BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-24-2007, 07:52 AM   #1
HAVIK
New Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Trip to my local Dealership

After hearing about the 135i and reading about it in various magizines I decided this is the car I want.

I called my local BMW Dealship and talked to a great salesperson name Carlotta. She told me there wa only 5 people on the waiting list. She wanted me to come in a take a test drive of the 335i coupe so i could get a feel for the Twin Turbo engine.

Yesturday I went to the dealership took that test drive and asked a whole lot of questions. The 335i coupe was a automatic but it was nice. It flew to 90mph in no time. I was very impressed with the car. I know the 135i will handle and perform must better. I cant wait

She said the base price of the 135i is 32k and the 128i is 28k she also said the projected release date was March 22, 2008. She will also have some demo cars of the 128 and 135 around Jan or Feb. Overall I had a great experience. If anyone is in the Tampa Florida market and looking for a BMW I would go see Carlotta at Reeves. SHe was great
HAVIK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 07:56 AM   #2
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
 
joelk's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVIK View Post
She said the base price of the 135i is 32k and the 128i is 28k she also said the projected release date was March 22, 2008. She will also have some demo cars of the 128 and 135 around Jan or Feb. Overall I had a great experience. If anyone is in the Tampa Florida market and looking for a BMW I would go see Carlotta at Reeves. SHe was great
interesting - not considering the prices she quoted - all this information is afaik correct ... so she is surprisingly well informed for a dealer! given that, it's nice to hear her optimistic view of pricing.
joelk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 08:08 AM   #3
dsm9
Private First Class
 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

I also was in contact with a CA recently and he also gave me the same price for the 135.
dsm9 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

Posts: 493
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to TESLAASTRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVIK View Post

She said the base price of the 135i is 32k
Looks like Carlotta wants to sell "alot-a cars".....please pardon my cynicism,but is she a relative of yours?....32k?

joelk, what other info did she give that could be construed as her being that well informed?.....

Thinking about "sales tactics", why not pull a low figure like 32k out of her ass, thinking shes got you hooked on the performance of the 335....that way, when you come back in Jan/feb to place your order, and the price is 35-37k, she will apologize profusely for that 32k figure, yet have the option of getting you on the list for an MSRP 135,selling you a slightly discounted 335 coupe on the lot, or a more discounted 335 sedan on the lot.....all win/win for Carlotta

again, pardon my cynicism.....
TESLAASTRO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 08:58 AM   #5
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
 
joelk's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
joelk, what other info did she give that could be construed as her being that well informed?.....
March 22nd release date. I've seen plenty of examples on this board where dealers are making ridiculously early predictions....she actually had it down to the day. that's a plus.

Demos in February makes a lot of sense to me as well.

My point is that she was very realistic with these assertions and i would infer from that that she might be making a realistic / educated guess on the price of the car as well. Don't take my comments to mean anything more than that. I'm not endorsing her view necessarily....and I'm not saying i trust her entirely....although i wouldn't be surprised if it were true. ;-)
joelk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 12:19 PM   #6
gbent
First Lieutenant
 
gbent's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

Posts: 312
iTrader: (0)

My CA tells me the same kind of pricing from what he can gather. Well equiped 135i = $35/36k.
gbent is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

Posts: 493
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to TESLAASTRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelk View Post
March 22nd release date. I've seen plenty of examples on this board where dealers are making ridiculously early predictions....she actually had it down to the day. that's a plus.

Demos in February makes a lot of sense to me as well.

My point is that she was very realistic with these assertions and i would infer from that that she might be making a realistic / educated guess on the price of the car as well. Don't take my comments to mean anything more than that. I'm not endorsing her view necessarily....and I'm not saying i trust her entirely....although i wouldn't be surprised if it were true. ;-)
agreed....
TESLAASTRO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #8
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

Posts: 493
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to TESLAASTRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbent View Post
My CA tells me the same kind of pricing from what he can gather. Well equiped 135i = $35/36k.
that would be great.....at that price though inventory could become scarce.....I hope it's as easy as everyone has advised me previously on this board, including Irv, about special ordering: walk into dealer, order car, 3 months letter, receive exact car you want......hope so.....
TESLAASTRO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #9
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
 
joelk's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
that would be great!
i know ... i might be able to afford those tii rims!
joelk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #10
moonjockey
Registered
 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

What are the release dates that are known for the 1 series. I am interested in the 135 cabrio and heard that is coming later in the year and also heard its coming out at the same time the others do.
moonjockey is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 02:03 PM   #11
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
 
joelk's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonjockey View Post
What are the release dates that are known for the 1 series. I am interested in the 135 cabrio and heard that is coming later in the year and also heard its coming out at the same time the others do.
ive heard it is coming out contemporaneously with the coupe (i.e. march/april). makes sense to take advantage of spring.
joelk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
9600baud
Private
 
Drives: Feet
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 77
iTrader: (0)

Was she hot?
9600baud is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 02:51 PM   #13
HFranks
New Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

The Cabrio 135i is supposed to enter manufacturing in March so it will not show up until May or so. The 128i Cabrio should be released with the coupe in March.
HFranks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #14
joeyusc
New Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbent View Post
My CA tells me the same kind of pricing from what he can gather. Well equiped 135i = $35/36k.
I heard the same thing from my local dealership in WA state. Car and Driver magazine either meant the high 30's prediction to include the starting price/w options, or just flat out erred in judgment. If the 135i were to start in the high 30's (without options), it would be based just about at the same price as the 335i sedan, which is a bad-ass car with more value (to most all buyers and sellers) than the 135i coupe. If the 135i start within 3K of of the 335i sedan (let alone the same price), I would fork out a little extra for the sedan, or simply take my business elsewhere. The above dealership predictions are consistent with what I have been hearing, and with rationality.
joeyusc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #15
joeyusc
New Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

I might add that I am tired of hearing about the major impact that the weak dollar as compared to the EU currency will have on BMW's long-term pricing decisions. Keep in mind that this discrepancy in currency value may change dramatically if/when a Democratic president gets elected in 2008. BMW can't make major pricing decisions based on the present/temporary value of the dollar, especially when taking into account that Hillary (although I don't particularly like her) is expected by many to win the election in 08. That win could dramatically affect our economy, and ultimately, our exchange rate. Think about the the potential backlash if BMW prices cars at 3K higher this year based on exchange rate, only to lower prices by that much in a year or two when the dollar rebounds. Plus, for those who study economics, Germany's economy is performing horribly--borderline crisis bad.
joeyusc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #16
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

Posts: 493
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to TESLAASTRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelk View Post
contemporaneously
Joel, are you an attorney?.....the only time I've ever seen that word "bandied about" was in contracts written by, or amended by lawyers.....just curious
TESLAASTRO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #17
Casius
New Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Been lurking here for a bit but I did have the chance to swing by Newport Beach Sterling BMW and was informed of the March 22nd date as well.

The lady didn't inform me of any pricing nor did they want to take a deposit. They were basically just taking names down so they know who to contact when more concrete information comes out. (This was the same in Irvine)
Casius is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #18
dieselchas
Enlisted Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9600baud View Post
Was she hot?
I almost fell out of my chair!

Wouldn't we all like a hot bimmer driving woman, with huge discounts at our favorite dealer!
__________________
"The road goes on for ever and the party never ends!" - REK
dieselchas is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 07:23 PM   #19
MikeT
Private First Class
 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
Thinking about "sales tactics", why not pull a low figure like 32k out of her ass, thinking shes got you hooked on the performance of the 335....that way, when you come back in Jan/feb to place your order, and the price is 35-37k, she will apologize profusely for that 32k figure, yet have the option of getting you on the list for an MSRP 135,selling you a slightly discounted 335 coupe on the lot, or a more discounted 335 sedan on the lot.....all win/win for Carlotta
You nailed it.
MikeT is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 07:24 PM   #20
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
 
joelk's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
Joel, are you an attorney?.....the only time I've ever seen that word "bandied about" was in contracts written by, or amended by lawyers.....just curious
lol ... sigh ... yeah guilty. :redface:

patent attorney
joelk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #21
HAVIK
New Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9600baud View Post
Was she hot?
Yes she was which is not a plus for me. My wife gets jealous very easily
HAVIK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST