BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #1
3798j
Second Lieutenant
3798j's Avatar
94
Rep
286
Posts

Drives: E86 3.0si
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Susquehanna Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
F1...a new era

Talk about fixing something that wasn't broken. They're talking about eliminating grid girls.

https://jalopnik.com/f1-finally-cons...rls-1821287700
__________________
Jay

Appreciate 1
      12-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
NickyC
Brigadier General
NickyC's Avatar
1527
Rep
3,228
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (14)

"Depending on others’ opinions, Formula One’s new bosses could get rid of “grid girls”—an outdated concept in which women line a male-dominated racing grid, for few other reasons than being something to look at. It should go without saying, but having grid girls encourages objectification and gender stereotypes."
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
isjoey
Private First Class
isjoey's Avatar
68
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: M2, 335is , CBR100RR
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ashburn, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
"Depending on others’ opinions, Formula One’s new bosses could get rid of “grid girls”—an outdated concept in which women line a male-dominated racing grid, for few other reasons than being something to look at. It should go without saying, but having grid girls encourages objectification and gender stereotypes."
How incredibly lame of them! I wonder how they feel about cheerleaders?

I also cannot believe they interrupted the last podium of the year to pitch the new logo, etc.

Last edited by isjoey; 12-14-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 07:13 PM   #4
Chihuahua
Lieutenant Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
656
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Don't care. Next year's cars are going to be absolutely atrocious with the halo, the engines still suck, and the 'racing' is more sleep inducing than a bottle of Nyquil. The proposed elimination of grid girls is just reason #452,685 why MotoGP is more fun to watch than F1.
      12-15-2017, 09:00 PM   #5
M2Nebula
Captain
M2Nebula's Avatar
324
Rep
627
Posts

Drives: M2, X1, TSX WGN
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Another step along the way of sterilizing just about everything in the race to please all that stand on the podium of correctness.
      12-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #6
uniqueMR
Lieutenant
uniqueMR's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
438
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M4 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Ferrari needs to win. Its been a decade without win
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
cliverman
Captain
cliverman's Avatar
United_States
280
Rep
851
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham,NC

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Thanks to our f^d up society, we have to be PC about everything or we offend someone. Sucks.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 | ZCP | Eisenmann | AlpineMSS | MACHT SCHNELL STAGE 2 | H&R | BMW M PERFORMANCE STEERING WHEEL | LUX 180 | SpartaEvo BBK
Appreciate 2
      12-17-2017, 09:52 PM   #8
M2Nebula
Captain
M2Nebula's Avatar
324
Rep
627
Posts

Drives: M2, X1, TSX WGN
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

As long as they don't get rid of the Umbrella girls in MotoGP I'll be okay.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #9
Chihuahua
Lieutenant Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
656
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Nebula View Post
As long as they don't get rid of the Umbrella girls in MotoGP I'll be okay.
I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #10
Chihuahua
Lieutenant Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
656
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliverman View Post
Thanks to our f^d up society, we have to be PC about everything or we offend someone. Sucks.
I find this post highly offensive.
Appreciate 3
      12-19-2017, 11:38 AM   #11
isjoey
Private First Class
isjoey's Avatar
68
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: M2, 335is , CBR100RR
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ashburn, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Don't care. Next year's cars are going to be absolutely atrocious with the halo, the engines still suck, and the 'racing' is more sleep inducing than a bottle of Nyquil. The proposed elimination of grid girls is just reason #452,685 why MotoGP is more fun to watch than F1.
What makes a street car or an F1 awesome -

1) Cost
2) Looks
3) Sound

Only joking. I agree they will look a bit odd, and I am sure will not sound any better. Although, they will be the most technically advanced and fastest cars in the history of F1!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 10:49 AM   #12
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
358
Rep
3,036
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

F1 need to bring back multiple tire manufactures.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 11:21 AM   #13
Lobb
Brigadier General
Lobb's Avatar
3103
Rep
4,191
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Too late now, but I've always thought it a great shame that the US hasn't had more involvement in F1. None of the home grown motor racing is much more than a US based series. F1 would have brought the US onto the world motor racing stage.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #14
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
358
Rep
3,036
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post
Too late now, but I've always thought it a great shame that the US hasn't had more involvement in F1. None of the home grown motor racing is much more than a US based series. F1 would have brought the US onto the world motor racing stage.
F1 is owned by an American company now.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 05:29 PM   #15
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
inTgr8r's Avatar
Canada
731
Rep
10,639
Posts

Drives: E86 Z4MC; E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
F1 is owned by an American company now.
& Haas an American team
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #16
Lobb
Brigadier General
Lobb's Avatar
3103
Rep
4,191
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
F1 is owned by an American company now.
Indeed.

Old Bernie sold up. I guess I meant participation in the teams and drivers. There have been some great American F1 drivers in the past (like Andretti), and some failures (like Andretti). It would have enriched the sport to have seen more
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 08:42 PM   #17
rlmesq
Lieutenant
313
Rep
584
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chico, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Nebula View Post
As long as they don't get rid of the Umbrella girls in MotoGP I'll be okay.
But if Valentino Rossi ever decides to race NASCAR, I'll start going to the races, drinking Bud Light, chewing tobacco and eating pork rinds with the rest of the bubbas.

I wonder how CRAPCAR fans would react to his post-race interviews:

"The race today, it is very good. I am happy for me and my team that I make a good race, for sure. I get a good start, then make a mistake, so I push, push, push and am able to win."



https://jalopnik.com/valentino-rossi...ld-i-478374104
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #18
rlmesq
Lieutenant
313
Rep
584
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chico, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
F1 is owned by an American company now.
Let's hope they don't destroy it. It only took Daytona Motorsports Group to turn AMA motorcycle road racing into a worldwide laughingstock, virtually destroying the chance we'll see an American rider make the move to MotoGP any time in the near future.
Appreciate 2
      12-20-2017, 10:31 PM   #19
M2Nebula
Captain
M2Nebula's Avatar
324
Rep
627
Posts

Drives: M2, X1, TSX WGN
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
But if Valentino Rossi ever decides to race NASCAR, I'll start going to the races, drinking Bud Light, chewing tobacco and eating pork rinds with the rest of the bubbas.

I wonder how CRAPCAR fans would react to his post-race interviews:

"The race today, it is very good. I am happy for me and my team that I make a good race, for sure. I get a good start, then make a mistake, so I push, push, push and am able to win."



https://jalopnik.com/valentino-rossi...ld-i-478374104
Me too, and chain smoking Marlboros as well. He is good for racing. Everyone should try to, "find a' thee rythum"

Too bad Nicky is gone, another one that was good for the sport and filled a huge American void, which now exists again.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 06:29 PM   #20
N52UNED
Lieutenant
N52UNED's Avatar
United_States
82
Rep
473
Posts

Drives: '07 328i/330BPC
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sunshine State

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Talk about fixing something that wasn't broken. They're talking about eliminating grid girls.

https://jalopnik.com/f1-finally-cons...rls-1821287700
BASTARDS!!!

Sometimes this political correctness is just so ignorant. Like the article stated .... these girls are models ... they are objectified to some degree as a career ... regardless. So now these girls, who likely have a good time at the race, get to lose a job so some eff'n snowflake feels better. It's not like women don't objectify men (if not George Clooney wouldn't have an "acting" career ). Ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 07:24 PM   #21
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
United_States
138
Rep
2,821
Posts

Drives: '13 M5, '13 ZL1, 15 Z/28
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

They need to get rid of fuel limits and let them rev to 20k. Itís the cheapest way really way right now. I would love my V10s back though. Iíll even take the V8s. I could feel their shifts in my soul at races I attended.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 07:21 PM   #22
Dougboy
Client Advisor
Dougboy's Avatar
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 328
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Parkview BMW

iTrader: (0)

There will always be changes and something to complain about. To be fair.... I think Liberty media has done more good than harm..... compared to the Bernie days
__________________
Client Advisor - Parkview BMW
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST