BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-31-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
Mnime
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 1M AW
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX USA

Posts: 345
iTrader: (0)

Cool observations so far...

We all know the 1M is a sweet looking car and others on the road have taken notice as well.

This weekend along I had at least 3 E46 M3's, some kind of AMG Merc, and 2 Audi AS4's pull up either beside or behind me and get out their camera phones and snap pictures. The funny thing is watching the facial expressions of those who dont know the car is look all over the back of the car for a model designation other than M. And the ones who do know just smile like they like they just found a C note in a old pair of jeans.

Mnime is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
discoboy1
Major
 
discoboy1's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 1M VO
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal

Posts: 1,334
iTrader: (3)

I am amazed also on how many people don't know about this car....
__________________
2011 E82 1M VO
discoboy1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Franklin Joseph
Captain
 
Drives: X5 - MCS - M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 752
iTrader: (1)

nice. None of them wanted to race you?

i wonder who will be the first to say nice bodykit. When i owned a e30m3, i got that alot!
Franklin Joseph is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
M3 Adjuster
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 1988 M3 gone .. 1M HERE!!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

Posts: 3,315
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Joseph View Post
nice. None of them wanted to race you?

i wonder who will be the first to say nice bodykit. When i owned a e30m3, i got that alot!


OMG.. you know... that just may happen with the one as well...
" nice body kit on your 135"... I can hear it now!
__________________
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter president, Chief Driving Instructor
M3 Adjuster is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
Mnime
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 1M AW
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX USA

Posts: 345
iTrader: (0)

Yes a couple did but I resisted until the break in is complete (this weekend)!

I did back down a Boss 302 however. He wanted to be on my bumper and then when I gassed it and took off (but kept it in my break in spec), he decided he didnt want to approach me again. At least that is how I saw it go down
Mnime is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
M3 Adjuster
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 1988 M3 gone .. 1M HERE!!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

Posts: 3,315
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnime View Post
Yes a couple did but I resisted until the break in is complete (this weekend)!

I did back down a Boss 302 however. He wanted to be on my bumper and then when I gassed it and took off (but kept it in my break in spec), he decided he didnt want to approach me again. At least that is how I saw it go down


LOL Dang... I want a car now! Why didn't I just sell my soul when I came back!
__________________
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter president, Chief Driving Instructor
M3 Adjuster is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
Franklin Joseph
Captain
 
Drives: X5 - MCS - M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 752
iTrader: (1)

Its not too late Mark...to sell your soul...haha
Franklin Joseph is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
Kippers
Closeted BMW Enthusiast
 
Kippers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 ///M and 2011 1M
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PA

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [3.89]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [3.40]
Drive back from Florida, etc.

On my drive back from Florida to Pennsylvania ... I picked up my BSM 1M in Orlando ... I had a number of reactions ... the ones that stand out ... a thumbs up by a 3 series ... an "a-okay finger sign" from a 5 series ... and even a "nod" from a MB driver ... among other reactions.

The drive was especially hard because of being the 1200 mile break in period ... had to keep it under 70 mph. You don't know how hard it was to watch other cars zoom past me, knowing what was under my hood.

Since I have been back I have gotten a number of "long stares", in the parking lots a copy of nice body kit (which I have to correct them by informing of the body being OEM).

(Not sure what to think about my boss' boss asking me if that sports car in the parking lot is mine, ut oh.)

A great car, a great ride, responsive, great look, but not over the top, okay, perhaps close but not over the top.

__________________
2011 Black Sapphire Metallic 1M - OEM - Premium Opt + HK only
2000 cosmos black ///M
2007 335xi - OEM - Premium, etc **RETIRED**
2003 325i - OEM - My First **RETIRED**
Kippers is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
Dan Parker
Major
 
Drives: 2012 Golf R
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Georgia

Posts: 1,421
iTrader: (0)

At the dragons tail (day 1) I was asked if it was the new Mercedes. I just smiled and let him walk around and see the roundel.
At Road Atlanta Monday quite a few people were checking it out and telling me I was crazy for tracking such a rare car. I told them it looks a lot better moving than parked.
__________________
Dan Parker
Dan Parker is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
Wild Bill
Old Guy
 
Wild Bill's Avatar
 
Drives: JCW Clubman, 1M, 2007 Vette
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 230
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The other day, I was playing with a JCW Clubman that I see on the way to work. After I slowed down, he came up beside me and gave me a big thumbs up... I gave him one too, cuz our other car is a JCW Clubman. I wonder if he saw my license plate frame that says "My other car is a MINI"
Wild Bill is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #11
UNO///M
Second Lieutenant
 
UNO///M's Avatar
 
Drives: AW BMW 1M
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando,FL

Posts: 233
iTrader: (0)

Did you get your car at fields?

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippers View Post
On my drive back from Florida to Pennsylvania ... I picked up my BSM 1M in Orlando ... I had a number of reactions ... the ones that stand out ... a thumbs up by a 3 series ... an "a-okay finger sign" from a 5 series ... and even a "nod" from a MB driver ... among other reactions.

The drive was especially hard because of being the 1200 mile break in period ... had to keep it under 70 mph. You don't know how hard it was to watch other cars zoom past me, knowing what was under my hood.

Since I have been back I have gotten a number of "long stares", in the parking lots a copy of nice body kit (which I have to correct them by informing of the body being OEM).

(Not sure what to think about my boss' boss asking me if that sports car in the parking lot is mine, ut oh.)

A great car, a great ride, responsive, great look, but not over the top, okay, perhaps close but not over the top.

__________________
AW BMW 1M, N55 mid pipe, Lightweight titanausphalangen CF front splitter, Bmw Performance CF rear spoliler, LUX AE, IND goodies...
UNO///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #12
g2
New Member
 
Drives: E46,E85,E30
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
At the dragons tail (day 1) I was asked if it was the new Mercedes. I just smiled and let him walk around and see the roundel.
At Road Atlanta Monday quite a few people were checking it out and telling me I was crazy for tracking such a rare car. I told them it looks a lot better moving than parked.
Dan, it was awesome to see your car. I didn't get a chance to come back around to see if I could fit in it with my helmet. I'm glad you were running it.
g2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #13
Mnime
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 1M AW
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX USA

Posts: 345
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
telling me I was crazy for tracking such a rare car. I told them it looks a lot better moving than parked.
Good response.

I have had people ask me the same thing. I just keep Hell Yes...

My philosophy is if you cant have fun in it then why buy it.
Mnime is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #14
Kippers
Closeted BMW Enthusiast
 
Kippers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 ///M and 2011 1M
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PA

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [3.89]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [3.40]
Indeed I did ... are you the one who ordered an AW after seeing mine at Fields?

(Around the 17th of May?)


Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaito View Post
Did you get your car at fields?

I
__________________
2011 Black Sapphire Metallic 1M - OEM - Premium Opt + HK only
2000 cosmos black ///M
2007 335xi - OEM - Premium, etc **RETIRED**
2003 325i - OEM - My First **RETIRED**

Last edited by Kippers; 06-11-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Left out a word ....
Kippers is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
UNO///M
Second Lieutenant
 
UNO///M's Avatar
 
Drives: AW BMW 1M
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando,FL

Posts: 233
iTrader: (0)

Yes, that's me. Impatiently waiting. Saw your car and i was blown away. If you ever back in O-town let me know. It looks like mine will be the only one in central Fl.
UNO///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #16
desertfox73
Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 266
iTrader: (0)

You have an AW 1M in Dallas?

I'm in Big D and I just put my deposit down a few days ago...dealer asked me what color and I just laughed because I CAN'T DECIDE. And I can't afford 3.

Hope I get to see you driving around soon!
desertfox73 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #17
Kippers
Closeted BMW Enthusiast
 
Kippers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 ///M and 2011 1M
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PA

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [3.89]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [3.40]
Very glad you liked it, I love it ... was a sweet ride back to PA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaito View Post
Yes, that's me. Impatiently waiting. Saw your car and i was blown away. If you ever back in O-town let me know. It looks like mine will be the only one in central Fl.
__________________
2011 Black Sapphire Metallic 1M - OEM - Premium Opt + HK only
2000 cosmos black ///M
2007 335xi - OEM - Premium, etc **RETIRED**
2003 325i - OEM - My First **RETIRED**
Kippers is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #18
Mnime
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 1M AW
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX USA

Posts: 345
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
I'm in Big D and I just put my deposit down a few days ago...dealer asked me what color and I just laughed because I CAN'T DECIDE. And I can't afford 3.

Hope I get to see you driving around soon!
Yes. So far I think there is 1 in every color so far. My AW, P66 has a BSM, and I know BMWofDallas had a VO on their floor that was sold but I havent seen it running around yet.
Mnime is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #19
desertfox73
Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 266
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnime View Post
Yes. So far I think there is 1 in every color so far. My AW, P66 has a BSM, and I know BMWofDallas had a VO on their floor that was sold but I havent seen it running around yet.
Yep, I saw the VO...BMW Dallas was nice enough to let me come look at it and take a look inside. I believe the owner is out of town and can't take delivery until this week. Once it's on the road, though, it should be pretty visible!
desertfox73 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST