BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Eddy@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership
Rep

Drives: E30 M3, 2011 335d

Thumbs up APEX AERO-7 Wheel Group Buy 18x8" ET45 18x9" ET50 Ships at Group Buy close - NO wait!

APEX 18" AERO-7 Wheel Group Buy #2
1 Series Specific, Flow-Formed, Light-Weight, Direct Fit

Wheels are in stock and ship at close of Group Buy
No waiting on production delays!

We are the benchmark of hosting Group Buys

SEE BELOW FOR ALL GROUP BUY DETAILS

Specifications:

18x8" (et45) 19lbs~ Front - use with 225/40/18
18x9" (et50) 20lbs~ Rear - use with 255/35/18

Available Finishes:
Hyper Silver
Hyperblack
Anthracite
Gloss Black

Misc.
Comes with carbon-look APEX center caps
Accepts OEM Roundel center caps
Installs using your factory lugs
TPMS compatible

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Group Buy Discount Tiers:

Regular Price = $1206 + Shipping

5-10 Members: Free Shipping* + $50 OFF Set Price = $1166
11-15 Members: Free Shipping* + $100 OFF Set Price = $1106
16-20 Members: Free Shipping* + $150 OFF Set Price = $1056
21+ Members: Free Shipping* + $200 OFF Set Price = $1006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Group Buy Details:

Group Buy tiered discounts are based on the number of members that sign up
The more members that participate the deeper the discount for everyone

We start with a "feeler" no-commitment sign up period so everyone can see how many people are interested
During this first page members simply add their name to the list of interested buyers

When there are enough members signed up to reach the first discount tier, we will begin to take official payment via our GroupBuyParts checkout page
You are NOT officially part of the Group Buy until you've made payment
This payment period will be open for a few weeks with an official close date posted at that time
No additional members may sign up after this close date
Discounts are earned only by participating during this period, and we deny all requests for individual discounts.
Additional accessories like BMW center caps and black or silver lugs can be added to your order while checking out

The day after the Group Buy closes, everyone's order will ship out at the same time
Tracking numbers will be sent via email, and your order will arrive within 1-5 business days via UPS
There are no extra waits for production, or any other unusual delays
These wheels are here now, and ready to ship after the close date

Pricing Details:

It does not matter when you make payment during the sign up period
Your order will be adjusted at the close date to reflect the end price base on the final tier reached

*Free Shipping is only available to the 48 mainland states
Alaska, Hawaii and international buyers will receive a $75 shipping credit off the actual cost of their order
Contact us for a shipping quote if this applies to you, so that we can get you an international invoice or a shipping coupon code for ordering through the site

Payment can be made with credit card or paypal via the site once the Group Buy is officially open
Canadian customers can checkout directly through the site after contacting us for a coupon code
All other international buyers can pay with either paypal or wire transfer

How do I join?:

We are currently in the "feeler" stage
Simply add your user name to the list below along with your wheel finish of choice
This list is not a commitment to buy

Example: 1. Paintpro21 - Anthracite

Unofficial AERO-7 Feeler List

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wheel Details:

Manufacturing process:
All APEX wheels are flow-formed resulting in a light weight, track and street worthy wheel.
Flow-forming significantly reduces weight in the barrel by rolling the barrel out into it's final shape using large wheels/disks that apply high pressure.
This step is the same step that monoblock forged wheels go through to shape their barrels.
By doing this, the flow-formed wheel's barrel has the same density and strength as a traditional forged wheel.
This significantly reduces rotational mass at the furthest point from the center, which is the most important weight savings area on a wheel.

Fitment:
These wheels were designed to be a direct, bolt on, rub-free wheel for both stock and modified 1 series models.
No spacers, or fender rolling is required if standard 225/40/18's are mounted up front, and a 255/35/18's are mounted in the rear.
Cars with suspensions set extremely low, those running r-compounds, or wider then recommended tire sizes can/may have front or rear rubbing issues.
Please ask us for fitment advice if you are concerned about your specific application. For wide tire setups we recommend the APEX ARC-8 wheel.

Strength:
These wheels are fully VIA and JWL certified with a load rating of 1580lbs. VIA certificate numbers are listed in post #58.
Don't be fooled by competitors that claim to be certified, but cannot provide registration numbers.
There are vendors on this forum selling wheels that are not certified, yet they claim they are. Ask for certification numbers!

Hyper Silver

Hyper Black

Anthracite

Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Eddy@ApexRaceParts
Rep

We're taking names of those who are interested
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Steve1155
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Mine

funny thing is if these were the ARC-8's im sure this thread would be a few pages long by now.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Eddy@ApexRaceParts
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1155 View Post
funny thing is if these were the ARC-8's im sure this thread would be a few pages long by now.
We don't have enough units available to do that fit, so we're hosting these now. I won't run a Group Buy that takes 6-12 months to fulfill so stock is important
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep

Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

I have seen these wheels in person and they look great. I think they make better street wheels than the ARC-8 The AERO-7 have the bolt head recessed into the wheel where the ARC-8 has the bolt head exposed. If I had been looking for street wheels and not wheels for the track/autox I would have picked these up instead.
Appreciate 0