BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #3147
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
So weird to see the whiteline inserts are now black. How hard/long was the installation? Can't wait to hear your feedback as perhaps a better/easier alternative than the full on m3 subframe bushing upgrade.
Rears easy, 30 mins for both once you got car on jacks. Fronts a little longer because there's more brackets and what not to take off. Maybe hour for fronts.

Yea which is another reason I decided to do anyway since black is hardly noticeable so doubt any dealer tech would notice.
      05-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #3148
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So weird to see the whiteline inserts are now black. How hard/long was the installation? Can't wait to hear your feedback as perhaps a better/easier alternative than the full on m3 subframe bushing upgrade.
Btw FWIW I didn't notice any NVH during the little driving I did afterwards. For the sake of testing I purposely did NOT avoid uneven patches in the road and the rear end feels tighter. You still feel the bumps but the rear end doesn't feel as uncontrollable/separated -- the same feeling you'd get with firmer shocks. The real test will be on Monday when I commute to work and there's always this dip in the highway that's unavoidable. Whenever you go 60mph+ on it, you feel that pogo stick sensation in the back. I'll check back Monday evening.
      05-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #3149
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Sadly, the first thing I said to someone was I may just be losing the hearing in my left ear. There's 10% of me is just worried something is wrong with it that is making it quieter. Oh well.

Signed,

Deaf Greg
At least your typing finger seems to still be working well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Whiteline subframe inserts done. Yea I said I wanted to wait till I burned through runflats but figured wth. Will report back review after weekend:
I just responded to your other post on this topic... looking forward to your review.

If Greg buys two sets of LCI Blacklines and subframe inserts and gives me one set of each, I just may be persuaded to install his for him.

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #3150
AGAV13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135is (#363/586)

My exhaust seems to get louder the more I drive it. It must have been the weather today (52, cool, and wet) but my exhaust sounded like no other. Snapping, popping and growling like I've never heard. Froze my ass off on my 50 mile drive but It was an absolute blast.
SOLD
2013 BMW 135is #363/586 - AW, Black Boston Leather w/ Exclusive Blue Stitching, Prem., Tech, DCT, Heated Seats, HK
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #3151
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMsport View Post

If Greg buys two sets of LCI Blacklines and subframe inserts and gives me one set of each, I just may be persuaded to install his for him.
I actually have a trained chicken I dictate to who types for me.

Sure, I'll buy two sets of blacklines and subframe inserts for you if you'll chip in and get me that hearing aid and/or want to pick up that darn $444 registration I had to shell out on Wednesday for year 2 of my beloved.

Also, everyone shall be warned that I got a gopro today and may try mounting it on my tow hook perhaps to get some interesting HD videos of what my poor car (and me) has to endure on my drives to/from work and around town. And to see how decrepit and awful the streets are. Trying to come up with interesting uses for it and am too afraid to suction cup it to my paint or windshield (due to tint).
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #3152
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
The best way to hear the exhaust is to keep it in sport mode and manual. By keeping it in whichever gear, every time the revs come down as you let off throttle you can hear the rumble!
      05-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #3153
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
The best way to hear the exhaust is to keep it in sport mode and manual. By keeping it in whichever gear, every time the revs come down as you let off throttle you can hear the rumble!
And as I found out the other day, even while in one of the auto modes (D or DS), you can still manually downshift with the paddle shifter which essentially turns that into a pop/burble button. =) And then it's kind enough to put it back into auto mode about 5-10 seconds later. How polite and smart of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #3154
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningscifi View Post
well thanks, this has made me really really (really really really...) want the cf diffuser from bmw now. i'm not sure about the "modular bargain".com ones, though they are much cheaper and seem to look nice from the site pictures.
I would never give them my business. Worst return policy despite selling defective products. Basically no refunds and some times they force you to take it up with the manufacturer directly, wtf? Them and UUC are the worst.
      05-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #3155
AGAV13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135is (#363/586)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMsport View Post

I actually have a trained chicken I dictate to who types for me.

Sure, I'll buy two sets of blacklines and subframe inserts for you if you'll chip in and get me that hearing aid and/or want to pick up that darn $444 registration I had to shell out on Wednesday for year 2 of my beloved.

Also, everyone shall be warned that I got a gopro today and may try mounting it on my tow hook perhaps to get some interesting HD videos of what my poor car (and me) has to endure on my drives to/from work and around town. And to see how decrepit and awful the streets are. Trying to come up with interesting uses for it and am too afraid to suction cup it to my paint or windshield (due to tint).
I suction cup mine to the hood and right in front in the sunroof. I like to PoV it records showing the front of the hood and plenty of the road in front of you. The suction cup holds it on plenty tight without damaging the paint or the body.
SOLD
2013 BMW 135is #363/586 - AW, Black Boston Leather w/ Exclusive Blue Stitching, Prem., Tech, DCT, Heated Seats, HK
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #3156
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningscifi
Quote:
I've tried/used a few products so have some good opinions probably. What's funny is I have the bmw interior cleaner too as I threw it in on an online order cause I needed to spend $4 more to get free shipping. Never used it though.

I would suggest going with einszett cockpit premium probably as it cleans/protects really well and leaves it COMPLETELY matte so adds no finish whatsoever. It works great on the nav screen and stainless steel pedals, too. It does have a kinda pine sol smell that bothered me as i'm hyper-sensitive to smell, but a lot of people really like the smell. So, I now use auto finesse spritz which is very similar, but smells nicer to me with a nice hint of vanilla. I don't think it works quite as well though and I think dust accumulates a little faster compared to the cockpit premium. A lot of people use 303 also, but I have never tried it.

I've always looked at the "modular bargains" website as well for those diffusers and they're tempting. Why their pictures to display the product include a 128 with the quad diffuser on there when it only has exhaust on one side always makes me laugh, too. I don't know that I've seen people's reviews of it on the forum either. Mostly just see the icarbon ones they stopped making and then ebay ones from china which I'll pass on.

this makes the einszett a no-go for me too. i really don't want any strong smelling anything in the car as it still smells new so not sure about the vanilla either!
I bought the Einzett cockpit and HATE the smell. It smells like someone drank a liter of pine sol and then vomited all over themselves. it sucks ass!!!!! screw everyone who recommended this garbage! LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #3157
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
I bought the Einzett cockpit and HATE the smell. It smells like someone drank a liter of pine sol and then vomited all over themselves. it sucks ass!!!!! screw everyone who recommended this garbage! LOL
Ha! Is it wrong that this makes me feel better that I'm not the only one? It really did bother me, but I gotta say, it does do a great job. Try some nice, uber expensive Auto Finesse Spritz and see if you like that smell better. I'd love something with NO smell, but the Spritz at least has a really nice, pleasant, soothing smell that I kinda like.

I now just use the cockpit premium to clean my pedals and to wipe down my engine bay.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #3158
zzimbile
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sold: 2012 135i DCT Vert

Quick off topic question...looking at a 135is, does it come with ppk2 or ppk1? Sorry for the diversion
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #3159
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzimbile
Quick off topic question...looking at a 135is, does it come with ppk2 or ppk1? Sorry for the diversion
PPK2!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #3160
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Quote:
Ha! Is it wrong that this makes me feel better that I'm not the only one? It really did bother me, but I gotta say, it does do a great job. Try some nice, uber expensive Auto Finesse Spritz and see if you like that smell better. I'd love something with NO smell, but the Spritz at least has a really nice, pleasant, soothing smell that I kinda like.

I now just use the cockpit premium to clean my pedals and to wipe down my engine bay.
you're stronger than me. I refuse to use it again....I may sue the company for exposing me to the smell of a fat drunk man's bucket of puke though.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #3161
zzimbile
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sold: 2012 135i DCT Vert

Quote:
PPK2!
Thanks! Thats what i thought, hopefully ill have some pics to post of a new ride soon...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #3162
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
you're stronger than me. I refuse to use it again....I may sue the company for exposing me to the smell of a fat drunk man's bucket of puke though.
I assumed it was that sassy woman from the pine sol commercials that drank the whole bucket, then pissed into a funnel to bottle it up. Explains the odd green color as well. Just send your bottle to morninscifi for his testing on his girlfriend's subaru.

What do you use instead? Eye of gnewt + blood and tears of 2addicts members?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #3163
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Quote:
I assumed it was that sassy woman from the pine sol commercials that drank the whole bucket, then pissed into a funnel to bottle it up. Explains the odd green color as well. Just send your bottle to morninscifi for his testing on his girlfriend's subaru.

I have some Audi cockpit cleaner left....which smells more like gasoline-----which is actually a pretty great smell for an interior: just ask any owner of an Alfa Romeo.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #3164
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
I have some Audi cockpit cleaner left....which smells more like gasoline-----which is actually a pretty great smell for an interior: just ask any owner of an Alfa Romeo.
I always did enjoy the smell of gasoline as a child...and staring at the sun.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #3165
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Quote:
I always did enjoy the smell of gasoline as a child...and staring at the sun.
me too....except I hate the sun.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #3166
morningscifi
Null
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:

Quote:
me too....except I hate the sun.
you two are hilarious. don't send that crap to me now!!! will definitely be picking up some auto finesse stuff though. thanks for all the input!
2013 135is | Le Mans Blue | #542 / 586
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #3167
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningscifi View Post
you two are hilarious. don't send that crap to me now!!! will definitely be picking up some auto finesse stuff though. thanks for all the input!
I still think you should try it to see what you think of it. Works well to threaten wives/children too if they try to touch the remote or nag me that they want me to change the channel. I life up that cockpit premium spray bottle and they shut up REAL FAST! Works on bears, too.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #3168
Worra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is/6, 1995 540i/6

Garage List
1995 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Washed the car again...photos imminent
Appreciate 0