E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Montreal Members Thread

Closed Thread

04-23-2006, 01:43 PM   #705
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

I hear you. After living with the buttery smotth soft feeling of my Audi's non-sport suspension, Iwent Sport Package for the e90 and I am completely hooked. Tewst drive the e92 without sport first-from anecdotal readings its standard setup may be tighter than the sedan.

I certainly cannot see going back to non-sport package on my next one (whatever Bimmer it may be).
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 10:03 PM   #706
benoitch
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Hey guys.

When I put back on my summer RFT 2 weeks ago, I felt the same: ride was so smooth during winter, it took some getting use to to handle the car and feel confident again. But once that done, you can really feel the suspension's work

But again, I don't drive as much as Tom (I'm only just below 6000 km over the last 8 months or so). But I waxed it twice already last week

As for BMW driving lesson, sound really interesting. I wanted to go for the last 4 years. Now that I don't work anymore, I certainly can forget about it now. Well, maybe next year. I think my wife would like it even more than I (no, I don't think, but still she just love leave everyone in the dust in her Mazda 3 Sport ).

Tom, what brand were your tires ? For sure Blizzak's are the worst wear-wise.

PS: The canadien (yes this is hockey talk), just won the game in second overtime. Wow! what a game it was. I think they deserved it. Anyways, maybe we'll watch hockey until June this year

http://www.benoitchampagne.com
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 10:27 PM   #707
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

Yooohooo!!! Go Habs.

Benoit, I strongly suggest you find a job and come to the course.

I only have 4,000 kms on mine - I guess when it comes to driving I am the sissy of our forum .

Now that I spent a full week with my RFts I am realy starting to like the razor sharp feeling - even though I don't like the way it tramlines sometimes -darn wider tires in back.....oh but they look so fine...whatyougonnado
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 11:36 PM   #708
benoitch
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerista
Yooohooo!!! Go Habs.

Benoit, I strongly suggest you find a job and come to the course.

I only have 4,000 kms on mine - I guess when it comes to driving I am the sissy of our forum .

Now that I spent a full week with my RFts I am realy starting to like the razor sharp feeling - even though I don't like the way it tramlines sometimes -darn wider tires in back.....oh but they look so fine...whatyougonnado
For the job, that's the whole idea, even though I kindda like it at home !!

You may be the sissy one mileage-wise, but certainly not speed-wise !

Rear tire size ... What do you have in the rear ? I have 255 ! That really tramlines like you say...

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 05:55 PM   #709
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

I have the same size as you in back (and I guess front as well -225)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 07:57 PM   #710
ssam
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: carefully

13.000km here since october

So what do you guys think about the coupe ?

I find it very very nice....

The 335 seems to be faster than the old M3 !!! WOW !!!!

I hope the price won t be as expensive :-)

Someone said around 52.000$
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 08:29 PM   #711
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

24,300 kms today....going in for my first oil change in two weeks!!!!!

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 11:59 PM   #712
benoitch
Captain
Canada
Rep

ssam, we'll have to wait and see what the actual power is. It is still a bit early. But if that's the case, then .... It is quite possible after all since they must target the new Is350 which is above 300 bhp (even though it is Japanese HP ).

As for the price, in the past the coupe was much more than only 2-3k above the sedan. And considering it would be an upgrade power-wise, I'll have to wait and see the actual price. However, to second that price, again the IS350 is going for less (approx) than the present E90 330i. Future is full of surprises !!! But not for me of course, and hence I don't really care (or in fact don't want to care -- for my sanity).

Any of you guys have had their door hinges fix already ? They made mine last week, but one of the door hinge needs to be changed. The door handle was getting stuck in the "open position". Not really desirable when driving around especially the back door with the kid in.

Bimmerista, I didn't know the sport pkg on the 325 had the same tires as the 330. Nice !

Ok, going back to the hockey game (overtime with Edmonton is just started).

Bonne nuit !

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #713
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

I was not aware that the hinges are in need of a fix. One of my door handles has a tendency to stick sometimes, but I figure I'll just wait to have the car in for its one year oil change in October and then I'll bring my shopping list of things to do with me.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #714
benoitch
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I was not aware that the hinges are in need of a fix. One of my door handles has a tendency to stick sometimes, but I figure I'll just wait to have the car in for its one year oil change in October and then I'll bring my shopping list of things to do with me.
I would suggest to have it fixed ASAP. You never know if you have someone in your car that does not verify the door sufficiently and ... bang! Just in a tight curve (and at the speed you drive )... All the dealer need to do is trim a piece a little. But it is possible they need to change the handle altogether. In my case, they have to do this to one of the door handle and hence I have to return later when they receive the piece.

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 11:14 AM   #715
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman
24,300 kms today....going in for my first oil change in two weeks!!!!!
Wow... how long have you had the car now?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 11:20 AM   #716
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssam
13.000km here since october

So what do you guys think about the coupe ?

I find it very very nice....

The 335 seems to be faster than the old M3 !!! WOW !!!!

I hope the price won t be as expensive :-)

Someone said around 52.000$
I didn't like the back when I first saw it, but now I'm in love with the coupe. If I'm not living in van parked outside wal-mart in a couple of years I'll probably be ordering an the 328 with x-drive... unless it's overpriced, which it might be.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 11:22 AM   #717
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
The driver's side handle sticks like crazy on my car, but I'm so in the habit of clicking it back before I get in that I don't even notice it. I'll deal with it when it's due for an oil change in about 5-6 months.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 08:21 PM   #718
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

On my car, the handle that sticks is on the rear driver's side. It has never remained stuck, just sometimes it feels like it wants to remain stuck, but then always goes back into position.

I love the coupe. The front is amazing, aggressive. I love the back, I wish we had those lights. I thought from early pictures that the car was odd from the side, but in the German press launch pics the car looks fine from the side as well. I love those 230 mags.

On the other hand, I still love my car. Every day I am glad to have opted for the sport package.

Now if they can actually fix the darn roads, there are still too many potholes in side streets.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #719
benoitch
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
On my car, the handle that sticks is on the rear driver's side. It has never remained stuck, just sometimes it feels like it wants to remain stuck, but then always goes back into position.

I love the coupe. The front is amazing, aggressive. I love the back, I wish we had those lights. I thought from early pictures that the car was odd from the side, but in the German press launch pics the car looks fine from the side as well. I love those 230 mags.

On the other hand, I still love my car. Every day I am glad to have opted for the sport package.

Now if they can actually fix the darn roads, there are still too many potholes in side streets.

These are job securities for our nice and hard at work blue colar ! I heard that Montreal city wants to put GPS in their potholes to make sure the blue (or red after that) workers do not repair them too fast. They tend to be over-zealous about this. The repairs are also too solid and long term; they endanger their futur.

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #720
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Mine too. There is a TSB out on it. They're fixing mine when I go in for my oil change in May.

I believe findtom had this too.

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2006, 10:49 PM   #721
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benoitch
These are job securities for our nice and hard at work blue colar ! I heard that Montreal city wants to put GPS in their potholes to make sure the blue (or red after that) workers do not repair them too fast. They tend to be over-zealous about this. The repairs are also too solid and long term; they endanger their futur.

I once heard that they use lower grade materials when paving roads on the theory that having to re-pave the roads more frequently creates jobs. I'm not sure if there's any truth to that.

I just can't believe the roads lately, there are some streets in Old Montreal that are virtually impassable.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #722
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Hey Stew... off topic. Can I pick your brain about a stock? What do you think of AMZN?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2006, 06:41 AM   #723
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

I don't buy US stocks these days.
I love using Amazon.com, FWIW!

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2006, 07:52 AM   #724
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Oh yeah, I remember you saying that now when we were talking about THI.

AMZN, GOOG and PCLN are probably my 3 favourite internet services. If I actually lived in the US I would use Amazon so often it would ridiculous. I'm not sure about their new Amazon prime thing though. Meh, I'll probably pick up a few shares and hold on to them.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2006, 09:27 PM   #725
Wolf359
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

I had the sticking door handles fixed this week. Also supposed to have had MP3 playback added but the test CD I had didn't work - It's old and strangely coated, I should try and burn another.

My seat was stained by my leather coat, even the dealer couldn't make it go away. The coat was restored a few years back and I guess the stuff applied to it didn't hold too well, anyways I threw it away when I saw what it did, but that was too late. I'll have to get the seat re-colored on my next service stop... They have someone that will match the color and apply it, we'll see how it goes (Service intervals are quite long so that will wait a while)...

Morale of the story, watchout for any dark leather brushing against light leather colors!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2006, 09:18 AM   #726
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
What did they do to fix the door handles? Did they actually change a part?

That sucks about the jacket.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread