BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
abehwang
Captain
6
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Hard time finding manual 135i in NOVA

I'm looking for my next car... coming from an e46
and first I was into the 335i but now I want the 135i

However, I'm having trouble finding a 6speed with the color combos I want
it's either the 135i has the color combo I want but it's auto
or it has the 6speed manual i want but the color is off

Color Combo:
Exterior: Black, SG, AW
Interior: Coral Red or Black

preferably 2009+ with low mileage (under 30k)
If you guys could help me in the right direction as in which dealer (reliable or good) that would be much appreciated

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
35
Rep
2,681
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (1)

Honestly you might be better off expanding your search. If the color combo is that important to you, then driving down a few hours to get the car you want shouldn't be a big deal. Gives you a great drive home to get to know your new car
__________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death… – Hunter Thompson
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
abehwang
Captain
6
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

should I be expanding my search through kbb or other car websites?
if you could recommend me some that would be great
or where you got your car from
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
35
Rep
2,681
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (1)

Try kbb, autotrader, cars.com, all of them really. Check ebay too. Look everywhere! lol
__________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death… – Hunter Thompson
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
MikeinAlexandria
Lieutenant
United_States
13
Rep
567
Posts

 
Drives: 128i M Sport Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA

iTrader: (0)

Talk to Phil Marx at BMW of Charlottesville. He keeps one of each BMW series on the lot with a manual. His dealership had the only 128i convertible in Le Mans Blue with a manual in the entire country when I was looking.

His customers buy a lot of manual transmission equipped cars, so it is quite possible to find what you want, as they take a fair number of trade-ins.


Quote:
Originally Posted by abehwang View Post
I'm looking for my next car... coming from an e46
and first I was into the 335i but now I want the 135i

However, I'm having trouble finding a 6speed with the color combos I want
it's either the 135i has the color combo I want but it's auto
or it has the 6speed manual i want but the color is off

Color Combo:
Exterior: Black, SG, AW
Interior: Coral Red or Black

preferably 2009+ with low mileage (under 30k)
If you guys could help me in the right direction as in which dealer (reliable or good) that would be much appreciated

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #6
enigma135
Lieutenant
enigma135's Avatar
5
Rep
490
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SG/Coral 135i Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bethesda, MD

iTrader: (0)

Are you interested in a vert???

I'm driving a SG/Coral Red 2009 Vert...13,300 miles
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
abehwang
Captain
6
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinAlexandria View Post
Talk to Phil Marx at BMW of Charlottesville. He keeps one of each BMW series on the lot with a manual. His dealership had the only 128i convertible in Le Mans Blue with a manual in the entire country when I was looking.

His customers buy a lot of manual transmission equipped cars, so it is quite possible to find what you want, as they take a fair number of trade-ins.
Sounds good, I'll check him out Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma135 View Post
Are you interested in a vert???

I'm driving a SG/Coral Red 2009 Vert...13,300 miles
Sorry, not interested in a vert :P
Thanks though
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
jkoral
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
834
Posts

 
Drives: '09 135i MSport 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abehwang View Post
should I be expanding my search through kbb or other car websites?
if you could recommend me some that would be great
or where you got your car from
bmwusa.com, CPO search (but you can search all pre-owned, not just CPO models).

I started with 1000 miles radius and expanded to whole country. Got quotes of ~$1000 to ship car from West coast (Washington) to East coast (Boston). Felt it was totally worth it to get the exact color/options I wanted and low mileage. And the three dealers I spoke with all were quick to drop the list price, so there felt like there was lots of room for negotiation.

Was looking at '09 CPOs with 9K and 12K miles earlier this year. If I hadn't decided to get the car I did, I was ready to buy one of these. I was looking for similar colors as you + 6MT + MSport.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #9
rader1
Banned
34
Rep
2,197
Posts

 
Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abehwang View Post
I'm looking for my next car... coming from an e46
and first I was into the 335i but now I want the 135i

However, I'm having trouble finding a 6speed with the color combos I want
it's either the 135i has the color combo I want but it's auto
or it has the 6speed manual i want but the color is off

Color Combo:
Exterior: Black, SG, AW
Interior: Coral Red or Black

preferably 2009+ with low mileage (under 30k)
If you guys could help me in the right direction as in which dealer (reliable or good) that would be much appreciated

Thanks
Dude, I totally bought your car lol. About 1 and 1/2 months ago I bought an 08 135i: 28k miles, black on black, M6, M package, idrive and I got it from darcars of fairfax. I had to drive from roanoke to get that thing lol

Last edited by rader1; 05-26-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST