BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
M///1rider
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Procede v5 for the 1m

Hey i was wondering if any forum members up here were running the procede on their 1ms

I currently have an ess flash and sold a jb4 plug and play.

The jb4 had a couple of bog issues that needed to be fixed through there program and i also needed extra cash at the time for coilovers so i sold it.

I am currently fbo and have an aquamist meth kit waiting.

Figured i would find out info on the procede since they integrate to aquamist meth kits.

If anyone can give me info on what you need to do with the procedw for compatibility for the 1m it would be great.

I figured i would just run the autotune map so any help would be great thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
M///1rider
Banned
United_States
Rep

Guess not?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
RAM1320
Rep
Drives: AW 1M & Z4 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M///1rider View Post
Hey i was wondering if any forum members up here were running the procede on their 1ms

I currently have an ess flash and sold a jb4 plug and play.

The jb4 had a couple of bog issues that needed to be fixed through there program and i also needed extra cash at the time for coilovers so i sold it.

I am currently fbo and have an aquamist meth kit waiting.

Figured i would find out info on the procede since they integrate to aquamist meth kits.

If anyone can give me info on what you need to do with the procedw for compatibility for the 1m it would be great.

I figured i would just run the autotune map so any help would be great thanks.
I have it. I have had no issues it has been on the car for 7000 miles.
running downpipes, mid pipes, and intercooler runs the 1/4 mile in 12.4@114.3
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Just out of curriosity what exactly does an aquamist meth kit do?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
M///1rider
Banned
United_States
Rep

Well after research im not sure if the procede uses aquamist i think im getting my pwm kit confused with their pwm kit but the aquamist hfs-3 kit runs off of the cars direct injection wire.

Its got a failsafe which makes it a great kit as well and its got its own controller

Im not an expert on it but if you do research im pretty sure cobb is starting to use aquamist kits with there flash and it works amazing with a flash because its controlled by its own controller instead of running of the piggy back. This also is not a boost driven kit which means it doesnt spray just because your boosting. It sprays off of rpms im pretty sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheil View Post
Just out of curriosity what exactly does an aquamist meth kit do?
I'm sure others can give you a more specific explanation of what goes on, but I will do my best (I am no expert, read a few threads a while back). Essentially a "meth" kit injects a mixture of water and alcohol into the fuel to "raise" the octane rating. It allows users to run more aggressive maps for their tune. Those who don't have meth would have to go find race gas and that is usually very hard to find. So users can set up their tune as if they are running race gas when they are using alcohol/water + pump 93 octane.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
Fundahl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, 300zx TT

For JB4 guys, I've been testing some new firmware with Terry that is helping a lot with the boost targeting. Shifts are better but still need a little bit of work. Just getting some slight over-shoot that causes the throttle blade to close for a split second.

I'm holding like 8-11 psi through the shifts though!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #8
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Procede has the most advanced and smoothest meth setup on the market.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep
Drives: the silver bullet

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
although I don't have a 1M I just recently installed one. very impressed with the power delivery. very smooth and strong all the way to the red line. love some of their built in features like two stage shift alerts or launch control and many more stuff. first time used on the track was just a blast. barreling down the main straight full throttle was just bonkers. I was really worried the power would be spikey or the throttle would be too sensitive but I must say the car feels smoother than stock. I am big fan as you can tell
      03-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrain View Post
I'm sure others can give you a more specific explanation of what goes on, but I will do my best (I am no expert, read a few threads a while back). Essentially a "meth" kit injects a mixture of water and alcohol into the fuel to "raise" the octane rating. It allows users to run more aggressive maps for their tune. Those who don't have meth would have to go find race gas and that is usually very hard to find. So users can set up their tune as if they are running race gas when they are using alcohol/water + pump 93 octane.
Aaah I see! This is the same setup used on the Ronin Exige, just didn't know that's what it was called! I live in Switzerland and Shell sells 100 RON Octane at the pump which equates to roughly 95-96 AKI Octane in the US.
Appreciate 0