BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #23
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
The way it's looking the 1M will be a collectors car. Why anyone would want to waste it as a daily driver or worse, as a baby transport vehicle is beyond me.

The 1M should be a 2nd car, garaged most of the time and only taken out for fun runs and track use.
It's not a ferrari or something of that sort. The beauty of an M car is that it was meant to be enjoyed as something that can be driven every day, turn around and take it to the track or a canyon run for the weekend. My 1M is my daily driver, granted I only drive about 15 miles a day (often less). I bought this car to enjoy it, not to look at it in the garage when its all cleaned up.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #24
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrain View Post
It's not a ferrari or something of that sort. The beauty of an M car is that it was meant to be enjoyed as something that can be driven every day, turn around and take it to the track or a canyon run for the weekend. My 1M is my daily driver, granted I only drive about 15 miles a day (often less). I bought this car to enjoy it, not to look at it in the garage when its all cleaned up.
I completely agree. At first I was torn with keeping everything babied as much as possible, and while I still take care of it, I have found much more enjoyment in taking the car out and doing what ///M was meant to do!

On the collector front I am split about it because while I partly agree, I think of how highly regarded e30's are, and yet for every "collector" clean e30 I see I think I see another 30 stripped with full cages, mods, and track setups that are being loved the way only an ///M car can!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #25
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M SUSI View Post
... I'm taking my 6week old, my husband and all our stuff to a porsche coffee run this Saturday. Just to ruin the party with a 1m. ... Baby hasn't changed a thing. ...
Congrats to Susi!

+1 (and + a couple of months). The cars will be a classic, thus wrestling with belts for a couple of years should not prevent anyone from enjoying the 1M for the rest of their life. This car was meant to be enjoyed and I don't understand how it may loose that characteristic if you DD it.

For those that bought it as a retirement scheme (bad choice, but could be worst) by all means garage the hell out of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #26
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Congrats to Susi!

+1 (and + a couple of months). The cars will be a classic, thus wrestling with belts for a couple of years should not prevent anyone from enjoying the 1M for the rest of their life. This car was meant to be enjoyed and I don't understand how it may loose that characteristic if you DD it.

For those that bought it as a retirement scheme (bad choice, but could be worst) by all means garage the hell out of it.
dont get me wrong i would love nothing more than to have a 1M show car to keep in fresh out of the factory pristine condition, and another to track rat with, but hey, when my lifestyle/salary permits, maybe ill consider it! hehe

for now... I will drive the hell out of my 7k mile beast
Appreciate 0