BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #45
arrutled
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Olsa

Is that your tank too?

AW 135i w/ blackette, performance short shift kit, BMW alarm, Performance rotors, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Direzza Star Spec 235/275, Dinan stage 3 suspension, M3 wishbones/tension rods/front sway/rear subframe bushings and thats all folks!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #46
QJS
St8rin' Thru My Rear View
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 View Post
QJS was that DC5t RHD, and white? If so I know the car. I own one myself. Well for now I do.
yes it used to be RHD and white with the BOV on the side intercooler pipe coming out of the side intake of the bumper.

09-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #47
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by QJS View Post
yes it used to be RHD and white with the BOV on the side intercooler pipe coming out of the side intake of the bumper.

Nice! Is that Top Secret's old car, or one they built, or just one very much the same? Mine just sits, but I'm about to sell it soon to make room in the garage, as I'm no longer into the Johnny-Honda world, and the car accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #48
QJS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 View Post
Nice! Is that Top Secret's old car, or one they built, or just one very much the same? Mine just sits, but I'm about to sell it soon to make room in the garage, as I'm no longer into the Johnny-Honda world, and the car accordingly.
no its not, this is my car when it used to be white. Now it has the TS Gold paint and much more mods. In this pic, it had the Greddy turbo kit, now its packing a GT3240 by HKS.
      09-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #49
QJS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrutled View Post
Is that your tank too?

I WISH! :biggrin:
      09-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #50
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
I personally like to see the cars that others have/had. I think it is ostentatious DEPENDING on the cars listed. If you look at Q's list...it is definitely a list of an enthusiasts'...furthermore in my experience (at least in the middle east) quite a few of the cars he has listed are NOT considered ostentatious....With the many Ferraris, Aston Martins, Jaguars, Range Rovers, Lexus's I have seen running around with early 20 something year old drivers in it making fools of themselves, his list is a breath of fresh air...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #51
QJS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
I personally like to see the cars that others have/had. I think it is ostentatious DEPENDING on the cars listed. If you look at Q's list...it is definitely a list of an enthusiasts'...furthermore in my experience (at least in the middle east) quite a few of the cars he has listed are NOT considered ostentatious....With the many Ferraris, Aston Martins, Jaguars, Range Rovers, Lexus's I have seen running around with early 20 something year old drivers in it making fools of themselves, his list is a breath of fresh air...
Thank u, U'd understand cuz u've visited those GCC countries in the middle east, and its true about 20 year olds and younger, some have no licsence's ( VVIP's ) and its funny u know, at the age of 18, u should get a nice sport coupe or anything that suits your age. I know some people that have brothers who just turned 18, got his liscence, and went str8 to a AM V8, Lambo's, Bently's...Why u ask? Cuz sadly over here ( this part of the middle east ) some of the rich, wealthy people, and family members like to compete against each other and show who has more materials and such.
      09-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #52
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Thank u, U'd understand cuz u've visited those GCC countries in the middle east, and its true about 20 year olds and younger, some have no licsence's ( VVIP's ) and its funny u know, at the age of 18, u should get a nice sport coupe or anything that suits your age. I know some people that have brothers who just turned 18, got his liscence, and went str8 to a AM V8, Lambo's, Bently's...Why u ask? Cuz sadly over here ( this part of the middle east ) some of the rich, wealthy people, and family members like to compete against each other and show who has more materials and such.
Yeah trust me I DO know...LOL...I lived in Kuwait for a year (Salmiyah) right next to Marina Mall (in the heart of Kuwaits...ostentatious shopping district..LOL) and the rental car places had pretty much only Benz's, Bimmers, AM's, Jags, Range Rovers, Porsche's, and get this...Nissan's 350z's(really popular over there actually) they park them right next to the Porsches...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #53
QJS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Yeah trust me I DO know...LOL...I lived in Kuwait for a year (Salmiyah) right next to Marina Mall (in the heart of Kuwaits...ostentatious shopping district..LOL) and the rental car places had pretty much only Benz's, Bimmers, AM's, Jags, Range Rovers, Porsche's, and get this...Nissan's 350z's(really popular over there actually) they park them right next to the Porsches...
hahaha ya ive been to kuwait sometimes and ive seen so many scenes lol, and i think Kuwait has the most numbers of Jags in the world. Its crazy how Jaguar is a part of their fashion life over there. 350Z is a very popular car too over there.
      09-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #54
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
So, this made me think. Sell the Alpina and get a 135, Tii it inside out, get it in AW and ill be much much happier, and the Manual will be a plus, cuz i didnt have that in my Alpina, which sucked btw.
thanks for posting this. a lot of people, some with just little experience with performance cars and some with a lot of experience, think that just because a car is fast it must be a fun car. you can have a very very fast couch, but you ca not compare that is-f or alpina steptronic to a car with a proper manual even if the stick shift car is a bit slower, stock.

its cool to see someone who could get any bmw go for a 135. I have to ask though, why were you looking at 135 or m5, but not the M3?

i think if i had your money, and was in the market for a car that seats 4, I would go with an M3 with a manual transmission.

btw, your post didn't come off as bragging or "e-balling."

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #55
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM View Post
Nice upgrade, LOL! More money than brains?
i'm guessing its called experience. this doesn't seem like his first sports car.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #56
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I call it humor. Try it some time.
I know you were TRYING to be funny. just cause it was sarcastic, doesn't make it humorous.

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #57
QJS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
thanks for posting this. a lot of people, some with just little experience with performance cars and some with a lot of experience, think that just because a car is fast it must be a fun car. you can have a very very fast couch, but you ca not compare that is-f or alpina steptronic to a car with a proper manual even if the stick shift car is a bit slower, stock.

its cool to see someone who could get any bmw go for a 135. I have to ask though, why were you looking at 135 or m5, but not the M3?

i think if i had your money, and was in the market for a car that seats 4, I would go with an M3 with a manual transmission.

btw, your post didn't come off as bragging or "e-balling."
Cheers.

Right on the spot. And for that my man, i tell you this, i HATE the Mclaren SLR, its not a real sports car, Why an Auto? Why? At-least a Sequantial!!! DSG, SMG style, WHY AUTO! I hate all Benz's only cuz they are all auto's ( the auto's that feel auto when u shift and down shift, the BMW steptronic is ok ). When they do come out with a real gearbox i'll def buy one if it'll be possible to afford one.

Their r lots of reasons why i didnt go for an M3.

1. The price tag on it can get me a GT3, GTR, S8, slightly used M5, and more better cars in its price range.

2. It doesnt excite me :iono:

3. The new m3 and the E46 M3 never gave me the feeling of a real sports coupe, i like it rigid.

4. The 135 is half the price, nearly same performance. Looks wise the M3 wins, but the 135 has a nicer ass and i love ass.

5. The new M3 is trying too hard in its looks, doesnt perform aswell as it looks.

6. I dont like V8's, only if it was in a SUV.

7. The cockpit is not welcoming as the 135, the 135's cockpit welcomes you in a nice friendly race ready way, the position you're in is very different.

8. I like 6 cylinders, my fav.

9. Twin turbo/single turbo feeling is a must and a totally different feeling. The way a turbo-charged engine responses and kicks in is nicer than a V8 or any N/A. When you come out a corner around 5K rpm in 2nd gear then throttle balancing it way up to redline then change to 3rd is just crazy in a turbo charged car, and specially when the rear end looses it in a friendly way because of the turbo spool. Its orgazmik!

10. Its for daily use, i prefer it to be small, pretty fast, and as i said above, Turbo is a must. Its addictive.

11. Majority of people underestimate it.

12. Amazing feeling when you pass an M3.

I was gonna go for the M3 but instead i went for the Alpina to try out something exclusive/luxury/unique at that time, it went well, i liked the performance and handling but it got boring, its not my style. It got boring because its a car to cruise in and occasionally floor it while no one is looking. Its a car that will make you respect it in a different way and think of it in a different way, it has a different personality. Its like wearing a suit on the road, so you have to respect yourself and look legit. So yeah basically thats why, and i went for the 135 cuz it is totally me and ITS the car i wanted/waited for a long time to suit my style of everyday driving.

Its not how much ass this car can get me, or how much this car drinks fuel and whats the mileage and all, i dont really care, oil is cheap here :biggrin:
      09-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #58
QJS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I call it humor. Try it some time.
I do that sometimes, but in a different way, not in a rude way or in a disrespectful way. I dont find it funny, some will.
      09-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #59
QJS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Please tell me you are not really that thinned skin or sensitive. Honestly! Having gone myself from a 600hp car myself to this paltry 300hp I have more fun in this little car than any I have had in 30 years of driving and 5 years of that driving in Germany and Europe.
Im not haha dont get me wrong here, i dont get close to those type of people. I knew it was a joke, but the way i see it is that we dont know each other personally to joke with each other in this way. I would do it sometimes, only if the other party is the same.

Lol so true about coming from double the amount of power before and after with less power is totally different. There are lots of feelings you get, first of them is oh crap this is just too slow. This feeling happened to me when my GTR33 arrived from Japan, the first test drive i had in it was set at 800+hp @ 1.4 of boost ( max 2.2 bar ), it was a blast and it was the first time i drive a car with this much power. After the test drive, i hopped into my Beetle to go to a friends house, and the first feeling i got was that i thought my Beetle was fast. Pfft!
      09-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #60
QJS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
The JB3 has done a lot to pick her up. That was after having her stock since June. My boy and I installed the JB3 last weekend. I drove it up here to Crane, IN and have gotten to try out the handling and power on some of these back roads. I love the 135 more!
JB3 will be my first mod along with other things, its a must for her, i feel you.
      09-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #61
QJS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
This is the best part of all!
yup, this is the best part of it.

I get that with my Beetle, when some see it they say, aaaaah look at that cute girly car you have there and how gay u look in it and all. But the truth is they dont know what monster lays in her belly. Thats the beauty of owning something like this, the 1'er is the same.
      09-09-2008, 08:09 PM   #62
Xyloft
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by THellURider View Post
I hesitate to post this but...

I never understand why people have to get on here (or any other car forum) and start talking money and posting how they chose a 135 over *insert super car here* because they have so much money that they can do what they wish and then justifying it while everyone else just sits in awe of the story being told. Something about it just smacks of grand standing.

While I'm glad someone can do it in this world in which we live, is it necessary or is it a cultural thing I don't understand?

Then again, for what it's worth, I think you made the right choice.
i think you may be looking at it the wrong way. i think he's really giving a compliment to the 135.

as far as money's concerned..who knows maybe' hes $250,000 in debt from all previous bad car choices.

never know.

nice chioce on the last TWO cars. i'm sure you'll enjoy it
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 08:09 PM   #63
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:

4. The 135 is half the price, nearly same performance. Looks wise the M3 wins, but the 135 has a nicer ass and i love ass.

11. Majority of people underestimate it.

Those are two of the reasons I bought it as well. To be honest if BMW had not come out with this car I think I would have been in a Japanese or other German made car right now...there just wasnt anything in bimmers lineup before then that was within the correct price range AND excited me like QJS said. (I probably would have bought a used 911 and said 'frack it' about having a backseat...LOL...or, more likely, have bought a G37s and then TC'd it)
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 08:15 PM   #64
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Then smile and take that stick out of your butt.
that's rude. you were still trying to insult op with the "more money than brains comment." now you're just trying to play it off.

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 06:21 AM   #65
itsthechuck
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135, E34M, E30rally,S6, E30 M3

The Alpina very good looking, although I think you made a good choice with the 1. Also I can't believe I am the first person to ask this but if you find some time to post some pics of your other cars I would love to take a look.
      09-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #66
QJS
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyloft View Post
i think you may be looking at it the wrong way. i think he's really giving a compliment to the 135.

as far as money's concerned..who knows maybe' hes $250,000 in debt from all previous bad car choices.

never know.

nice chioce on the last TWO cars. i'm sure you'll enjoy it
yo got that right bruv. I am complimenting the 135, and yeah who knows :iono:

Thank you, i might cancel the Cayenne GTS's order and get me a different SUV instead, Cuz by the time it arrives i have a feeling that they will change its shape.