BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #199
Worra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is/6, 1995 540i/6

Garage List
1995 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
The BMWUSA tracking is incredibly slow to update and often several days behind real time. Try the 1-800 number which you can find on the main ordering and tracking sticky on the forum. That seems to only be a day behind and is a better source of info. For mine for example, the 1-800# kept saying scheduled for production with no confirmed production date, then suddenly switched one morning to INTO production.

My order was placed Feb. 19 officially and went into production March 5 if I remember correctly. So, that was about 2 weeks. Depends what the allocation and slot and production date that slot had when your order got placed, if it went towards an existing slot, if that makes any sense. So, some people are able to modify slots that were coming up within a few days, others had to just wait til a slot became available, etc. etc.
Good to know. I've been trying the 800 number too but it tells me the same as the website. If 3 weeks go by with no change I'll call my CA. I do know that my dealership had to snag an unused allocation from another dealer just to get my order in, since they had no free allocations. They actually told me that it was the last "up for grabs" allocation for the 135is in the entire United States (not sure if I believe it). Any suggestions on how to pass the time? Reading these boards and shopping for parts certainly doesn't help
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #200
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worra View Post
Good to know. I've been trying the 800 number too but it tells me the same as the website. If 3 weeks go by with no change I'll call my CA. I do know that my dealership had to snag an unused allocation from another dealer just to get my order in, since they had no free allocations. They actually told me that it was the last "up for grabs" allocation for the 135is in the entire United States (not sure if I believe it). Any suggestions on how to pass the time? Reading these boards and shopping for parts certainly doesn't help
Your dealer should know the estimated production week # to know when it's slated to go into production. So, I'd ask them, so you know when to start getting antsy and calling every 2 hours. Mine ended up starting production a week early, but then took an extra week and a half at the port for the IS stuff to be put on.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #201
Worra
Captain
Rep

Garage List
1995 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Your dealer should know the estimated production week # to know when it's slated to go into production. So, I'd ask them, so you know when to start getting antsy and calling every 2 hours. Mine ended up starting production a week early, but then took an extra week and a half at the port for the IS stuff to be put on.
Excellent, thanks for the advice. Can't wait. Already planning a trip up and down the PCH to break it in.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #202
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

If you're up in the bay area, that drive from SF north to Mondecito and beyond up PCH is epic. Did it recently in a rental car, kinda wishing I had my IS with me. The drive back down is a little better though as it's much easier to pull over and take in the ocean views.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #203
Worra
Captain
Rep

Garage List
1995 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
If you're up in the bay area, that drive from SF north to Mondecito and beyond up PCH is epic. Did it recently in a rental car, kinda wishing I had my IS with me. The drive back down is a little better though as it's much easier to pull over and take in the ocean views.
I'm thinking I'll drive down to Monterey, take the PCH back up to Mendocino, then back down to the bay area.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #204
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
ORDERED my 135is today!

i think mine may be one of the last 135is ever made....lol. Just relieved that i got an allocation!

12 years of continuous exclusive Audi ownership: broken!

(although i am trading my A3 quattro in....and keeping my beloved TT)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #205
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Finally got that in, eh! You probably said in an earlier thread, or it may have changed, so by all means, please share the specs of your order.

And I went from a 135i to a new S5 and now to a 135is, and I like the IS so much more, and I save over $250 a month over my S5. My first and maybe last Audi.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #206
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

And Ian, if you're out there, you might want to see Gator's new LeMans Blue with Oyster he just picked up as he's got some great shots of the color, to either make you feel better about your order...or completely question everything. =P Check page 2 below:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...4#post14368714
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #207
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Finally got that in, eh! You probably said in an earlier thread, or it may have changed, so by all means, please share the specs of your order.
Deep Sea Blue and my interior was SUPPOSED to be Terracotta, however when they tried to enter the order, Terracotta was indicated as 'discontinued'...so they are going check to see if they can still get me a Terracotta interior (which i REALLY wanted)....for now i've told them that if they cannot, i will choose the Boston Black with Blue Stitching! (they've placed the order with Boston Black and Blue stitching just to get the order in the system....but will find out if they can change it to Terracotta)

other options:
High-gloss black trim
Technology Package
Heated Seats
Anti-theft
Harmon Kardon

pretty excited. now the wait!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #208
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
Deep Sea Blue and my interior was SUPPOSED to be Terracotta, however when they tried to enter the order, Terracotta was indicated as 'discontinued'...so they are going check to see if they can still get me a Terracotta interior (which i REALLY wanted)....for now i've told them that if they cannot, i will choose the Boston Black with Blue Stitching! (they've placed the order with Boston Black and Blue stitching just to get the order in the system....but will find out if they can change it to Terracotta)

other options:
High-gloss black trim
Technology Package
Heated Seats
Anti-theft
Harmon Kardon

pretty excited. now the wait!
I'm either going to help you out or you're going to be confused and call your dealer in the morning, but how did you get high-gloss black trim? IS only comes with glacier aluminum trim.

Terracotta was discontinued on March 1 along with Blue Water Metallic for an exterior color. So, you're likely out of luck on that unfortunately, as someone on here intent on terracotta ended up getting the lifestyle edition to get that tobacco brown leather. I've seen a couple of IS's that might still exist out there with terracotta but won't be in deep sea blue, which is a beautiful color by the way.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #209
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
I'm either going to help you out or you're going to be confused and call your dealer in the morning, but how did you get high-gloss black trim? IS only comes with glacier aluminum trim.

Terracotta was discontinued on March 1 along with Blue Water Metallic for an exterior color. So, you're likely out of luck on that unfortunately, as someone on here intent on terracotta ended up getting the lifestyle edition to get that tobacco brown leather. I've seen a couple of IS's that might still exist out there with terracotta but won't be in deep sea blue, which is a beautiful color by the way.
really unfortunate about the Terracotta...as that's what i really wanted. Not sure what the lifestyle edition is all about....is it an entire package? or just colour spec?

I had them check and was told that they can switch the trim to high-gloss black. NOW, you are correct that you have given me enough doubt that i must check again with them tomorrow---however i was told it could be done. Let's see! lol...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #210
ISLong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135is

Quote:
And Ian, if you're out there, you might want to see Gator's new LeMans Blue with Oyster he just picked up as he's got some great shots of the color, to either make you feel better about your order...or completely question everything. =P Check page 2 below:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...4#post14368714
It looks awesome! I'm not sure how I feel about the oyster, especially since I have decided that the blue stitched Boston leather is going to be great.

A little insight on the orders and how they work---kind of already explained but this may help a bit. Also, working at a dealership, your client advisor should be keeping you updated on your car via email... That's what our dealership is required to do...that's part of what you are paying us for....

Orders are either in "111" or "112" before actually going into production. Both mean they can be modified but 112 means it is scheduled for production and needs to be modified (basically meaning, if its not for an order you want to change it to a car you need for the lot; something you don't have or need) 111 is a little less demanding because it is not yet scheduled to go into production for a little while.

Usually the car is produced pretty quickly and waits on transport forever. But hopefully us who put an order in recently for an IS will get it pretty quickly. The plants all shutdown in August so it's got to be built fairly quickly.

For now I have decided not to drive myself crazy by checking the pipeline every hour. My screen is a lot more detailed than what you will be able to see in the owners lounge, as well as updated quicker, so ill be glad to look anyone's up for them (within moderation)

And yes... If you ordered after I did, you have one of the last 10 in the country. Mine was number 9 I believe.

Last edited by ISLong; 07-22-2013 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: Left some stuff out...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #211
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.long View Post
It looks awesome! I'm not sure how I feel about the oyster, especially since I have decided that the blue stitched Boston leather is going to be great.

A little insight on the orders and how they work---kind of already explained but this may help a bit. Also, working at a dealership, your client advisor should be keeping you updated on your car via email... That's what our dealership is required to do...that's part of what you are paying us for....

Orders are either in "111" or "112" before actually going into production. Both mean they can be modified but 112 means it is scheduled for production and needs to be modified (basically meaning, if its not for an order you want to change it to a car you need for the lot; something you don't have or need) 111 is a little less demanding because it is not yet scheduled to go into production for a little while.

Usually the car is produced pretty quickly and waits on transport forever. But hopefully us who put an order in recently for an IS will get it pretty quickly. The plants all shutdown in August so it's got to be built fairly quickly.

For now I have decided not to drive myself crazy by checking the pipeline every hour. My screen is a lot more detailed than what you will be able to see in the owners lounge, as well as updated quicker, so ill be glad to look anyone's up for them (within moderation)

And yes... If you ordered after I did, you have one of the last 10 in the country. Mine was number 9 I believe.
thanks for the info! i might have to take you up on the offer to get some more info sometime shortly.

wow. so they have like a little over a week to build mine!? what date did you order yours?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #212
ISLong
Private First Class
Rep

I ordered it on Saturday. Kind of vague as to what #mine actually was, I know there were 9-10 allocations before I grabbed mine. Having one of the last 10 made is pretty cool to me. We might even be in the last 5, hard to really tell.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #213
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
really unfortunate about the Terracotta...as that's what i really wanted. Not sure what the lifestyle edition is all about....is it an entire package? or just colour spec?

I had them check and was told that they can switch the trim to high-gloss black. NOW, you are correct that you have given me enough doubt that i must check again with them tomorrow---however i was told it could be done. Let's see! lol...
Did your dealer send you like an order sheet that showed all your specs, production #, etc?

Unfortunately, I think your dealer may be a little misinformed or is overpromising things he might not be able to do, which is not unusual when it comes to the IS. Some dealers I went to didn't know the car existed and kept telling me I must mean a 335is, and I'm like nope, 135is and you have one in stock, which is why I'm here, here's the stock number! One dealer told me the 135is does not come in mineral grey either, only space gray. This was a day after I had test driven one IN mineral grey and had taken about 30 pictures of it.

The fact that he's also saying there's an e82 for 2014 is another red flag.

So, I don't want you thinking you're getting high gloss black trim only to be disappointed if in a couple of days he tells you that you can't have it, or you think that's what you're getting and then it shows up with glacier aluminum.

I've never heard of anyone getting high gloss black, but I also don't know that anyone has really tried either, so who knows, maybe it's possible.

As for the lifestyle edition, it's a whole weird, unique package with hardly any info out there and for some reason still doesn't show up on the bmwusa configurator online even though Upora ordered his in march after his frustration and anger in not being able to get terracotta, missing it by about a week. It only comes in mineral grey or mineral white, has funky special rims, like white grilles, dark brown like espresso interior, including steering wheel, and not sure what trim is available. No PPK or PE like the IS. Look up Upora's thread with pics as he's the only one we know of on here and it's still listed in the future cars section on the bmwusa website.

Anyways, I'd ask to get your spec sheet of your order from the dealer for confirmation that all your options and everything are right in case he somehow put you down for a normal 135i and then you sit here for 2 months waiting and it's not right. Perhaps Ian can even run your order/status if you have your production number.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #214
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Did your dealer send you like an order sheet that showed all your specs, production #, etc?

Unfortunately, I think your dealer may be a little misinformed or is overpromising things he might not be able to do, which is not unusual when it comes to the IS. Some dealers I went to didn't know the car existed and kept telling me I must mean a 335is, and I'm like nope, 135is and you have one in stock, which is why I'm here, here's the stock number! One dealer told me the 135is does not come in mineral grey either, only space gray. This was a day after I had test driven one IN mineral grey and had taken about 30 pictures of it.

So, I don't want you thinking you're getting high gloss black trim only to be disappointed if in a couple of days he tells you that you can't have it, or you think that's what you're getting and then it shows up with glacier aluminum.

I've never heard of anyone getting high gloss black, but I also don't know that anyone has really tried either, so who knows, maybe it's possible.

As for the lifestyle edition, it's a whole weird, unique package with hardly any info out there and for some reason still doesn't show up on the bmwusa configurator online even though Upora ordered his in march after his frustration and anger in not being able to get terracotta, missing it by about a week. It only comes in mineral grey or mineral white, has funky special rims, like white grilles, dark brown like espresso interior, including steering wheel, and not sure what trim is available. No PPK or PE like the IS. Look up Upora's thread with pics as he's the only one we know of on here and it's still listed in the future cars section on the bmwusa website.

Anyways, I'd ask to get your spec sheet of your order from the dealer for confirmation that all your options and everything are right in case he somehow put you down for a normal 135i and then you sit here for 2 months waiting and it's not right. Perhaps Ian can even run your order/status if you have your production number.
thanks for the info and advice. will get the official spec sheet tomorrow from their order and see what's what!! i definitely don't want to be surprised when the car arrives here in 6-8 weeks! ha!

wow the individual spec sounds really weird! have never even heard of it til now....
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #215
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Ya, you gotta stay on these sales guy, make sure everything is perfect and have proof so you can rest easy...for months. =P

Here are the pics of the one 135i limited or lifestyle edition, whatever it's called. They showed a mineral white 128 convertible version at some of the auto shows, but not the coupe, so Upora's is the only one I know about on the forum:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842030
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #216
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Ya, you gotta stay on these sales guy, make sure everything is perfect and have proof so you can rest easy...for months. =P

Here are the pics of the one 135i limited or lifestyle edition, whatever it's called. They showed a mineral white 128 convertible version at some of the auto shows, but not the coupe, so Upora's is the only one I know about on the forum:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842030
that is definitely strange! the white front grille, especially!!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 02:46 AM   #217
eywflyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is DSB 6MT 269/613

IEDEI, congrats on the order! I'm excited to see another Deep Sea Blue ordered, it really is an amazing color and I think you will be happy with it. I am loving mine. I believe you will be the third known DSB 135is on this forum, along with myself and Elwood.

I may have missed it upthread, but did you order DCT or 6MT?
      07-23-2013, 05:04 AM   #218
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eywflyer View Post
IEDEI, congrats on the order! I'm excited to see another Deep Sea Blue ordered, it really is an amazing color and I think you will be happy with it. I am loving mine. I believe you will be the third known DSB 135is on this forum, along with myself and Elwood.

I may have missed it upthread, but did you order DCT or 6MT?
thank you man. I really dig deep sea blue and am quite excited about it. My last 11-12 years of car ownership has been all black cars...so it's interesting to get a real colour this time! lol

the A3 I am trading in had a dual clutch gearbox which was actually quite great....but I think the 135is is a car begging for a manual gearbox....so I chose the 6 Speed!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 07:04 AM   #219
ISLong
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

If you put any kind of deposit down on the car then I would demand a spec sheet. Very strange this was not offered to you to begin with. We are required by our dealership to print it off, have the client sign it, and make copies of the deposit. The client advisor keeps one and should give one to you as well

Good choice of gearbox!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #220
Worra
Captain
Rep

Garage List
1995 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.long View Post
If you put any kind of deposit down on the car then I would demand a spec sheet. Very strange this was not offered to you to begin with. We are required by our dealership to print it off, have the client sign it, and make copies of the deposit. The client advisor keeps one and should give one to you as well

Good choice of gearbox!
Hey Ian - do you know if my CA would be able to tell me the week my car is scheduled for production? I ordered mine on the 14th and the bmwusa site (and the 800 number) both tell me that no date has been scheduled for production yet. Perhaps I am also in this last group of 10 with you guys.
Appreciate 0