BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
USNEM_128i
Private First Class
 
USNEM_128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami,FL

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [5.00]
What should a good detail on a 128i cost?

Hello, I am trying to get a full detail on my car. I dont know much about this so i can easily get burned by these detailing services. I would like to know what would be a good price for a full detail on my 128i.

I was checking out this website and i even called them. Its in Virginia Beach, VA.
They are charging $189.99 and i can get a $13 discount with a coupon.

http://www.buggybathe.com/index.php/...iling-services


Is it worth it? I just had leg surgery so i cant wash my car myself, which i do most of the time.


This is Virginia Beach, VA
USNEM_128i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
afisherunc
Private
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

It doesn't look like they include any paint reconditioning if that was something you are looking for.

I am sorry I don't have an idea on detailing costs, except I know a guy that contracts with the dealership and will do exterior only detailing, with paint reconditioning, for around $125.

I am certain the price fluctuates depending on the level of detailing required.
afisherunc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
ErvGotti
Major
 
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bury St Edmunds UK

Posts: 1,168
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.00]
Full detail with minor paint correction with midrange products with a good detailer usually runs about $250-$400.

It usually depends on how good the detailer is, what products he offers, and what level of paint correction is needed or how much correction you want.
ErvGotti is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
1911A145
Captain
 
1911A145's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL

Posts: 773
iTrader: (4)

For a full exterior detail, including: Wash, Clay Bar, Re-wash, wheels inside and out sealed and waxed including the inside carpets on the wells, mild paint correction (2 passes), polish, sealant, and 2 coats of wax, and of course a final wash, and light dressings I would charge you $350.

I would stay away from a lot of the "in and out" places who have 10 people on your car at the same time and are the cause of paint issues, not the cure. It all depends on the level of where your car is at now, and where you want your car to be at when finished. The above quoted price would include me investing 12-14 hours on your exterior as an idea to how much time and detail I spend on everything.
1911A145 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 04:39 AM   #5
TOGWT
Captain
 
TOGWT's Avatar
 
Drives: 630i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL / London, UK

Posts: 767
iTrader: (0)

TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki - “How much would a full detail of my vehicle cost?”- http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...icle-cost.html
TOGWT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
Rockstar1487
Alonne Captain
 
Rockstar1487's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central, New Jersey

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNEM_128i View Post
Hello, I am trying to get a full detail on my car. I dont know much about this so i can easily get burned by these detailing services. I would like to know what would be a good price for a full detail on my 128i.

I was checking out this website and i even called them. Its in Virginia Beach, VA.
They are charging $189.99 and i can get a $13 discount with a coupon.

http://www.buggybathe.com/index.php/...iling-services


Is it worth it? I just had leg surgery so i cant wash my car myself, which i do most of the time.


This is Virginia Beach, VA
check prices at car spa...might be cheaper. i know i used to go here with my 330i when i lived down there when i was in the navy. what boat are you an EM on?
__________________
Was ist die fragen?
Hey Frau Hey!
Geck! Wo ist mein Auto?
Rockstar1487 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Crazycarl
New Member
 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

My local BMW dealership charges $180 for a full detail - hand wash, full interior clean/vacuum, rotary polish and wax. It's outsourced to a detail company for the actual service I believe.

Do research on yelp or google for reviews. I've seen places charge $400+ and get lots of awful reviews and accusations of being crooks, while other cheaper places get nothing but praise. Really just depends on the shop like anything else.
Crazycarl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
Gray_Panther
Major
 
Gray_Panther's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY

Posts: 1,164
iTrader: (0)

I would worry more about the quality rather than the price. Have you looked at any before and after's of the company's work? Some "detailers" slather the car with glaze, once the rain washes it away after awhile the car is suddenly covered in holograms. It looks like a Pokemon card.
__________________
2012 BMW 128i 6MT Deep Sea Blue Metallic
FX-R Bi-Xenon Projectors With 5000k Bulbs & Halo's More Kick Ass Than Any BMW
Gray_Panther is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #9
Joeyb7
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport - AW
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Boston

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

I've never gotten good results from any detailer that a dealership uses. In my experience for top notch products and work it'll cost $300-400. Ill gladly pay this for a wash, clay, wash, correction, polish, sealant, wax, wheels and dressings.
Joeyb7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
USNEM_128i
Private First Class
 
USNEM_128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami,FL

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyb7 View Post
I've never gotten good results from any detailer that a dealership uses. In my experience for top notch products and work it'll cost $300-400. Ill gladly pay this for a wash, clay, wash, correction, polish, sealant, wax, wheels and dressings.
I was told by the place that i linked that clay bar is a thing of the "past" 0_o but they would happily clay the car for $39.95 an hour.
USNEM_128i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #11
USNEM_128i
Private First Class
 
USNEM_128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami,FL

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar1487 View Post
check prices at car spa...might be cheaper. i know i used to go here with my 330i when i lived down there when i was in the navy. what boat are you an EM on?
I use to be an EM on the IKE CVN 69. Now i work in a Submarine squadron.
USNEM_128i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
Joeyb7
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport - AW
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Boston

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNEM_128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyb7 View Post
I've never gotten good results from any detailer that a dealership uses. In my experience for top notch products and work it'll cost $300-400. Ill gladly pay this for a wash, clay, wash, correction, polish, sealant, wax, wheels and dressings.
I was told by the place that i linked that clay bar is a thing of the "past" 0_o but they would happily clay the car for $39.95 an hour.
Nano scrub is pretty popular, but call me old school if I still clay :
Joeyb7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
USNEM_128i
Private First Class
 
USNEM_128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami,FL

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyb7 View Post
Nano scrub is pretty popular, but call me old school if I still clay :
Everything I have read about the clay bar has been positive...then these guys tells me that you dont really need it lol.
USNEM_128i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #14
Mstandard
For Pony!!!
 
Mstandard's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Qc/Canada

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNEM_128i View Post
Everything I have read about the clay bar has been positive...then these guys tells me that you dont really need it lol.
They both do the same thing except clay bar is more time consuming. Maybe the shop only uses deironizer without claying wich I wouldn't recomand.
Mstandard is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
Joeyb7
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport - AW
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Boston

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstandard
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNEM_128i View Post
Everything I have read about the clay bar has been positive...then these guys tells me that you dont really need it lol.
They both do the same thing except clay bar is more time consuming. Maybe the shop only uses deironizer without claying wich I wouldn't recomand.
Iron X is a great product now that you mention it.
Joeyb7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #16
Crazycarl
New Member
 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstandard View Post
They both do the same thing except clay bar is more time consuming. Maybe the shop only uses deironizer without claying wich I wouldn't recomand.
Agreed. The detailer likely meant this exactly. Clay bar works great but can be a slow process so some places don't like doing it for a flat fee anymore.
Crazycarl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #17
USNEM_128i
Private First Class
 
USNEM_128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami,FL

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycarl View Post
Agreed. The detailer likely meant this exactly. Clay bar works great but can be a slow process so some places don't like doing it for a flat fee anymore.
I think im going to try them out...I just hope they dont scratch the shit out of my car LOL.
USNEM_128i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #18
Crazycarl
New Member
 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNEM_128i View Post
I think im going to try them out...I just hope they dont scratch the shit out of my car LOL.
Yeah, no kidding. That's always the worry when someone else touches your car. Good luck!

I think you already did this, but if you can, ask them a few questions beforehand about what products they use, process, etc. Sometimes that can give you a good impression of the place. Instinct is everything.
Crazycarl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #19
Jmoney
Private First Class
 
Jmoney's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i Mineral Grey/Coral
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Miami

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

If price isnt so much an issue as to protection and quality of products. Check out Scheer Signature Detailing. Scheerdetailing.com , He is located in Miami, FL where i can see you are located too. I just got a 2012 135i in LeMans Blue from Connecticut and it was disgusting! so much salt contamination that you could feel it on the paint! I detailed it with him using Swissvax and i'm in love with the results! His high end products are Swissvax but he can use less expensive products if requested.

Heres Some pics so you can see. This is an entire month after the detail with only touchless car washes. It may be a bit dusty (because it was probably 3 days unwashed when i took this picture) but you can see no swirls!



__________________
2012 LeMans Blue Metallic 135i Coupé - SOLD
2013 Mineral Grey Metallic 335i Sedan
Still keeping it classy with a Clutch.. Mods coming soon.
Jmoney is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #20
USNEM_128i
Private First Class
 
USNEM_128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami,FL

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmoney View Post
If price isnt so much an issue as to protection and quality of products. Check out Scheer Signature Detailing. Scheerdetailing.com , He is located in Miami, FL where i can see you are located too. I just got a 2012 135i in LeMans Blue from Connecticut and it was disgusting! so much salt contamination that you could feel it on the paint! I detailed it with him using Swissvax and i'm in love with the results! His high end products are Swissvax but he can use less expensive products if requested.

Heres Some pics so you can see. This is an entire month after the detail with only touchless car washes. It may be a bit dusty (because it was probably 3 days unwashed when i took this picture) but you can see no swirls!



It looks great

My home of record is Miami, FL but im currently on active duty stationed in Norfolk, VA : /
USNEM_128i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST