BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-18-2016, 08:44 PM   #1
Fairfax135i
Registered
Rep
Drives: white 135i 6mt

Unhappy HELP! Misfire code, limp mode

Ok, so ever since i bought my 135i the start up(whether its a cold start or not) has always been long cranks and stuttering. I thought this was normal, but a couple of days ago i was driving and accelerated from 2nd to 3rd gear and i hear a clunk and the car loses almost all power and basically wouldn't drive properly. I drove home, barely, in 3rd gear going about 30mph on the highway. I used an obd2 and got the p0300 misfire code along with other cylinder misfire codes. Im not sure if the car has the HPFP recall done already, but i was wondering if anyone has had the same issues and if so, what ended up being the root of the problem? Ive been looking through the thread and seen different causes such as spark plugs, Fuel pump, Fuel injector, engine coils, Carbon buildup, etc. Would the dealership still have to fix my recall if it hasn't been done already even if it doesn't have warranty?

PS: I also installed a VRSF FMIC a month ago, the only mod i know of(not sure if the car has been tuned).
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 09:26 PM   #2
Thewind727
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 135i AT

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax135i View Post
Ok, so ever since i bought my 135i the start up(whether its a cold start or not) has always been long cranks and stuttering. I thought this was normal, but a couple of days ago i was driving and accelerated from 2nd to 3rd gear and i hear a clunk and the car loses almost all power and basically wouldn't drive properly. I drove home, barely, in 3rd gear going about 30mph on the highway. I used an obd2 and got the p0300 misfire code along with other cylinder misfire codes. Im not sure if the car has the HPFP recall done already, but i was wondering if anyone has had the same issues and if so, what ended up being the root of the problem? Ive been looking through the thread and seen different causes such as spark plugs, Fuel pump, Fuel injector, engine coils, Carbon buildup, etc. Would the dealership still have to fix my recall if it hasn't been done already even if it doesn't have warranty?

PS: I also installed a VRSF FMIC a month ago, the only mod i know of(not sure if the car has been tuned).
Thanks!
sounds like same prob i had, the stealership replaced the lpfp hpfp and lp fuel sensor before it was fixed but at no cost to me and i bought my car way out of factory warranty from a 3rd party dealership. i was told even the replacement parts would carry the same warranty as the factory ones
08 135i AT / xHP stage 3 trans flash / vrsf 7.5 hd FMIC/ docrace single 6266 dbb precision turbo kit / TCKline s/a coilovers / RB external pcv kit / Active Autowerke ChargePipe / Wavtrac lsd / Whiteline subframe and Diff Full bushings / WedgeTuning full e85 custom tune 26psi / Blackmarketparts Port Injection Kit
Appreciate 0