BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-12-2010, 02:44 AM   #1
AussieRacer
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Updated software for service campaign - does DSC get upgraded too?

Quick question for those that may know.

My car was recently given a software update as part of a service campaign to address the early symptoms of HPFP failure. I haven't received a written copy of what was done yet as when I collected the car the dealer was under the pump, so no idea what version I was version I was updated to.

Anyway apart from now hearing the fuel pump in the tank run every time you unlock the car or touch the door and the car being quieter on cold startup and in general running (think the wastegates are closed more often as the low-end response is better too), I've notice a definite difference in how the car behaves when in DTC mode.

It seems the rear is allowed to step out a little more, but in a more controlled fashion. Sort like the e-Diff is contributing sooner, and the power is being cut more smoothly rather than being snapped shut. This has surprised me as I didn't expect a software update to improve the car's response in DTC.

So to my question. When doing a software update, does the DSC/DTC module get updated with new software too? Also I guess more broadly, do all software based systems get updated?
      12-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
imported_Smitty
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Yesterday I had my car in for service and got the same update. DSC/DTC is definitely less intrusive. Its very very noticable difference. I just got my JB3 installed (right after it came back from BMW) and between the extra power and the DSC dialed back the car steps out very easily. Is there someplace you can get a list of what each version of the software alters/changes.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
GaryS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
And when will somebody start selling a high performance DSC tune? According to BMW marketing stuff, the M3 has a more aggressive DSC than the 335i, and the M3 GTS has an even more aggressive DSC.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
SmittyM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Titanium Silver M3 Convertible

Well, with this new update and an JB3 my car goes almost completely sideways...would rather have it kick in more to be honest...otherwise I'd rather just turn it off.
Appreciate 0