BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-14-2010, 02:16 AM   #23
BMW86
Major General

Drives: BMW 135i / Kawa Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
I personally disagree totally with you on this, I think the interior is quite choice for a luxury sports coupe. Its not overly rediculous like chrome trim n superduper poofy seats, its well organized, trim and classy, yet sporty where need be like the seats, the wheel, and other little things like the shifter placement, etc.

I even had a bitch about the lower armrest that doesnt adjust in this car, but ive had the car 3 months now and im already used to it, it feels fine to me now
Basically you summarised the point I've been trying to get across. For a small sports coupe I think our interiors are fine but when comparing it to BMW as a premium brand or luxury car it's fairly norm and nothing special. When I compare it to other sports cars in similar price range (eg STI, Evo, 370z), I'm very happy with our interior. Like I said, the interior is the last thing that needs upgrading in our cars because it's already at a nice standard. But what I will say is that our interior could have looked half as nice and I still would have purchased my 135i.
Queensland Raceway Sprint 1:01:22 - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Clubman 1:04:74 - Street Tyres
Lakeside Raceway 1:03:97 - Street Tyres
BMW86 is offline   Australia
      06-14-2010, 04:48 AM   #24
Basheezy
Bashar

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

I went to the same event as the OP in Berkeley. Traffic was pretty bad at the time I was test driving too. I signed up for the 335 vs IS350 because I thought the 335 would be closest to the 135i (which I plan to get soon) but I still got a presentation on the 5. Mainly about it's interior which I thought was pretty neat.

Drove the IS350 first and it was sort of similar in feel to my moms v6 camry SE

Then came back for the 335 only to learn it would be a 335d. While it would've been nice to drive. I doubt it would be anything like 135i since it's a completely different motor. I explained to the representatives about my intent and they gave me a 135i from their used inventory to try out.

I have to say for my first time driving the car and for it being in traffic mostly I loved it. I loved how responsive the Step. was. Click and ur in gear immediately.

I noticed something though. When I accelerate from a stop sign/light. There wasn't really gradual acceleration as I wanted. It was more of a kick in the a$$ lol. It felt like there was some sort of accelerator pedal lag. Is this normal or was I just being too aggressive with the gas?
Basheezy is offline   United_States
      06-16-2010, 02:17 AM   #25
guydude
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 135is

Garage List
2008 135is  [0.00]
maybe i'll try z4? sounds like ur all over the place....no solid direction....at least ur staying with bmw.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCKBA View Post
My dealer had mid size car competitors driving event including all new 5 series. They have two models 535 and 550, however 535 was available for driving. Unfortunately I reached the dealer at rush time, so freeway driving at 5mph was ridiculous. So I used side street just to see how well the car in city driving. It is really impressive, very smooth and powerful N55, adaptive suspension, incredibly accurate steering. Can be pulled forward quite quickly, quite, comfortable drive, endless electronics features bringing Lexus in shame. Impressive EPA 20/29 with step.
From negative side I can tell only very inconvenient place for cup holders. I never use them; however people who I drive sometimes drink. Useless smoker package, I would prefer extra storage, but for something else, for example sun glasses. I prefer 1 series steering wheel thickness, although 550 has better steering wheel, it still is not matching 1.
When I returned in 1 after test driving I had impression of so cheap car, so wanted to trade in immediately for new 5 series. What is still good in 1 with N54? Noticeably more responsive acceleration. I need floor 535 to make it move, and I can do the same with just light taping gas pedal in 1. ! seems still better in maneuvers and braking. Will I really replace 1 by 5? I do not know, I like luxury of 5, butů maybe try Z4?
guydude is offline   United_States