BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-16-2009, 04:19 AM   #1
rich_hobo94
Registered
Rep
Drives: LeMans Blue M Sport 120i Hatch

Ultimate Detailing Machine or PC 7424

Hi I'm new to this forum and I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find where to get them... are they even made for the Aussie market??? If so, where could I find one? Thanks in advance!.

(I need one because I have a 530i M Sport [2008] and a 120i M Sport [2006 - used] and both need a polish. The 120i needs some touch-up paintwork done as well so I should polish after, right? )
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 03:16 AM   #2
AussieRacer
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

If your budget stretches into the $400 range, I'd highly recommend the Bosch GEX150 Turbo.

Doesn't quite have the throw of the PC (I'm not familiar with the UDM), but has the massive benefit of forced rotation. That means at the fastest speeds you can get the correction of a rotary, with the balance of random orbital safety. And of course it can be switched to just random orbital mode when applying glazes, etc...

I wouldn't say it is quite idiot proof as it can generate buffer trails if not held correctly, but it won't do them as easily nor burn through paint easily like a rotary.

The place I brought it from had to do a special order as they hadn't heard it and said I should get a proper rotary or a Festool Rotex....then a pointed them to the specs and they realised they had a bargain detailing available from Bosch they never realised existed.

My 2 cents worth.
      02-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
N54tt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BLUE on BLACK

try this....http://www.autopia-carcare.com/
i have the UDM and i love it!!!!