BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #45
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Chase View Post
Is the time you will save on a time attack course worth 2k to 8k? No.

Realistically. Its a stupid idea. You know it and so does everyone else. Paint it pink, Supercharge your n54 and call it a day.
Well, what ticks someone is different to what ticks another. I am sure you have something you are quite willing to spend $ on which I thought it is a waste of $.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #46
///Chase
Lieutenant
///Chase's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: F30 BSM 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWlady View Post
Why would I do that?
You're quite offensive to be perfectly honest
I care very little about your 135. But I'm doing my best to help save you money. So if you find me offensive - I humbly apologise.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:02 AM   #47
Kirst
Space Cadet
Australia
3
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brisbane - BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Chase
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWlady View Post
Why would I do that?
You're quite offensive to be perfectly honest
I care very little about your 135. But I'm doing my best to help save you money. So if you find me offensive - I humbly apologise.
What? By telling me to paint my car pink and supercharge it?

That's offensive as hell

But hey thanks for treating me like I'm just a dumb girl who bought a bmw because it's "pretty"
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:03 AM   #48
///Chase
Lieutenant
///Chase's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: F30 BSM 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWlady View Post
What? By telling me to paint my car pink and supercharge it?

That's offensive as hell
Welcome to the internet.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:04 AM   #49
Kirst
Space Cadet
Australia
3
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brisbane - BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Chase
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWlady View Post
What? By telling me to paint my car pink and supercharge it?

That's offensive as hell
Welcome to the internet.
If you're going to try trolling people you need to do a better job of it
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:10 AM   #50
pd135
Private First Class
pd135's Avatar
2
Rep
179
Posts

 
Drives: Bmw 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd135
I wouldn't say there's many "crappy" options out there for a 135 to be honest.

"Doing it once and doing it right" still doesn't justify the cost of the 8k suspension setup on a car that will probably never get any track time.

Purely for aesthetics only. 8k is a lot of money for a drop.
What's to say the car will never get any track time

You know what I'm really gettin pissed off by?
Not being taken seriously when I ask a legitimate question about my car

Is it because I'm a girl or???
You all just assume I have no idea what I'm doing
Nothing to do with being a girl.

Just real talk.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #51
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWlady View Post
At ~$2000 a corner though, MCA is significantly pricier than nearly all other suspension options (I'm going to be saving up for quite a while, or winning lotto haha), is it worth it? Has anyone had any experience with these coilovers?
Despite the fact that I don't think it is silly money, ^ basically says you shouldn't do it.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #52
///Chase
Lieutenant
///Chase's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: F30 BSM 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Despite the fact that I don't think it is silly money, ^ basically says you shouldn't do it.
nailed it.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:19 AM   #53
Kirst
Space Cadet
Australia
3
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brisbane - BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWlady View Post
At ~$2000 a corner though, MCA is significantly pricier than nearly all other suspension options (I'm going to be saving up for quite a while, or winning lotto haha), is it worth it? Has anyone had any experience with these coilovers?
Despite the fact that I don't think it is silly money, ^ basically says you shouldn't do it.
It was a joke (hence the haha and lottery comment?)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:20 AM   #54
BBK
Banned
45
Rep
3,078
Posts

 
Drives: A boring one...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [2.88]
Wtf... First ur bf says u want a street show setup, now you want a time attack racer that needs the ultimate suspension...

Why don't you just tell us what you really are aiming for?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #55
Kirst
Space Cadet
Australia
3
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brisbane - BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd135
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd135
I wouldn't say there's many "crappy" options out there for a 135 to be honest.

"Doing it once and doing it right" still doesn't justify the cost of the 8k suspension setup on a car that will probably never get any track time.

Purely for aesthetics only. 8k is a lot of money for a drop.
What's to say the car will never get any track time

You know what I'm really gettin pissed off by?
Not being taken seriously when I ask a legitimate question about my car

Is it because I'm a girl or???
You all just assume I have no idea what I'm doing
Nothing to do with being a girl.

Just real talk.
Well it's not for aesthetics only... That's why I'm confused
And the comment was more aimed at everything else that has been said here


Honestly with the way I'm not getting any opinions on the way these perform besides "don't do it", it's no wonder I leave any other more technical questions to the other forums, at least there I'm not bombarded with "don't do it cos I don't like it mmkay?"
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:22 AM   #56
Kirst
Space Cadet
Australia
3
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brisbane - BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK
Wtf... First ur bf says u want a street show setup, now you want a time attack racer that needs the ultimate suspension...

Why don't you just tell us what you really are aiming for?
I'm still deciding what I want
But no one has given me a damn answer to my actual question!!!
FFS

(Besides sparoz saying that MCA themselves are a decent suspension shop, which I already knew)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:23 AM   #57
///Chase
Lieutenant
///Chase's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: F30 BSM 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Why don't you just save the bullshit threads that you always end up getting flamed in and sort your shit out.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:24 AM   #58
Kirst
Space Cadet
Australia
3
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brisbane - BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Chase
Why don't you just save the bullshit threads that you always end up getting flamed in and sort your shit out.
This is my first thread? Besides organizing a meet?

Rightio.....

If you don't like it don't read/ respond to it
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #59
///Chase
Lieutenant
///Chase's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: F30 BSM 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

K
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:31 AM   #60
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Chase View Post
Why don't you just save the bullshit threads that you always end up getting flamed in and sort your shit out.
or stop being a giant dickbag?

only you can prevent internet fires!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #61
510135
Captain
Australia
14
Rep
796
Posts

 
Drives: f32
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Ok, I have just read the other posts. I see where others are coming from, and I have re read your OP.
I think everybody is confused like I am/was. Normally you would have a goal to slam it for aesthetics (car shows etc etc) or
Have a handling focus for track work.
While you can use coils for stance and bags for track work neither is better than for its original
Purpose.
I don't know the coils you have mentioned, Sparoz does and if
He does they are obviously good cos that guy burns money on expensive shit lol.
At the end of the day if you want to enter you're car in time attack go nuts, buy the best coils you can but be prepared to pour a whole lot of other Coin into other mods ( I actually would hate to see what it would come to)

If you want to stance it for car shows/aesthetics buy the bags.
Or buy cheaper well know coils for a quarter of the price of both. The well known coils aren't shit at all. The KW V2/V3 they will out perform your driving ability guaranteed.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:37 AM   #62
BBK
Banned
45
Rep
3,078
Posts

 
Drives: A boring one...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [2.88]
I think everyone has given their opinion. Which is exactly what you're after. Don't waste your money on a mod that you won't see a decent return for. If you want an all out track car, spend $8k on it and enjoy. If you don't, then get one of the tried and trusted options that will save you money and do what you're looking for. Simple.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:40 AM   #63
Kirst
Space Cadet
Australia
3
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brisbane - BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510135
Ok, I have just read the other posts. I see where others are coming from, and I have re read your OP.
I think everybody is confused like I am/was. Normally you would have a goal to slam it for aesthetics (car shows etc etc) or
Have a handling focus for track work.
While you can use coils for stance and bags for track work neither is better than for its original
Purpose.
I don't know the coils you have mentioned, Sparoz does and if
He does they are obviously good cos that guy burns money on expensive shit lol.
At the end of the day if you want to enter you're car in time attack go nuts, buy the best coils you can but be prepared to pour a whole lot of other Coin into other mods ( I actually would hate to see what it would come to)

If you want to stance it for car shows/aesthetics buy the bags.
Or buy cheaper well know coils for a quarter of the price of both. The well known coils aren't shit at all. The KW V2/V3 they will out perform your driving ability guaranteed.
I understand that it's confusing, but after a fairly long day of dealing with tedious people my ability to write coherently tends to go down the drain

And my OP was essentially what you end up with

But I think there is merit in my question as I am deciding what I want to do. I've already researched and come down to those two options depending on which way I went with the car, I was only looking for some information to help me decide, not the shitstorm this turned into due to some people's immaturity

And this is why I don't internet much anymore.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:40 AM   #64
Kirst
Space Cadet
Australia
3
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brisbane - BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Chase
K
http://i.imgur.com/nHtKiFZ.gif
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:43 AM   #65
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510135 View Post
At the end of the day if you want to enter you're car in time attack go nuts, buy the best coils you can but be prepared to pour a whole lot of other Coin into other mods ( I actually would hate to see what it would come to)

If you want to stance it for car shows/aesthetics buy the bags.
Or buy cheaper well know coils for a quarter of the price of both. The well known coils aren't shit at all. The KW V2/V3 they will out perform your driving ability guaranteed.
.... if you would actually want to know - iirc i worked out somewhere around the $30k mark minimum for the bottom level of the truly competitive stuff (stock body, built to max engine+driveline, brakes etc.).. probably more like 40k+ with seats and all that.. cage if you wanted to not die...

totally agree with that last bit.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:46 AM   #66
Kirst
Space Cadet
Australia
3
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brisbane - BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK
I think everyone has given their opinion. Which is exactly what you're after. Don't waste your money on a mod that you won't see a decent return for. If you want an all out track car, spend $8k on it and enjoy. If you don't, then get one of the tried and trusted options that will save you money and do what you're looking for. Simple.
The opinions I've gotten aren't what I was looking for. I was wanting some actual experience with them

I'm ok with spending 8k on suspension because I plan on keeping this car for a long time, I really don't need people telling me they think my spending that much is a waste of money, as far as I'm concerned, regardless of which way I go.

I don't like doing things everyone else has done mod wise. I want to maintain a degree of difference between my car and every other 135 out there. (Quite frankly it bores me, I'd rather do something a little unique) if no one ever pushes the envelope then how will the mod scene for this model continue to develop
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST