BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
hooner35
Make every day a great 1!
 
hooner35's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Motorcity, MI

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
2008 135i  [3.50]
Michigan 1ers - Share your favorite drive for your 1.

I'll start.
http://magazine.windingroad.com/wind...pm=1&u1=friend

I haven't driven on this road yet, but it sure does sound interesting.
__________________
1M / Alpine White
hooner35 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2008, 03:13 AM   #2
Ryan@IND
 
Ryan@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 4,263
iTrader: (16)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan@IND Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan@IND
I know this road.... took it a couple of times when i went to school in AA.
awesome drive.
Ryan@IND is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Achtung, Achtung !
Registered
 
Drives:
Join Date: Jan 2009

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

New Car, Happy Man !!

At the high risk of boring all of you to tears (your'e all probably sick of hearing of yet another transformed life !!), on 29 December I went and picked up my new 135i. Owning a BMW has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid. So it was an overwhelming experience for me. Paying in cash made it even more overwhelming, in a bad way!!

If anyone's interested (besides myself) it's a:
-Titanium Silver 135i Coupe produced late 11/08
-6 speed manual trans [couldn't find a single stick in the country that had the options we wanted, had to order & wait a very long 8 wk]
-Navigation/iDrive system
-Premium package w/ Taupe Boston Leather seats, Aluminum trim that I was told was made of carbon fiber by dealer [?]
-SPORTS PACKAGE: This was the best surprise ever ! In add'n to the excellent strg wheel, ours came with an M-logo shifter, to me the heart of the whole cockpit!
-18 " 5-spoke alloy wheels.
-Premium Audio System Can anyone reading this help delineate what exactly you get for all this money? It sds gr8, tho.
-Finally, a Christmas gift from my GF, a set of Dunlop SP Wintersport 3d 225/40 R 18 snow tires ! I had snow tires could actually perform this well and look this cool with a low profile !

Just ran out of the 1st, dealer-supplied tank of gas. To me, when you're burning that tank - THAT's a new car !!

Achtung, Achtung ! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung, Achtung ! View Post
At the high risk of boring all of you to tears (your'e all probably sick of hearing of yet another transformed life !!), on 29 December I went and picked up my new 135i. Owning a BMW has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid. So it was an overwhelming experience for me. Paying in cash made it even more overwhelming, in a bad way!!

If anyone's interested (besides myself) it's a:
-Titanium Silver 135i Coupe produced late 11/08
-6 speed manual trans [couldn't find a single stick in the country that had the options we wanted, had to order & wait a very long 8 wk]
-Navigation/iDrive system
-Premium package w/ Taupe Boston Leather seats, Aluminum trim that I was told was made of carbon fiber by dealer [?]
-SPORTS PACKAGE: This was the best surprise ever ! In add'n to the excellent strg wheel, ours came with an M-logo shifter, to me the heart of the whole cockpit!
-18 " 5-spoke alloy wheels.
-Premium Audio System Can anyone reading this help delineate what exactly you get for all this money? It sds gr8, tho.
-Finally, a Christmas gift from my GF, a set of Dunlop SP Wintersport 3d 225/40 R 18 snow tires ! I had snow tires could actually perform this well and look this cool with a low profile !

Just ran out of the 1st, dealer-supplied tank of gas. To me, when you're burning that tank - THAT's a new car !!

Wow, congrats to you, man! It's always nice completing one of your life's goals!

What's your name anyway? I added you to the LIST, but need your name to complete the listing. Also, keep an eye on our thread here: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6681

It hasn't been very active lately, but hopefully it'll pick back up when the weather starts to get nice.

Anyway, enjoy the car! Hope to meet you at a gathering some time. :smile:
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
bmwzone
Captain
 
bmwzone's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 5.0 (ordered), 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Congrats and WELCOME! This was my first BMW and after 9 mos ownership (cash as well) I still enjoy this car like it's the first day I drove it off the dealer lot. The M steering wheel and shifter, incredible power stock, and it just plain rocks.
bmwzone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
coolguy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN

Posts: 573
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung, Achtung ! View Post
At the high risk of boring all of you to tears (your'e all probably sick of hearing of yet another transformed life !!), on 29 December I went and picked up my new 135i. Owning a BMW has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid. So it was an overwhelming experience for me. Paying in cash made it even more overwhelming, in a bad way!!
Congrads n Welcome. Jason is the unofficial moderator here. Yo found Da man:biggrin:
coolguy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
EINS
Fan of European & Performance Center Deliveries!
 
EINS's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i SGM Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Commerce Township, MI

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82 / 135i  [0.00]
Thumbs up Welcome & Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung, Achtung ! View Post
At the high risk of boring all of you to tears (your'e all probably sick of hearing of yet another transformed life !!), on 29 December I went and picked up my new 135i. Owning a BMW has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid. So it was an overwhelming experience for me. Paying in cash made it even more overwhelming, in a bad way!!

If anyone's interested (besides myself) it's a:
-Titanium Silver 135i Coupe produced late 11/08
-6 speed manual trans [couldn't find a single stick in the country that had the options we wanted, had to order & wait a very long 8 wk]
-Navigation/iDrive system
-Premium package w/ Taupe Boston Leather seats, Aluminum trim that I was told was made of carbon fiber by dealer [?]
-SPORTS PACKAGE: This was the best surprise ever ! In add'n to the excellent strg wheel, ours came with an M-logo shifter, to me the heart of the whole cockpit!
-18 " 5-spoke alloy wheels.
-Premium Audio System Can anyone reading this help delineate what exactly you get for all this money? It sds gr8, tho.
-Finally, a Christmas gift from my GF, a set of Dunlop SP Wintersport 3d 225/40 R 18 snow tires ! I had snow tires could actually perform this well and look this cool with a low profile !

Just ran out of the 1st, dealer-supplied tank of gas. To me, when you're burning that tank - THAT's a new car !!
Congrats on becoming a BMW owner especially of such a sweet ride!

Enjoy many, many, many years of fun behind the M wheel.

-Jeff
__________________
'08 135i SGM Coupe delivered in Munich, Nürburgring tested
EINS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #8
bmwzone
Captain
 
bmwzone's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 5.0 (ordered), 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Congrads n Welcome. Jason is the unofficial moderator here. Yo found Da man:biggrin:
And "da exhaust" his car sounds "da best".
bmwzone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #9
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Haha - thanks, guys. It's shaping up to sound a lot more insane this season too... :biggrin:
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
hooner35
Make every day a great 1!
 
hooner35's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Motorcity, MI

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
2008 135i  [3.50]
'boring all of you to tears'

Congratulations, and don't worry, we'll never get bored of another new 1 stories.

Actually it reminded me of the delievery of my 1. ....especially when my 1 is hibernating in garage for winter....

Enjoy.

Oh, BTW. since this is the 'post your favotire dr1ve' thread,
I did find another one.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/route...OH/OH_20.shtml

Not in MI, but not too far ether...
__________________
1M / Alpine White
hooner35 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #11
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooner35 View Post
'boring all of you to tears'

Congratulations, and don't worry, we'll never get bored of another new 1 stories.

Actually it reminded me of the delievery of my 1. ....especially when my 1 is hibernating in garage for winter....

Enjoy.

Oh, BTW. since this is the 'post your favotire dr1ve' thread,
I did find another one.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/route...OH/OH_20.shtml

Not in MI, but not too far ether...
Sorry, Hoon - I don't think anyone intended to jack your thread!

I have a few roads that I'm partial to, but nothing I've felt are worth posting (yet)... I'm subscribed so that I can post as soon as I come up with something worth-while! :biggrin:
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #12
hooner35
Make every day a great 1!
 
hooner35's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Motorcity, MI

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
2008 135i  [3.50]
No worries Jason.
Do check out the link to OH drive.
I'm definetly going to do that one when my 1 gets out of sleep...
__________________
1M / Alpine White
hooner35 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST