BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
AirMech135i
Rep
Drives: DSB 135i M-Sport

Ordered my 135i

Put in an order over the weeked for my Deep Sea Blue 135i M-Sport. I currently drive a 128i and I can not wait for the step up. The next 8 weeks are going to be torture.

Ordered it through Les Cutler at Pines BMW and could not be happier with his service. Had a little issue with the 7 speed trannsmission auto selecting itself anytime M-Sport was selected but once we got that figured out I got the 6 speed MT that I wanted.

Next hurdle is figuring out what else I want to put on the car
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
bdoooh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 SSII M5 CP

I placed an order today for one! Jet Black 135i M-Sport. I had the same issue with the aut-selecting of the 7 speed transmission but, eventually they were able to manually select the 6MT & took another $500 off the price! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Long Beach Blue M2

I just took delivery last week on the Deep Sea Blue 135i with M-Sport package I ordered a couple months ago.

While I loved some things about the RX-8 I traded in, I'm really enjoying this car. A definite step up in acceleration, power and comfort. At first I was worried about the run-flats given the negative opinions I've read about them. However there is less road noise in the 135i than in my RX-8, and the ride, if anything, is less stiff.

Now my biggest issue is with my sunglasses and the polarized display on the radio. I'll have to look into the fix someone mentioned on here for that issue since I hate to swap out my current shades.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #4
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralfaz View Post
I just took delivery last week on the Deep Sea Blue 135i with M-Sport package I ordered a couple months ago.

While I loved some things about the RX-8 I traded in, I'm really enjoying this car. A definite step up in acceleration, power and comfort. At first I was worried about the run-flats given the negative opinions I've read about them. However there is less road noise in the 135i than in my RX-8, and the ride, if anything, is less stiff.

Now my biggest issue is with my sunglasses and the polarized display on the radio. I'll have to look into the fix someone mentioned on here for that issue since I hate to swap out my current shades.
congrats guys! i know i couldn't wait either

and just a heads up! --- there is a DIY on the polarized sunglasses for the screen on the diy section. super easy to do
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Long Beach Blue M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93 View Post
congrats guys! i know i couldn't wait either

and just a heads up! --- there is a DIY on the polarized sunglasses for the screen on the diy section. super easy to do
Thanks.

I did see the other thread with the fix using a transparency sheet to fix the issue, so I just have to find that and give it a whirl. All in all, a minor detail. I don't really look down at that display while driving, and while stopped it's easy to lift the shades.

Since this is an ordering thread I have to also say this process was interesting. Every other car I've had I have essentially bought off the lot. This is the first time ordering a car with exactly the options I wanted. The tracking page on the BMW site was a mixed blessing. It was cool to see where it was at, but the anticipation at each step is a killer. I also had to call the salesman since it appears not all options you selected will appear when they first post the car up. I guess they throw on the "convenience" options toward the end when they actually start putting those on.

I was pretty happy, though, when they called to say the car was actually at my dealership. If I get something else in the future I might seriously consider the German pickup option I've read about since it would be cool to drive around Europe a bit before handing it over to get it shipped back here.
Appreciate 0