BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Pinnacle Required or Comfort Works Too?

ForumlaONE Pinnacle claims it wont interfere with BMW's electronics

So does that mean Forumla One Comfort Series will mess with BMW's electronics?

I'd like some good Heat Reduction 15-18% Tint but I dont want to fork over $360 for Pinnacle
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

i have no idea about the comfort series, but pinnacle is 100% non metallic (ceramic) therefore it wont interfere. ceramic costs much more to produce so therefore it is well worth the price. what % are you thinking of getting?
      07-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post
i have no idea about the comfort series, but pinnacle is 100% non metallic (ceramic) therefore it wont interfere. ceramic costs much more to produce so therefore it is well worth the price. what % are you thinking of getting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post

I'd like some good Heat Reduction 15-18% Tint but I dont want to fork over $360 for Pinnacle
Jibaholic so far your my favorite poster, you've this a couple of times to me hehe

Ceramic is alittle too pricey...nearly $400 lol
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #4
Ajumepke
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

can someone else confirm that ceramic tints won't interefere with remote range? I've all about given up on tinting because I don't want reduce remote range.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 01:59 AM   #5
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
Jibaholic so far your my favorite poster, you've this a couple of times to me hehe

Ceramic is alittle too pricey...nearly $400 lol
thanks! but unfortunately bmw is a synonym to pricey. and pinnacle only comes in 50%, 35%, 15%, and 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajumepke View Post
can someone else confirm that ceramic tints won't interefere with remote range? I've all about given up on tinting because I don't want reduce remote range.
i suppose if you have just regular radio, no comfort access, no HD radio, or no nav it wouldnt matter

you see tint has to have some sort of material in it to insulate and reflect heat away, metallic uses metal flakes in it, ceramic has no metal flakes in it. therefore radio signals arent deflected by metal in the tint. there have been many posts where guys get metallic and their comfort access decreases to 5 feet away and radio reception goes down the toilet. dont be shy to branch to m3post, this was recently discussed there!
      07-05-2009, 02:08 AM   #6
Slay0r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 E92 ///M,13 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajumepke View Post

i owned my 1 for a week before i got it tinted. Even in the week prior to tint there would b occasions where i would have to walk within 10ft of it to get it to lock/unlock. it was horrible before i tinted it,...not much has changed
Appreciate 0