BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

10-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #23
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
its not to bad.. i had a fully loaded VW and was paying 490 plus my bills.. im paying half up front for my 135i in December so hopfully i can be at $350-400 a month.. where did u go to school?

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #24
juiced135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_TT View Post
its not to bad.. i had a fully loaded VW and was paying 490 plus my bills.. im paying half up front for my 135i in December so hopfully i can be at $350-400 a month.. where did u go to school?
Not bad,

I went to Devry and am currently working as a network administrator for an MRI company.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #25
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thats kool dude, I'm goin to a basic community college till i get my GPA at where I want it then im gona transfer to St. Marys or UT Austin for Law School..

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #26
Cooldaddygroove
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

The ISF looks like a 10 year old rat dog body with a ricer piece of shit body kit on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #27
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I'd choose the IS-F over a 335i just because it is in a different class and I could sell it for more but if you tell me that they both cost the same and had the same power I would go for the Bimmer.. the IS-F looks like an IS on steroids and paying that much for a Japansese car doesn't make sense to me unless its the GTR or the new NSX if it ever comes out.. and no I did own a japanese car prior to my 1er and I don't like 4 doors so I might be biased there but however I do think the IS-F should have owned the 335i.....
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #28
RobLS
Major
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

I'd take a 135/335/535 over that too, i just appreciate BMWs differently than I do lexus is all. Whatever you prefer is what it comes down to : /
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #29
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
the IS-F looks like an IS on steroids...
Haha thats funny
I actually think it looks sexy but somethn about that car just doesnt seem right...

www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #30
Jai2008
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

[quote=135i_TT;266247]Woooow.. dont make me laugh anymore kid, you and those other honda/acura owners who think they can walk all over people is the funniest shit in this world... Id hate to see some dumb slow Civic racing a 135i the BMW will kill it in half a second!
As for your teg how much did you put under the hood? 10k+? I hope you know you wont even get 2k for it lol.

I got both cars...... turbo ricer and a 135i. I spent a lot on my Teg back than. Do I plan on getting 1 cent back, nope? Do I need to sell it to afford a 50k Bimmer, nope. Therefore, I don't really get the funny part on what I "might" get from the mods. It was a hobby... I was young, wanted to smoke people in 60k+ cars with my Teg. I think your comment makes me think you are more of a kid. I moved on, how about you? BMW vs " enter a more expensive car here", give me a break.....
Whats funny is, I bet people from the Lexus or Lamborghini forum are saying the same thing about the 135/335i. I'm sure you've seen the vid of a 335 smoking a Lamb.....
Turbo ricers don't walk all over people, just 135/335s that thinks they are one of the fastest cars out on the street.
If you want to race your 135i against those "slow" Civics for your pink, I am sure theres going to be a long queue.
I'll take a wild guess to say either this is your 1st BMW or a 13 secs car or maybe both.

P.S
Since you posted a drag strip video. I'll suggest you to go to dragtimes.com . Search for the fastest time for 135/335 and now please do the same thing for those "slow" civics you spoke of.
      10-18-2008, 08:59 PM   #31
Jai2008
Private
Rep

That is my Teg hiding behind those bush. I can get a better picture for you tomorrow if you want. Just don't mistaken your intercooler as an oil cooler when you see mine.
Attached Images

10-18-2008, 09:05 PM   #32
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Lexus? what? If you havent noticed noob there's a lot of Lexus owners here and many drive both the IS-F and 135i/335 and they all have their likes and dislikes about eachother but all in all they love both cars.. as for Lamborhini no i havent seen the video of a 335 smoking a Lambo so I dont know what your talking about..
See thats the point, you Honda owners don't ever get it... Your the one who posted a comment clearly stating that your Teg walks away from the 135i... it's always yall Honda/Acura owners who are the first to say "My cars faster then yours".. Don't get your crap mixed up dude.. The Lexus IS-F is only 10k more then a 135i.. yes it is funny when you spend A LOT of money on a cheap car to beat a 60k car it truly doesnt make any sense whatsoever.. Funny how you say "just 135/335s that thinks they are one of the fastest cars out on the street" I cant even count the times ive heard people say that exact line you wrote but they say that exact line about you "Honda/Acura Ricers"
And you know what else, I'm sure there would be a long line of people wanting to go up against me in a slow Civic, but Ive raced toooooo many civics thinkn they were quicker then my SS Silverado and Caddillac and VW and Id just throw them the peace sign as left them behind so why would I even bother? please..
Go somewhere else and compare your Teg because im tired of all the Honda/Acura people taking up all the space thinking theyre better then everyone..

www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #33
Jai2008
Private
Rep

I am sorry, did you just came of your break from WOW or whatever MMORPG to call me a noob Mr 300+ post lol. Oh look, guess who posted the vid on a 335 smoking a IS-F. Didn't think I came here to trash the 1-series. News flash, I got one aswell. Just pointed the fact that when comparing straight line performance, its no comparison between the 2. Did I say the Teg was a better car? I was also comparing "my" modded Teg, not whatever Civics you ran against. I also told you to check the time on dragtime.com since you seems to care so much about it. Now get off your high horse and go back to hug your first Bimmer. Last time I checked, a 40-50k car is nothing to brag about. Anyhow, don't really care what you drive, you got no rights to call anything or anyone as "cheap".

Opps, didn't know you are still making payments on your 1, now I feel kind of bad. Yah, you got total rights to dis those less expensive cars.
      10-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #34
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Like i said before, its not that i dont like honda/acura if you read before i said the Acura RSX-S is quick and nice, the ONLY thing that realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly irritates me Obviously is that every single forum ive been to VW, Chevy or others its Always the Honda/Acura people who are always the ones saying "my cars better/faster then yours" Honda and Acura are good cars just after all that I've never wanted one and everyone drives them.. and no I dont diss less expensive cars ive had cheap cars to, just Honda/Acura specifically bc of them always trying to be better then everyone thats all..
the little red and white object is your Teg in the pic? it wasnt showing up earlier but im not sure if thats the car behind the bush you were saying..

www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 09:58 PM   #35
Jai2008
Private
Rep

Yes, that is my Teg 450-500whp and its stripped. Anyways I did not start a "My import is faster than what" thread.

Just to me, when you or whoever post vids of a modded 135/335 smoking a more expensive car. That is the same as what those guys are doing on the imports forums . A 10k+ difference in price is not in the same price group imo. I have no problems on comparisons between stock cars in the same price range. Maybe I took this tread wrongly and it wasn't your intention to show how a slightly modded lesser car can beat a more expensive car.

Peace....
      10-18-2008, 10:12 PM   #36
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well post the pic of the Teg tomorrow if u have a better pic.Whos AW BMW is by ur 1 or do you got 2? Well idk im tired of arguing about dumb stuff (not saying either of us are dumb)
I think you took some things i said wrong and i may have took some things you said wrong so we agree on that lol.

www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 11:56 PM   #37
juiced135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Looks like im gonna have to let my ricer rip... Enjoy... =D

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=27363962
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #38
coco_m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged E90 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
A race is a race, the 335i won.
Its not a good idea to come in a BMW forum saying that Toyotas are better.....

Just a thought.
      10-19-2008, 12:12 AM   #39
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5TC View Post

Your Acura looks and sounds good dude!

www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 12:30 AM   #40
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5TC View Post

Very nice. I didn't know they made "roots" style blowers for import applications. I just assumed they were all centrifugal type.
      10-19-2008, 01:01 AM   #41
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
This is kindof ridiculous. You guys are arguing over how good a vehicle is based on one race. For all we know, the IS-F driver could've been texting on his Blackberry when the green light came on. He could've been taking the race at 50%. Who knows what went down. It's not like they raced 10 times and the IS-F lost most. It's one race that's completely out of context and impossible to judge.

People look for different qualities in an automobile. For me, the most important quality an automobile must have is reliability. A car that you can't count on is worthless. If you have to count your blessings every time you get to your destination then you need a different car, no matter how fun it is to drive. I don't think there's any denying that Toyota, and Lexus in particular, make among the most reliable cars on the road. That means something.

The BMW may be more fun to drive, but when all's said and done, you're buying transportation, not a toy. Getting from point A to point B is what matters, and the Lexus, much moreso than the BMW, makes sure that you do that.
That's an opinion but i respect that.. to me reliability was my main focus but after going through a lot of cars I came to see when im driving a car I want more then reliability but i havent neccesarily heard any complaints on reliability of a BMW if your trying to diss BMW idk but both BMW and Lexus are well competitors and both great cars..

www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 02:12 AM   #42
soupy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Quote:
For me, the most important quality an automobile must have is reliability. A car that you can't count on is worthless. If you have to count your blessings every time you get to your destination then you need a different car, no matter how fun it is to drive. I don't think there's any denying that Toyota, and Lexus in particular, make among the most reliable cars on the road. That means something.

The BMW may be more fun to drive, but when all's said and done, you're buying transportation, not a toy. Getting from point A to point B is what matters, and the Lexus, much moreso than the BMW, makes sure that you do that.
Then you should just not look at any BMWs if this is the case. To say that we're just buying transportation is an insult to any car enthusiast. A fair portion of car forum members own cars not only as transportation, but as something that can put a smile on their face in any situation ranging from commuting, trackdays, or plain spirited driving with no real destination.

Why do many people treat "Toyota" as an insult? Because that's a stereotypical response to give to people who don't give a damn about cars and just want to get to their destination as quickly and painlessly as possible; mere appliances. Look at their model lineups for the past decade, I see nothing that's really exciting or inspiring at all. If you want reliability, go buy a Honda/Mazda/Acura/Infiniti; at least they still offer cars that's fun and reliable at the same time. I bet you in a real world situation, they will be just as reliable or better than a Toyota/Lexus while avoiding that numbing experience when you drive. For the record, I'm trying to hunt down a toyota mk2 MR2 so I am not completely anti-Toyota.

As for the arguments over how one car is better than the other in one race, I see nothing ridiculous about this at all. Aren't threads like these inevitable on any car forum?

Alpine White, Coral Red Leather, Sport Package, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #43
soupy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Man, I had a long post to reply with, but I pushed the back button on my mouse by accident and lost it, lol. So I'll make quick:

I didn't need to buy the BMW, I already have other cars and a metro system to use as "transportation". To me it's a really expensive toy that happens to serve the purpose of transportation with a compromise of performance and comfort. Regardless, this is all dependent on the driver so I'll end this point here.

As for Toyota, thanks for enlightening me with the Toyota story that I knew already (who doesn't here?). You missed the part where they pioneered Just In Time logistics. Their reliability has also been slipping recently with their newfound success, but at least they admit there's a problem and is willing to address it (GM did that too late). Since Toyota did play the market, it has evolved their model lineup into boring products so the stereotype exists.

This leads to the whole "Toyota as an insult" bit; I'll admit this is indeed stupid, but if you throw it into the context of a A-car vs. B-car in X-race thread and lower the maturity and seriousness by a couple levels since we're on the Internet, I see nothing wrong with it. I do however find it amusing how the biggest and most powerful automaker in the world with the most funds still struggles at Formula 1.

Going back on topic however, the IS-F driver clearly had no idea what he was doing or was goofing off. That doesn't mean I will stop calling it IS-Fail.

Alpine White, Coral Red Leather, Sport Package, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #44
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
^ Missing the point.

If you were buying a car ONLY to have fun as an enthusiast with it then you wouldn't even bother with a BMW.

The majority of people sit in bumper to bumper traffic 2 hours a day of every work week. Not much enthusing you can do there. Toyota keyed in on this fact. That's why Toyota ditched all their sports car offerings throughout the 90's and focused purely on what was in demand by the vast majority of drivers.

That's why Toyota is now the biggest and most powerful automaker in the world. They can buy BMW outright with the cash they make in one quarter of operations.

I'm not bashing on BMW.
I'm sorry correct me if im wrong but when you say:

"If you were buying a car ONLY to have fun as an enthusiast with it then you wouldn't even bother with a BMW."

I think your clearly insulting BMW... so IDK how you can really say your not bashing on BMW....am I the only one who thinks that?:iono:

And just in case you forgot, if it weren't for the US allowing Toyota or any other import auto maker to come to the US they wouldn't be doing as good as they are now.

www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread