BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #133
chrisko
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimUlrich135 View Post
So Im in the process of purchasing a dp and jb4, already have bms intake and always run 93oct. I'm in a county that doesn't require an emission test so real question is, is the cel on all the time even with autoclear "on" ?

Because if there's a DTC and no light I'm doing the dp, but if there's a ses light on at all time, I'm not doing that to my daily. Also, what is this idle issue ppl are having at stops? Is it all the time? Just a few concerns im having before spending the money, time, and effort.

I'm a noob to the forum so thanks everyone.
JB4 autoclear removes the code completely, no SES; but, you won't know if there's a bigger issue looming in the shadows either.

I'm seriously about to just pull the trigger and get an expensive high-flow catted DP. I am not really having any idling issues but I'm not a fan of my JB4. I will probably switch to Cobb AP for tuning once I get that high flow cat.

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
      06-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #134
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Lieutenant General

Drives: 07335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisko View Post
JB4 autoclear removes the code completely, no SES; but, you won't know if there's a bigger issue looming in the shadows either.

I'm seriously about to just pull the trigger and get an expensive high-flow catted DP. I am not really having any idling issues but I'm not a fan of my JB4. I will probably switch to Cobb AP for tuning once I get that high flow cat.
Actually real codes still show a light in dash. Only passive codes are hidden. Remember though catless downpipes are only for dedicated race cars!

On the E series N55 JB4 are you using the new N55 ISO firmware yet? I hear it's a pretty significant upgrade in terms of smoothness and power compared to the integrated firmware they ship with.

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
      06-27-2014, 03:53 AM   #135
JimUlrich135

Drives: 2011 135is

Thanks! Really appreciate the feedback.