BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
hyphy1
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
193
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fairfield, CA

iTrader: (0)

No Alarm Nor Pre-Wiring - Anti-Theft Options?

well looks like I don't have an alarm nor pre-wiring for an installed dealer alarm. seems like my only options are aftermarket alarm and lo-jack. and maybe window tints or motion detection camera. haha and of course, and obviously having the 1er garaged, parked in well-lit areas, and having the enraged, pointing monkey from family guy sitting in my back seat


seriously though, any other real options for alarm/anti-theft options?
__________________
2010 135i
Black on Black | Premium Package | Sports Package
Cobb AP Stage I | Dinan Oil Cooler | BMS OCC | Michelin PSS
Valentine 1 RD | BlackVue DC
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
Section147
Good To Be Alive!
Section147's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
606
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 135i ***Convertible***
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The North Coast

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphy1 View Post
...and having the enraged, pointing monkey from family guy sitting in my back seat
Best option of the bunch!
__________________

Vermillion Red Boston Black Walnut Trim DCT M Sport Pkg. Premium Pkg. PPK1 PE
18" 313s Michelin PPS LUX 5k Blackline LCI Tails CF Diffuser & Mirrors XPEL Ultimate


"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" - W. Shakespeare
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
hyphy1
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
193
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fairfield, CA

iTrader: (0)

raising this one from the dead.

what are my options? all i hear are viper alarms with proximity sensors? I just hate the annoying 6-pitch sound
__________________
2010 135i
Black on Black | Premium Package | Sports Package
Cobb AP Stage I | Dinan Oil Cooler | BMS OCC | Michelin PSS
Valentine 1 RD | BlackVue DC
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #4
backtoreality15
Captain
backtoreality15's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
752
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphy1 View Post
well looks like I don't have an alarm nor pre-wiring for an installed dealer alarm. seems like my only options are aftermarket alarm and lo-jack. and maybe window tints or motion detection camera. haha and of course, and obviously having the 1er garaged, parked in well-lit areas, and having the enraged, pointing monkey from family guy sitting in my back seat


seriously though, any other real options for alarm/anti-theft options?
Just curious, how do you know you don't have pre-wiring for the alarm? Window sticker? Clown nose color? (My clown nose is black...)
__________________
2011 Le Mans Blue 135i
M-Sport | Manual | iDrive | Terracotta | HK Audio
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 01:24 AM   #5
hyphy1
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
193
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fairfield, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtoreality15 View Post
Just curious, how do you know you don't have pre-wiring for the alarm? Window sticker? Clown nose color? (My clown nose is black...)
Dealer scanned my key and viewed the vehicle specs/history. SA told me no pre-wiring for factory alarm. i have the red-nose under the rear view, but its a fake (just a red shell, no intermittent lighting when i auto-lock her).
__________________
2010 135i
Black on Black | Premium Package | Sports Package
Cobb AP Stage I | Dinan Oil Cooler | BMS OCC | Michelin PSS
Valentine 1 RD | BlackVue DC
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
str8shot
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
249
Posts

 
Drives: N54 Montego Blue 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisco

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphy1 View Post
Dealer scanned my key and viewed the vehicle specs/history. SA told me no pre-wiring for factory alarm. i have the red-nose under the rear view, but its a fake (just a red shell, no intermittent lighting when i auto-lock her).
Search my name. I posted on this a while ago.

I did a Viper 2-way paging alarm and a DLPK can-bus adapter. 5 wire hook up to the car (constant +12, ignition +12, ground, can-high, and can-low), plus 1 wire to the siren (which I put in the factory location.

I can remotely roll down the windows, roll up the windows, lock/unlock with factory keyless integration, page up to a mile, pop the trunk, etc.
__________________
2008 Montego Blue 135i Coupe | Sport Package | Cobb 93+FMIC | Vorshlag camber plates | Hotchkis FSB | Turner adjustable drop links | AST 5100 coilovers | Injen intake | VRSF FMIC | Hawk HPS pads | Stoptech stainless brake lines | Turner 15mm front spacers
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST