BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

View Poll Results: Whose cancelling and whose staying?
Sticking with the 1er 28 60.87%
Cancelling or have cancelled their order 10 21.74%
Undecided 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #23
YYZATC
Private
1
Rep
72
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Nov 2007

iTrader: (0)

I wasn't asking if you would pay over MSRP.

If you are going to lease or finance a 135i you are effectively paying a price that is higher than a 335i coupe. Bringinthewolf stated he would pay more for the 1er than the 3er because it was a more desirable car for him.

So my question is with all things being equal (ie same lease/finance rates as a 3er) at what price above the 335i coupe would the 135i coupe no longer be attractive.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #24
bimmerfile
Grand Poobah
bimmerfile's Avatar
Canada
14
Rep
1,028
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 228xi Msprt cab (on order)
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GTA, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringinthewolf View Post
To be perfectly honest with you, I would be purchasing the 1 over the 3 even if the 1 series had a higher MSRP. I have driven extensively in a 335i coupe and love everything about the car except the size. Coming from an S2000, I find the 3 just too damn big. So why wouldnít I choose the 1 over the 3 irregardless of price? The 1 offers everything that the 3 series does except the bulk. Just my 2 cents.
Ditto.. I'm coming from a Z4 and while I love the design of the 3er coupe/cab, It's just too large.
I know the 1er ain't a lot smaller, but it feels just right size to me..
FWIW, I was prepared to pay more for the 1er than I did. To get a 128i Cabrio at almost $19K LT a similarly equipped 328i Cabrio is a bargain as far as I'm concerned...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #25
vanjaG
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hamilton

iTrader: (3)

Cancelling

Hello All;

I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order, now the question is what happens with the deposit...

I know linus has mentioned that they are obliged to deliver the car within 90 days of order submittion. I guess that does not apply to me...ok, here is what happened in my case:

-placed deposit of $500 back in november of 2007 for 135i, they did not know price, options etc. back then...i did not sign anything, just gave them my VISA number over the phone...

-when the prices came out (january), i placed my order for 135i, that was week6 built, end of march delivery...they required another $1500 deposit, and I provided them with my MC, again I did not sign anything...I just signed BMW quote, with the price, options, and $500 deposit on the quote (no mention of extra $1500 i put)...


what happens now? how do I get my money back?
thanks for reply

Sorry BMW Canada, you really messed up at the end
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #26
koala
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 06 BMW M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB CA

iTrader: (0)

If the dealer refuses to refund your deposit you simply call your credit card company and have them do a charge back (no delivery of goods, price not agreeable, charge slip not signed - this is the big one, regular merchant agreements FORBID keying in a credit card without taking a manual imprint of the card at the same time, a store can lose it's merchant account if they get caught doing this [as an aside, if they are setup for a virtual terminal/web orders they can accept credit cards over the phone legally]).
__________________
2006 M Coupe | Interlagos Blue | Black Interior.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #27
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Bringinthewolf's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
779
Posts

 
Drives: SGM 135i Cabrio
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZATC View Post
I wasn't asking if you would pay over MSRP.

If you are going to lease or finance a 135i you are effectively paying a price that is higher than a 335i coupe. Bringinthewolf stated he would pay more for the 1er than the 3er because it was a more desirable car for him.

So my question is with all things being equal (ie same lease/finance rates as a 3er) at what price above the 335i coupe would the 135i coupe no longer be attractive.

Most people see the 1íer as down market from the 3 series just because it is lower priced, but why is it lower priced? What advantage does the 3 have over the 1? The answer is nothing. Itís essentially the same car other than the size so in my opinion they should be priced the same. Just pick the size that suits you.
I donít know at what price point I would say that I would live with the size of a 3 series because the 1 is too much more money. Obviously that is a very difficult question to answer. Iím glad that is not the case and I wonít have to make that decision because in my market the 3 series will cost more.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #28
vanjaG
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hamilton

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koala View Post
If the dealer refuses to refund your deposit you simply call your credit card company and have them do a charge back (no delivery of goods, price not agreeable, charge slip not signed - this is the big one, regular merchant agreements FORBID keying in a credit card without taking a manual imprint of the card at the same time, a store can lose it's merchant account if they get caught doing this [as an aside, if they are setup for a virtual terminal/web orders they can accept credit cards over the phone legally]).
Thanks for a quick reply

I was really excited to get in 135i by the end of the month, but considering that the lease rate is 7.75 (actually I would get 7.25 since i am returing customer) it is really a rip off...

I was hoping for 6.9 and 60 residual for 36mths and 24k
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #29
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
BMW Dreamer's Avatar
28
Rep
2,387
Posts

 
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern IL.

iTrader: (0)

I don't understand ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZATC View Post
I wasn't asking if you would pay over MSRP.

If you are going to lease or finance a 135i you are effectively paying a price that is higher than a 335i coupe. Bringinthewolf stated he would pay more for the 1er than the 3er because it was a more desirable car for him.

So my question is with all things being equal (ie same lease/finance rates as a 3er) at what price above the 335i coupe would the 135i coupe no longer be attractive.
I don't understand why people lease.

You say if you finance a 135i you are effectively paying a price that is higher than a 335i coupe.

I priced a 135i coupe, manual, sport pkg. comfort access, leatherette, and its MSRP with dest is $37,175

A 335i coupe, manual, sport pkg. comfort access, leatherette, the MSRP with dest is $43,175. Exactly $6,000 more.

The advantage of the 335i is the power seats and Logic7 is standard.

The main reason I will get a 135i. $6,000 less.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #30
koala
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 06 BMW M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
I don't understand why people lease.

You say if you finance a 135i you are effectively paying a price that is higher than a 335i coupe.

I priced a 135i coupe, manual, sport pkg. comfort access, leatherette, and its MSRP with dest is $37,175

A 335i coupe, manual, sport pkg. comfort access, leatherette, the MSRP with dest is $43,175. Exactly $6,000 more.

The advantage of the 335i is the power seats and Logic7 is standard.

The main reason I will get a 135i. $6,000 less.
You don't understand why people lease? I get back about 40% of the cost of my insurance, registration, maintenance, lease payment and fuel.

That's why :wink:
__________________
2006 M Coupe | Interlagos Blue | Black Interior.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #31
YYZATC
Private
1
Rep
72
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Nov 2007

iTrader: (0)

Jeff1962

This is a Canadian forum so I am not sure how it applies to the US. Here the MSRP on a 335i is more expensive actually about $10 000 more.

Currently in Canada the finance rate is 2.9% for 335i while the 135i is 7.75% (some say 6.75% but I got a quote stating 7.75%). Once you factor in these finance rates into the price of the car you actually pay more for the 135 vs 335. Also discounts can be achieched on the 335 while you will pay MSRP on the 135.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #32
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
BMW Dreamer's Avatar
28
Rep
2,387
Posts

 
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern IL.

iTrader: (0)

You mean finance rates for a lease I assume.

If I finance/purchase I will get 6% for 84 months. WOW a long time I know, but that is the way I must finance.

The 135i with $5k US down is $520 month.
The 335i with $5k US down is $609 month.
This is both at MSRP with tax.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #33
1LazyBmw
Brigadier General
1LazyBmw's Avatar
Canada
52
Rep
3,987
Posts

 
Drives: E82
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZATC View Post
Jeff1962

This is a Canadian forum so I am not sure how it applies to the US. Here the MSRP on a 335i is more expensive actually about $10 000 more.

Currently in Canada the finance rate is 2.9% for 335i while the 135i is 7.75% (some say 6.75% but I got a quote stating 7.75%). Once you factor in these finance rates into the price of the car you actually pay more for the 135 vs 335. Also discounts can be achieched on the 335 while you will pay MSRP on the 135.
Till date I am still suprised how many Americans post on the Canadian regional side of the forum... no offense you can post where and when ever you want but I think "we" as in Canadians expect answers/concerns and questions from the Canadian people and market... because we know how it is and why things are things.. just my 2 cents.. when Americans comment on lease numbers.. taxes and fees it just confuses us as you guys dont get the same rates/fees/prices or features..:iono:
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #34
123d
Member
2
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koala View Post
You don't understand why people lease? I get back about 40% of the cost of my insurance, registration, maintenance, lease payment and fuel.

That's why :wink:
If you mean because of business use... you don't have to lease to be able to write if off.

If this is not what you are talking about... how about you explain your self a bit more.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #35
1LazyBmw
Brigadier General
1LazyBmw's Avatar
Canada
52
Rep
3,987
Posts

 
Drives: E82
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123d View Post
If you mean because of business use... you don't have to lease to be able to write if off.

If this is not what you are talking about... how about you explain your self a bit more.
I get auto stuff written off from my finance and when I asked my account he said the car "does not have to be leased".
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 07:21 PM   #36
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
BMW Dreamer's Avatar
28
Rep
2,387
Posts

 
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern IL.

iTrader: (0)

Sorry. New here and didn't realize Canada and US was separated.

I just hit "New Posts" @ the top. I will be better about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #37
looking
Captain
13
Rep
602
Posts

 
Drives: 135
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

^^^

No problem, we're a welcoming country! It's just that the numbers will throw everyone off. Come back any time! ahahah
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #38
koala
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 06 BMW M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123d View Post
If you mean because of business use... you don't have to lease to be able to write if off.

If this is not what you are talking about... how about you explain your self a bit more.
Hard to explain my personal situation, but it works out better for me to lease.

Obviously its different for every person and you should always consult your accountant.
__________________
2006 M Coupe | Interlagos Blue | Black Interior.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST