BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #23
desertfox73
Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 267
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
In this VIR (not mine) option 442 is listed outside of the premium options listing.
PS - where, oh where, did you find a base 1M for $42K??? Is this a US car?
desertfox73 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #24
Papethova
Brigadier General
 
Papethova's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: at Death Valley 127

Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
PS - where, oh where, did you find a base 1M for $42K??? Is this a US car?
I didnt, I actually found one for under 40k if you followed my posts I secured an order months ago at 500 over invoice on a US car.

The VIR shows the ED price, again that is NOT my VIR.
Papethova is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #25
desertfox73
Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 267
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
I didnt, I actually found one for under 40k if you followed my posts I secured an order months ago at 500 over invoice on a US car.

The VIR shows the ED price, again that is NOT my VIR.
Wow. Nope, I just joined a couple days ago, not long enough to follow anyone/anything other than my own curiosity. I wonder if your dealer is kicking themselves for letting it go for so little. They must really like you!
desertfox73 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #26
hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 VO 1M(1st Us car) 1of740
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 226
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
I dont have premium on my 135 and I have that cupholder. Is it linked to premium in the 1M? If so then I wont be getting it because you are correct I am not ordering premium, just heated seats and HK sound.

Sorry for the confusion, if my CA would send me a VIR I could confirm these things.
I have Premium but not convienance pkg. It is not linked to the Premium but the convienance pkg. The reason they include it is that the IDrive takes the place of 1 or more cup holders on the console in fromt of where the ipod connection is placed. I have no nc cup holder; no Nav and no iDrive but am having one put on because I do not want a drink next to where I plug in my iPod and iPhone.

I'll use it on a Road Trip and it is less in the way of shifting etc.
hollysmac is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #27
Papethova
Brigadier General
 
Papethova's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: at Death Valley 127

Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
Wow. Nope, I just joined a couple days ago, not long enough to follow anyone/anything other than my own curiosity. I wonder if your dealer is kicking themselves for letting it go for so little. They must really like you!
Actually I think they hate me
Papethova is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #28
Papethova
Brigadier General
 
Papethova's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: at Death Valley 127

Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollysmac View Post
I have Premium but not convienance pkg. It is not linked to the Premium but the convienance pkg. The reason they include it is that the IDrive takes the place of 1 or more cup holders on the console in fromt of where the ipod connection is placed. I have no nc cup holder; no Nav and no iDrive but am having one put on because I do not want a drink next to where I plug in my iPod and iPhone.

I'll use it on a Road Trip and it is less in the way of shifting etc.
Thanks Holly makes perfect sense, although my 135 doesnt have idrive and does have the cupholder. I have a total of 3 (2 in between the seats and one hanging off the side).
Papethova is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #29
Harlequin
Brigadier General
 
Harlequin's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M Coupé (VO)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia BMW Club QLD Member

Posts: 3,483
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
That extra Cupholder (hanging off the side) is only available for left-hand drive markets. I can 100% guarantee that.
__________________
Harlequin is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 03:01 AM   #30
vito747
Private
 
Drives: 1 coupe M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona

Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

Why do you prefer manual seats VS electric ones??? I thought the electric include lumbar/lateral support adjustment...
vito747 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #31
spiderz17
Not a BMW Insider
 
spiderz17's Avatar
 
Drives: E46M
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 301
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Thanks Holly makes perfect sense, although my 135 doesnt have idrive and does have the cupholder. I have a total of 3 (2 in between the seats and one hanging off the side).
Hmm, that is interesting. I thought you only got the one off to the side if you had the iDrive.

And I learned something today.
spiderz17 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #32
spiderz17
Not a BMW Insider
 
spiderz17's Avatar
 
Drives: E46M
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 301
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito747 View Post
Why do you prefer manual seats VS electric ones??? I thought the electric include lumbar/lateral support adjustment...
Weight. Don't remember the exact numbers, but the electric seats weigh quite a bit more (I think about 25 lbs per seat).

Also, some people like the simplicity. For example, some of the taller folks like to slide their seat back when they get out of the car and don't like having to wait 5 seconds for the electric one.

Plus it's one less (actually, 2 less) electronic gizmo for the gremlins to get into.
spiderz17 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #33
hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 VO 1M(1st Us car) 1of740
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 226
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderz17 View Post
Hmm, that is interesting. I thought you only got the one off to the side if you had the iDrive.

And I learned something today.

I ordered mine separately and am having it installed.
hollysmac is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #34
vito747
Private
 
Drives: 1 coupe M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona

Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderz17 View Post
Weight. Don't remember the exact numbers, but the electric seats weigh quite a bit more (I think about 25 lbs per seat).

Also, some people like the simplicity. For example, some of the taller folks like to slide their seat back when they get out of the car and don't like having to wait 5 seconds for the electric one.

Plus it's one less (actually, 2 less) electronic gizmo for the gremlins to get into.
I still might go gor the electric ones, I think the extra suport adjustment can be inportant.. I dn´t know....
vito747 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #35
jnm
Second Lieutenant
 
jnm's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, but could be faster
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CA

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Personally I think the only advantage electric seats would have over manual ones is the memory function if you have two or more people of different height using the car regularly. Fortunately not a problem for me as my wife is roughly the same height as me I set the seats up and she's happy using them as they are (funny how many people have no idea how to properly set a seat up). I will actually sometimes even adjust the seat a tiny bit according to the thickness of the shoes I am wearing.

Otherwise it's just a lot of weight for not much... I mean how hard is it to just pull a level or turn some small wheel to adjust your seat???
jnm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #36
vito747
Private
 
Drives: 1 coupe M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona

Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

I just think that the width adjustment is important and doesn´t come with the manual seats. Apart from that manual seats are enough for me.. I wish I could try...
vito747 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #37
Papethova
Brigadier General
 
Papethova's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: at Death Valley 127

Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm View Post
Fortunately not a problem for me as my wife is roughly the same height as me I set the seats up and she's happy using them as they are (funny how many people have no idea how to properly set a seat up). I will actually sometimes even adjust the seat a tiny bit according to the thickness of the shoes I am wearing.
Or adjusting their mirrors, you shouldnt be seeing your own car in your mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito747 View Post
I just think that the width adjustment is important and doesn´t come with the manual seats. Apart from that manual seats are enough for me.. I wish I could try...
I have width adjustment on my manuals... its a button that inflates/deflates a bladder.
Papethova is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #38
vito747
Private
 
Drives: 1 coupe M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona

Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

really? mmm I thought only electric ones had it... are all the movements available the same in both types?
vito747 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #39
Papethova
Brigadier General
 
Papethova's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: at Death Valley 127

Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (1)

Cant be sure since I havent had power seats, but my seats move forward/back, recline, move up/down, plus the front lifts up/down (seat tilts back), the front portion behind the knees extends out, and as I mentioned the button inflates/deflates the sides. Thats 6 way adjustable to me.

Pop into your dealer and see a 1 series with the sport seats in manual.

add in the head rest up/down in case the power seats count that as an adjustment
Papethova is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #40
vito747
Private
 
Drives: 1 coupe M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona

Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

Thank you! sound like I am going for the manual seats!
vito747 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #41
Franklin Joseph
Captain
 
Drives: X5 - MCS - M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 758
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Or adjusting their mirrors, you shouldnt be seeing your own car in your mirrors



I have width adjustment on my manuals... its a button that inflates/deflates a bladder.

my 1M manual seats have that button.
Franklin Joseph is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #42
Papethova
Brigadier General
 
Papethova's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: at Death Valley 127

Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (1)

I just got a loaner 328 with manual seats... these have less adjustment than the seats in my 135 (3 way vs 6 way per my earlier post). I would guess the difference is that I have sports seats in the 1.

The 328 (non sport) seats are awful. Not just for adjustment, but just awful in general. NO support at all!!!!

If this was my only exposure to a BMW I would never buy one. If you go into a dealership to check something out make sure you check it out apples to apples.
Papethova is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #43
///M1
Brigadier General
 
///M1's Avatar
 
Drives: Many
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 212/305

Posts: 3,090
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
How about debadging and de-lip spoilering? Can that be specified in advance?
__________________
2011 BMW E82 1///M: AW, ZPP+ZCV, HK, Apps; Akra CF+Valve control, MadDad mids, K&N, Forge FMIC, P3gauge, EuroTails, Tint, CF Mirrors+Spoiler+Roof+RevoZ diffuser, 10mm H&R, IND grills+gills, xCDV, LUX AE
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Interior, Premium+Titanium Package, EPL Tune, Stasis Ohlins MS coilovers, Milltek valved exhaust+DownPipes, Alcon BBK, Tint, ADR V1, Lidatek, Lamin-X, Strasse Forged SM7 3-piece concave wheels, 275/30/19 PSSs, Euro flat-bottom steering wheel, JHM SSK
///M1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST