BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #1
fishbulb
Private First Class
2
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

iTrader: (0)

135i wheel offsets compared to other BMWs....

Pretty new to the BMW world, but not to getting the correct offset for your rims...

the Tech PDF states that the 135i has a rim offset of 49 F / 52 R.

Is this similar to other BMWs? If not, how far off is it? For those of you with newer 3er coupes, how much "play" room is there? (I know the 1er will be different, but just to get an idea...)

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
techlogik
Major
20
Rep
1,339
Posts

 
Drives: 07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbulb View Post
Pretty new to the BMW world, but not to getting the correct offset for your rims...

the Tech PDF states that the 135i has a rim offset of 49 F / 52 R.

Is this similar to other BMWs? If not, how far off is it? For those of you with newer 3er coupes, how much "play" room is there? (I know the 1er will be different, but just to get an idea...)

thanks!
Well, many wheels with lip for a E46 M3 are around 25-35 offset. Depending on width that is...9.5" for rear. Usually it is the rears you are worried about if you want a wider lip. Fronts you can usually run a spacer. Will be interesting to see how much lip/offset that can be had in 19s without sticking out or rubbing.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 02:33 AM   #3
Driv3r
Colonel
Driv3r's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
2,358
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami Beach, FL

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Crossing my fingers.....(i have CSL reps in M3 offset on my E90 now, hoping to bring them over!)
__________________
2006 E46 M3 ZCP 6SPD-Interlagos Blue - 6SPD - SSK - AA Headers -AA Tune - Navigation w/ Splashscreen Mod - 3M Crystalline Series 60 - Carbon Splitters - Swissvax Treated - Bridgestone
2012 Yamaha FZ8 - Matte Black/Grey - Michelin Pilot Pure 2CT - Vortex Rear Sets - Yoshimura R-77D & Fender Delete - Spectro Race Oil - GP Reverse Shifting
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 07:03 AM   #4
inTgr8r
Major General
inTgr8r's Avatar
Canada
113
Rep
8,099
Posts

 
Drives: 07 M Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

We obviously won't know for sure until it arrives,

But, here's some CSL (reps?) on this hatch.
__________________
Alpinweiss '07 M Coupe •DKF Section1•RPi GT exhaust•Fabspeed Headers•Autosolutions SSK•APR splitter•Tekarbon headlights•StrongStrut STB•H&R COs + ARBs•Poly FCAB/RTAB•Volk Racing G2•Direzza ZII•Stoptech BBK•Vibra-Tech mtr mounts•
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #5
335i=:)
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
290
Posts

 
Drives: 335i sedan-blk/blk-Poplar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: utah

iTrader: (0)

I have m6 reps on my 335i, the rear is +40 and the front is +35.

They might barely fit, may need some fender rolling. We'll have to see how much room bmw left for us in the 1er.

I'm worried that since the rear's offset is 12 different and the front is 14 different, it might chagne the driving performance/characteristics.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 05:14 PM   #6
inTgr8r
Major General
inTgr8r's Avatar
Canada
113
Rep
8,099
Posts

 
Drives: 07 M Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ito135i View Post
I have m6 reps on my 335i, the rear is +40 and the front is +35.

They might barely fit, may need some fender rolling. We'll have to see how much room bmw left for us in the 1er.

I'm worried that since the rear's offset is 12 different and the front is 14 different, it might chagne the driving performance/characteristics.
Kudos for thinking about that,
.....many don't consider it at all.

I wouldn't worry about a 2mm differential though.
__________________
Alpinweiss '07 M Coupe •DKF Section1•RPi GT exhaust•Fabspeed Headers•Autosolutions SSK•APR splitter•Tekarbon headlights•StrongStrut STB•H&R COs + ARBs•Poly FCAB/RTAB•Volk Racing G2•Direzza ZII•Stoptech BBK•Vibra-Tech mtr mounts•
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #7
fishbulb
Private First Class
2
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the info guys!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 01:07 AM   #8
fishbulb
Private First Class
2
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

iTrader: (0)

Looks like they make CSLs in fitments that would be "close" - the question of course will be "how close is close"

http://www.europeanautosource.com/in...67_203_205_289

Either 18 x 8.5 with 40et or staggered with that in the front and 18 x 9.5 45et in the back. Not really light at 24-ish lbs each, but affordable - and arguably some of the best looking rims for recent BMWs.

Suddenly TiAg with gunmetal or matte black is sounding really nice......and easy to clean!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 12:17 AM   #9
gemini330zhp
Major
gemini330zhp's Avatar
Philippines
15
Rep
1,181
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BergenCo NewJersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
We obviously won't know for sure until it arrives,

But, here's some CSL (reps?) on this hatch.


I have 18" Matte Black CSL reps wheels for my M3 with ALL Seasons for Fall and Winter. My 19s go on when its 70+ degrees out. After seeing this picture I hope I can transfer my CSLs to the 135i!! Well we have to wait and see!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #10
bimmer_fan
SF KREW
0
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to bimmer_fan Send a message via Yahoo to bimmer_fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini06m3 View Post
I hope I can transfer my CSLs to the 135i!! Well we have to wait and see!!!
i doubt thats going to happen. high offsets sorta suck.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #11
toosteeley
Wanna 135i Alpine White
1
Rep
107
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbulb View Post
Either 18 x 8.5 with 40et or staggered with that in the front and 18 x 9.5 45et in the back. Not really light at 24-ish lbs each, but affordable - and arguably some of the best looking rims for recent BMWs.
18 x 8.5 + 40/18 x 9.5 + 45 should fit although we may be limited with the width of tire.

24lbs is definitely heavy, but nothing noticeable driving around town.

I'll be getting a set of lightweight rims for the track anyway, so these would be perfect!

I see a set of HyperBlack in my future
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST