BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Haywood
Captain

Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

F***ing potholes! Help w/ Bent Rim

As you know, we have horrible potholes from the long winter. I've seem to hit everyone of them in the area! Just had my car into the dealer to have my control module replaced and they told me that my left inner part of the rim is bent and my right tire has a bubble in it. I just order the Hankook V12's, but need to get the rim fixed.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable company in the area that can fix bent rims? Thanks in advance.

Haywood

"Thanks for coming and have an A1 day"
Haywood is offline   United_States
      04-15-2010, 06:55 AM   #2
pseto
Major General

Drives: M3 E92 ZCP, M Roadster, X5 4.4

Ye Ole Wheel Shop in Elkridge, MD does great work, but the turnaround time isnt the fastest

Become a BMW CCA member & reference my member# 339225
Join our NCC Facebook Page
pseto is offline   United_States
      04-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
JamesJ
Registered

Drives: BMW 335xi

don't bother - I just had 2 rims unbent (for $400) and weeks later they're bet again
      06-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
crex
Captain

Drives: bmw 135i, Jeep wrangler

I had a bent from a major pot hole on 66 near fairfax and honestly bmw of sterling sold me a new one for like 276 so it was just easier to buy a new rim for me. The rim repair service wanted more to fix it.
      06-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
Haywood
Captain

Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
I had a bent from a major pot hole on 66 near fairfax and honestly bmw of sterling sold me a new one for like 276 so it was just easier to buy a new rim for me. The rim repair service wanted more to fix it.
I wish you would have checked with me! I have an additional front rim that is slightly used in great shape. I'm going to be putting it up for sale soon. At least I see them doing some repaving now.

"Thanks for coming and have an A1 day"
Haywood is offline   United_States
      06-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
MFGJR
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post

Can anyone recommend a reasonable company in the area that can fix bent rims? Thanks in advance.

Haywood
Excellent results from the Richmond franchisee for these guys: http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/

Straightened a bent rim on the 335 ($125), and refinished a wheel on the Z4MC ($100)--flawless work on both jobs, and my guy picks up and drops off at the house. Anyone have experience with the NoVa franchisee?