Well done... Car looks great!
__________________

2007 BMW E90 330D
2005 Mini Cooper S
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #35
Hogiebear
Private
South Africa
0

 
Drives: AW 1M Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hillcrest, South Africa


Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Stunning Dude!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #36
ZA_1M
Private
1

 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Johannesburg


Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Edit to add. The car has a set of RB's fitted.







Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #37
DSCPLN
Alpine White
United_States
10

 
DSCPLN's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston MA


Posts: 262
iTrader: (0)

def the best looking BSM 1M's i've seen. gj keeping it close to the stock look and very classy
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #38
bmw1mc
First Lieutenant
Australia
8

 
bmw1mc's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia


Posts: 345
iTrader: (0)

Love the wheels!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #39
UNO///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
4

 
UNO///M's Avatar
 
Drives: AW BMW 1M
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando,FL


Posts: 240
iTrader: (0)

Eye candy!!!!
__________________
AW BMW 1M, N55 mid pipe, Lightweight titanausphalangen CF front splitter, Bmw Performance CF rear spoliler, LUX AE, IND goodies...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #40
SpencerMH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2

 
SpencerMH's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ft. Lauderdale Fl


Posts: 230
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA_1M
Edit to add. The car has a set of RB's fitted.







The car must be a monster, congrats.
__________________
BSM 1M, Motion Control Coilovers, JB4 G5 ISO, Wedge E85 Flash, DCI, N55 Mid Pipes, Evolve Race Midpipe Back Exhaust, Wagner FMIC, Stett CP w/ Tial BOV, CDV, Performance Steering Wheel, Big Tires on CH-R's.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #41
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Netherlands
80

 
Robin_NL's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe


Posts: 4,692
iTrader: (0)

Super Black Beauty, though I prefer the shadowline trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
The car must be a monster, congrats.
358.3kW= 487.3BHP(est 480HP?) and nicely @ almost redline 7000rpm!

Max torque shown is 535Nm which isn't very much related to the HP output, but it was at higher revs I see?
What's the max Nm?

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #42
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
46

 
ozinaldo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal


Posts: 3,053
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Super Black Beauty, though I prefer the shadowline trim.



358.3kW= 487.3BHP(est 480HP?) and nicely @ almost redline 7000rpm!

Max torque shown is 535Nm which isn't very much related to the HP output, but it was at higher revs I see?
What's the max Nm?

Cheers
Robin
That looked very strange to me as well since mine and most others' stock 1M makes more torque than that and at 2000 something rpm
__________________
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #43
M-Powered M3
New Member
0

 
Drives: E92 M3 S/Charged
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Auz


Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Insane Car Mate, one of the best looking 1M's i have come across.

Do you have any plans for upgrading the Clutch and Flywheel?

Any other performance modifications planned for this Black Beauty?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #44
ZA_1M
Private
1

 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Johannesburg


Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Super Black Beauty, though I prefer the shadowline trim.



358.3kW= 487.3BHP(est 480HP?) and nicely @ almost redline 7000rpm!

Max torque shown is 535Nm which isn't very much related to the HP output, but it was at higher revs I see?
What's the max Nm?

Cheers
Robin
You right. The car continued to wheelspin on the dyno. The torque did climb into the upper end of 650NM, but did loose some HP, which I assume was due to heat.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST