BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-31-2012, 12:30 AM   #23
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
The previous owner babied the car, he preferred his motorcycle. So it's not on him either.
Did you know the previous owner? Did you ride with them or see them driving the car frequently? If not, then how do you know this to be true? No offense, but every single person who is trying to sell you something will and does say this...

Hopefully bmw will cover or help you with this regardless of the previous owner's habits.

Sent from my Droid
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #24
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjof2003 View Post
Did you know the previous owner? Did you ride with them or see them driving the car frequently? If not, then how do you know this to be true? No offense, but every single person who is trying to sell you something will and does say this...
Valid point. I hope that's not the case.

Apparently if the clutch is blue, then it wont be covered.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #25
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that BMW covers one clutch in the 4yr/50k coverage. Am I delusional?
Yes, I remember reading that too. I think it was from the guy in Cali who had his clutch go out at 25K miles.

Quote:
According to my SA, it's a wear and tear item so it's up to the discretion of bmwna.

And I have had the car since last August. The previous owner babied the car, he preferred his motorcycle. So it's not on him either. Either way this is way too early for it to
give out
Stick to you GUNS!!! When they come back to take your temperature... Tell them you expect BMW to pay for everything. That is when the real "good will" begins the negotiations.

G.L.
Dack
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #26
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that BMW covers one clutch in the 4yr/50k coverage. Am I delusional?
Yes, I remember reading that too. I think it was from the guy in Cali who had his clutch go out at 25K miles.

Quote:
According to my SA, it's a wear and tear item so it's up to the discretion of bmwna.

And I have had the car since last August. The previous owner babied the car, he preferred his motorcycle. So it's not on him either. Either way this is way too early for it to
give out
Stick to you GUNS!!! When they come back to take your temperature... Tell them you expect BMW to pay for everything. That is when the real "good will" begins the negotiations.

G.L.
Dack
Update: clutch got replaced under warranty because it was getting "stuck against the pressure plate". I drove the car to work and am still smelling burnt clutch. Don't know if it got into the AC system, or something else.

Tired to taking the car in though. I will wait until my last service appointment to get it looked at.
Going to see what bmwna can do about this car. I have had so much stuff replaced on it in the last year alone.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #27
aspireM//
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 128

HA...guess I should have read the fine print when buying my MT '09 CPO 128 two months ago. It never crossed my mind that the clutch would not be covered as they view it as a wear and tear item. My previous E90 330i was CPO but automatic so I didnt think about it..... MT is a whore is Chicago traffic anyway. It's only fun when theres no traffic, which is rare haha. I'll be back to auto+paddles on the next one.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #28
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspireM//
HA...guess I should have read the fine print when buying my MT '09 CPO 128 two months ago. It never crossed my mind that the clutch would not be covered as they view it as a wear and tear item. My previous E90 330i was CPO but automatic so I didnt think about it..... MT is a whore is Chicago traffic anyway. It's only fun when theres no traffic, which is rare haha. I'll be back to auto+paddles on the next one.
Bmwna will cover a clutch under 20k miles no questions asked, according to my SA. After that they will request pictures and a full diagnosis from the dealership to cover the replacement.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #29
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Update: clutch got replaced under warranty because it was getting "stuck against the pressure plate". I drove the car to work and am still smelling burnt clutch. Don't know if it got into the AC system, or something else.

Tired to taking the car in though. I will wait until my last service appointment to get it looked at.
Going to see what bmwna can do about this car. I have had so much stuff replaced on it in the last year alone.
Glad to hear they replaced it at no cost to you!

Sent from my 10" Droid
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #30
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjof2003 View Post
Glad to hear they replaced it at no cost to you!

Sent from my 10" Droid
Thanks! I am just waiting to see what goes wrong next with this car
The longest I have had the car (in consecutive days) for this entire summer was about 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0