BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
lurchbyrep
Registered

Drives:

Moonroof question

I'm interested in buying a new 135i coupe but I'm unclear as to exactly what the "moonroof" does. My understanding of moonroofs is that they can only be closed off or tilted, as opposed to sunroofs which open up to fully expose the opening. However, I certainly could be wrong, as I've never owned a car with either to date. My question is, does the 135i moonroof open all the way up, or does it just tilt? Help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
      08-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
danmcg
Private First Class

Drives: '08 BSM 135i

It opens all the way. Also can just tilt up for a vent.
danmcg is offline   United_States
      08-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
syenisch
Captain

Drives: 2009 AW/CR 135i

I heard the difference between a sunroof and a moonroof is the glass. Sunroofs come with dark tinted glass; moonroofs come with lightly tinted/no tint glass. Could be way off though.
syenisch is offline   United_States
      08-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
lurchbyrep
Registered

Drives:

Thanks so much... this puts my mind at rest. I've always bought cars for fuel economy (hence, my Civic Hybrid currently), but driving is one of my favorite activities and I want something just for enjoyment for once. The fully opened moonroof is a plus! Although, my best guess is that I'm going to have to go aftermarket on the stereo system (I'm a bit of an audiophile), since the "premium hi-fi" option doesn't sound like it's going to cut it... but, one thing at a time.