|03-15-2008, 09:19 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Sat in, photoed, started 135i today - pics and long!
So I went to a undisclosed BMW dealership today and was treated to sitting in, starting and idling a 135i.
- Lots of head room - even with the sunroof (which was a huge problem with my G35 coupe)
- Manual seats are just fine for adjustment and they are awesome to sit in... they hug you so nicely. I am definitely getting manual seats... on purpose! a first for me!
- The boston leather is fantastic and so worth it
- According to the Sales Guy if you get USB on either stereo it will be displayed on the radio. I was NOT able to verify this.
- Exhaust note is just perfect
- Sitting in the driver seat thinking of 300ft/lbs of torque at idle speed bring evil smiles to one's face (according to the fiancee)
- The car does not feel small while in it but it looks SMALL especially in white and near other BMWs.
- Overall very impressed.
- I did not like the Sedona Red. It looked too orange for me and just did not do it for me. ( I am glad I went to see it in person because I had put a deposit on a Sedona based on availability) I am ordering a custom Sparkling Graphite even if it means waiting to June and driving other peoples cars until then. Hell I will walk or ride my Yamaha R6 until then.
- The 128i without sport package has so much fendergap compared to the sport 135 that it looks like it is preparing for a flood of biblical proportions!
- Not much room in the backseat my fiancee who is 5'1'' on the best day fit fine but she said she wouldn't want to sit there more than an hour at a time. I think someone up to 5'6" could fit. I did not attempt it as I am 6'1''. Leg room seems more of a problem then head room.
- While the 1 looks a bit smallish, the 3 coupes look too long especially now that the 1 is on the scene.
I wasn't able to test drive the 135 but I did take out a 328 sedan to get a feel for BMWs and the clutch and shifter. The throws of the shifter were a bit long but that clutch operation is magic. I was used to an 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Manual Sport package (prior to it being destroyed by an old lady hitting me head on with a 1997 ford escort) and I could never really get the hang of the clutch and shifter (I have been driving standards for 17 years... Audi, Saab etc).
Also the premium sound system sounds great and I am definitely ordering it.
BMW brakes are awesome even on a 328i sedan. Especially compared to the Pontiac Grand Prix rental car. If it weren't for the seat belt my fiancee would have imbedded her teeth in the dash several times.
BMW is most definately the ultimate driving machine (even a 328i is very competent) and I can't believe I haven't owned one yet!!!! I shall change that soon.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|