BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-12-2008, 08:17 PM   #23
Addicted to One
Private
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 135i

Glad you found the thread, JB....
Now where are the rest of the ATL guys?
neteagle, mega, jeff, Jumpman, emm3tt?
How can you say no to some steak and cruising?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #24
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

perhaps next time! ...saturday my 1 will be en route to the dealership from the Prep Center.

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #25
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
perhaps next time! ...saturday my 1 will be en route to the dealership from the Prep Center.
Congratulations!
We'll see you next time then.
      11-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #26
Addicted to One
Private
Rep

Any additional final details? Still planning on meeting at United at 11?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #27
Call
Call
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

Meeting time/place is same...depending on the weather as to what we will be able to do after having lunch. I'm thinking at least a good photo op with ATL background or icon locales like Varsity or whatever...open to what others might light to do.

See everyone tomorrow...at least we won't have to wash our cars:iono:

Call
      11-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #28
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

picking up my car in the morning (four days early!), but i still can't make it out, fellas. next time for sure! And Dan, I'll see you Tuesday or Wednesday for the alarm!

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2008, 07:55 AM   #29
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep

Hey, even a little run in the rain wouldn't bother me a bit.
We just work with it and go!!!! :biggrin:
      11-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #30
Call
Call
United_States
Rep

So, it seems I wore some of folks out a little yesterday:biggrin: The only rain we ran into was in the higher elevations. One or two cars slowed us down for a while more than the rain and someone who remains unnamed let a little old wet leaf provide a little challenge :eyebulge:

For those who couldn't make it:bs:you are going to have to get off that sofa and come out to play next time. Dan, Addicted to One, One&Only and myself did have a great time for lunch and afterwards up in the North Georgia mountains including a few pig trails I surpirsed them with. I think Wolf Pen Gap & Richard B Russell (Hwy 180) provided the nicest challenges along with Hwy 115 North to Dahlonega from Cleveland. Those Hwy 75 sweepers just north of Vogel State Park allowed us to stretch the ONE's legs a little...well, maybe a lot...but it was fun.

I'd like to thank Addicted to One for driving up from Columbus (a very boring drive I'm sure) and the sacrifice he had to make by dropping the wife off at the Mall while he played with his ONE and One&Only for coming from Rome (I know she had a good two hour cruise) Dan please pass on to United BMW of Gwinnett a big thanks for letting you come along with the Z4...maybe some day you will be able to drive your very own ONE...come on, you know you really have to have ONE to be the coolest ONE around...well, maybe the third or fourth or fifth coolest ONE around the ATL

No one was really in the mood to take pictures...we were just too busy driving but to keep some of you from feeling left out without a photo of some kind here is one of One&Only and my NoBlinG from a few weeks back on our trip to The Dragon. Maybe it can hold you until next time which I hope is soon!
Call
      11-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #31
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep

On the way home I had to do what Addicted to One's wife did....stopped at Town Ctr. for a bit 'O shopping.

Here's why I love our drives... cause, 1st I get to meet the most awesome people....you guys are really fun good drivers. Then I get to be influenced by drivers who are better than me....pack mentality I guess, but somehow I push a little more and end up surprising myself.
Me and my 1 are tighter than ever now. I'm anticipating the apex in a curve and how the 1 will act in many situations, much better than ever. I'm becoming better able to utilize all those mega ponies.....mmmmmm WOW do I love that feeling of powah!!!

I was impressed with the way my 1 hugged those wet & greasy roads....even on RFs.

Hey Danial & Jason...what was it with that road hawg woman who wouldn't let your sweet l'il Z4 Mcoupe pass her....think she had a basic gut jealousy thing goin!!! The woman would place herself smack over the center line just to keep you guys back...Guess she had to grab powah wherever she could...ain't that pitiful!
I've had 'em hit the brakes to make me keep back....for some reason they're so full of pride & revenge they can't let themselves just pull over. go figure!

Got home around 8 or so....already missing those twisty roads as my head hit the pillow....
At some point I highly suggest driver's school as a group function.
It'll help us all have safer spirited driving in the future.

Thanks, Danial & United BMW for my xtra fun day....I'm a better driver as a result!

Oh, and a thanx to my buddy Call for taking us on his personaly researched roads...they are the best and so is he!
      11-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #32
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [8.50]
2005 M3  [9.66]
2005 325i  [8.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [9.00]
It was good seeing everyone again! Perhaps in a few months I'll be in my own 1 :wink:
      11-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #33
Addicted to One
Private
Rep

Aww Call - thanks for the anonymity but I'll own up for the challenging leaf. Thankfully, I cleaned up the car on Sunday and Dr. Colorchip hid the scratches on the rockers. I'll be saving up December, Christmas and January to pull a huge trigger before I move up to North Carolina. I just have to take advantage of my proximity to Dan. Dan, I hear you give military discounts?

It was great driving with everyone....Call you're right, I can't really drive my 1 to the limits unless I'm with you all. I'm glad I was able to really test the 1 this past weekend. Rebecca...hope you didn't spend too much money at the mall...it was great driving with you too.

Thanks again for a great day...minus the cars that slowed us down and the rain. Hope to do this again soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #34
Call
Call
United_States
Rep

Some how, some way we need to catch another Run before you are transferred in Feb. or we just might have to come see you. Addicted to One, you are one great guy. I enjoyed the drive and getting to talk with you...you and your wife are a blessing. Maybe you can talk her into another Run before you leave or maybe we can meet over at the Dragon.

Good chance I'll be back up in the same area tomorrow. A MINI group wants to go and the weather looks like it will be great...you never know

Call
      11-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #35
S54dan
Rep

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [8.50]
2005 M3  [9.66]
2005 325i  [8.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted to One View Post
Aww Call - thanks for the anonymity but I'll own up for the challenging leaf. Thankfully, I cleaned up the car on Sunday and Dr. Colorchip hid the scratches on the rockers. I'll be saving up December, Christmas and January to pull a huge trigger before I move up to North Carolina. I just have to take advantage of my proximity to Dan. Dan, I hear you give military discounts?

It was great driving with everyone....Call you're right, I can't really drive my 1 to the limits unless I'm with you all. I'm glad I was able to really test the 1 this past weekend. Rebecca...hope you didn't spend too much money at the mall...it was great driving with you too.

Thanks again for a great day...minus the cars that slowed us down and the rain. Hope to do this again soon.
Yes sir! I give military discounts (I cannot speak for the dealership itself) on parts for 1 Addicts members only. Since the parts are already discounted at 25%, I do my best to uphold my loyalty to those who have shown their loyalty to the country. I have also arranged that all installs are discounted along with parts when done at the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call
Some how, some way we need to catch another Run before you are transferred in Feb. or we just might have to come see you. Addicted to One, you are one great guy. I enjoyed the drive and getting to talk with you...you and your wife are a blessing. Maybe you can talk her into another Run before you leave or maybe we can meet over at the Dragon.

Good chance I'll be back up in the same area tomorrow. A MINI group wants to go and the weather looks like it will be great...you never know

Callk
Perhaps I can arrange a December freeway cruise to the Performance Center.. maybe take a look into the museum or something while we're at it. I'll see what I can do
      11-18-2008, 09:16 PM   #36
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep

A Dec. PDC visit????!!!!....I'd be all over that.
We could check out the possibilities & costs of their driver's school as well.

Addicted to 1....maybe your wife would like to ride with me a bit?
The passion might rub off....ya never know. :biggrin: :biggrin:
      11-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #37
S54dan
Rep

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [8.50]
2005 M3  [9.66]
2005 325i  [8.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by One&Only View Post
A Dec. PDC visit????!!!!....I'd be all over that.
We could check out the possibilities & costs of their driver's school as well.

Addicted to 1....maybe your wife would like to ride with me a bit?
The passion might rub off....ya never know. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Can't say we'd be allowed on the track . I once called there and told them where I was employed and they seemed to not care, and gave me the full retail for school pricing. :iono: Hopefully my co-worker here (Greg Heiman) can work some magic!! He's the PCD guy + Salesman
      11-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #38
neteagle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MBM 135i

Bummer...I was out of town for a wedding. Would have loved to carve it up with you guys again.

See you next time!

'11 335i Le Mans Blue, Saddle, Dark Glacier, Manual, M-Sport, Premium, CA, Harman Kardon, Heated Seats, iPod, High Beam assist, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grill, CF competition spoiler
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #39
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

I missed the last 2 meets due to conflict with my soccer games, but I won't miss this PDC visit and hopefully I have the JB3 installed on my car before the trip. Thanks.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 06:31 PM   #40
Addicted to One
Private
Rep

Dan....I will definitely have an order for you in January then. I'll only be here until the 17th of December and then I'm driving up to Chicago for the Holidays but I am DEFINITELY up for the PCD drive. Call...I definitely appreciate the offer on the shotgun seat but if my wife was getting dizzy from my "not as aggressive" driving during our first run....she'll DEFINITELY be dizzy in NOBL1NG. I would...however...be up for a shotgun seat in My135's JB3 car.....eh? eh? eh? (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2008, 08:31 AM   #41
S54dan
Rep

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [8.50]
2005 M3  [9.66]
2005 325i  [8.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [9.00]
Cancel the possibility of a Performance Center trip... Greg Heiman has been let go After 12 years here, they made a (IMO) stupid move. I'll think of something else
      11-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #42
Addicted to One
Private
Rep

that stinks
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2008, 08:50 AM   #43
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep

I agree it does stink!
Adjustments like that are instantly shocking and difficult at best....but if he worked successfully with BMW for 12 years he's a valuable man and he'll find another job that suits him even better.
I have no doubt.