BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #45
e36chris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
Arvid,

I'm in London, UK and I've got a 135i in black being delivered on 1st September.

May I ask you a couple of questions: Is that black-coloured grille standard because I think mine is coming with a chrome grille and yours is much better?

Secondly, I have been thinking of getting the short-shifter but I like the leather M-Sport gearknob which comes as standard rather than the aluminium one. Would it be possible to fit the short-shifter but swap over the gearknob - ie does it just screw off?

Thanks

Jack
looks like he got some bmw performance parts put on it for delivery, i believe all come with the chrome kidney, you need to order shadowline grilles for the black look.

as for the short shifter, i know there is a kit, and im pretty sure u can keep the Msport shifter, not 100% sure but im sure u can
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #46
crash
Private
Rep
Drives:

As for the SSK, you can put the kit in and keep the stock boot and knob.

You can separate the two, but a real PITA. This is discussed in a few places on the DIY section.

As for the exhaust tips, the CF diffuser sticks out further than the stock diffuser. If you put this diffuser on the tips won't look so awkward. I have the stock diffuser and same exhaust as you, mine stick out as well. Looking into a diffuser I like before I change it.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #47
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Thanks guys. I think i'll order the kit and figure out how to split it - the Alcantara won't go too well with my black leather seats!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 01:32 AM   #48
arvid
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 20D M-sport

Hi there Jack!
Like e36chris said you have to order the shadowline grills separately, they are pretty easy to install. The SSK is a bit tricky to install.

Good luck with your new car
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #49
1derful
Rep
Drives:

Arvid, very very nice ride..

your earlier pic of the undercarriage showing the exhaust, is that after or before you installed the performance exhaust. I see the resonator still there. I was thinking the performance installation requires the resonator to be taken out..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #50
arvid
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 20D M-sport

Thank you!
The picture is taken before installing the new exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1derful View Post
Arvid, very very nice ride..

your earlier pic of the undercarriage showing the exhaust, is that after or before you installed the performance exhaust. I see the resonator still there. I was thinking the performance installation requires the resonator to be taken out..
Appreciate 0