BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-12-2009, 02:36 AM   #23
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Yeah if this stuff was so good and so cheap & safe then every major fuel company would be interested in it to add to their fuels at a certain (minimal) % to provide a perceived benefit whilst giving a competitive advantage vs their rivals, I would have thought.

If it did provide a measurable increase in MPG, for example, it would be very popular with long distance trucking companies too.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 02:46 AM   #24
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
That's all in your head.

First of all, it will take several miles to burn through the fuel that's in the lines and pumps from your last tankfuel, and second, ECU adaptations don't happen anywhere NEAR that fast. The difference between one point either way will be so small you'll never notice it.

I disagree with the notion it takes the ECU a long time to adjust, as the knock sensors are working instantly on the combustion cycle, otherwise there would be no point in having them fitted and the engine would "det" and shelf harm.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #25
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
I disagree with the notion it takes the ECU a long time to adjust, as the knock sensors are working instantly on the combustion cycle, otherwise there would be no point in having them fitted and the engine would "det" and shelf harm.

The knock sensors will pull timing instantly, but they're not going to add it back the same way. What you're suggesting is an immediate change from different fuel, and it simply can't happen.

There's no way possible that you filled your car up and were able to hear a difference as soon as you started it. There's probably close to half a gallon of fuel in the lines between the tank and engine that has to be burnt before the new fuel even gets there for the ECU to detect a difference. Even once it does you're not going to be able to detect the difference between one grade and another that's only one point higher. It's in your head.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #26
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Add1ct View Post
haha, after watching a few episodes of Pitchmen on discovery channel, I am pretty convinced if this or anything like it actually worked to any extent, Billy Mays and Sully would have been all over it a long time ago
Well, that's not exactly accurate.
Billy and other pitchmen are hired guns, simple as that.
Instead of paying for commercial time, companies can choose to hire a pitchman/pitchwoman and by paid programming air time which is much cheaper.
Network marketing is just another venue to advertise and market.
Instead of paying pitchmen, or big conglomerate media corporations for air time, they pay everyday people to sell and "pitch" the product for them.
Network marketing has been around for a long time, it seems to work, many products to that, and they make many people millionaires, and many more pretty well off.
It's not really my cup of tea, as I'm not good at sales, but I did try it before.

The venue of advertisement has zero barring on how good the product is.
We've all bought products that were advertised traditionally on TV and some things are great, some ok, some crap.
Same goes with pitchmen sales on paid programming, same goes with network marketing.
It has zero to do with the product.
If a product is good, it sells, no matter how it's advertised or sold!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #27
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
Yeah if this stuff was so good and so cheap & safe then every major fuel company would be interested in it to add to their fuels at a certain (minimal) % to provide a perceived benefit whilst giving a competitive advantage vs their rivals, I would have thought.

If it did provide a measurable increase in MPG, for example, it would be very popular with long distance trucking companies too.
Well, you're wrong about the first point.
Why would fuel companies want to buy or use a product that will SLOW down and reduce their sales? Same reason that big oil companies lobby governments to not give tax incentives to alternate fuel companies. They want the trillions and trillons of dollars all to themselves. They'd NEVER endorse or use any product that would help reduce their sales. That's economics 101.
Why do you think alternate fuel companies have had such a tough time.
Big oil does everything they can to shut them down. I wouldn't put mafia style "removals" into their mix as well.

As for the second part. Go to their website and read.
Long distance trucking companies do use Syntek.

According to Syntek, that's where they started. It was originally developed for diesel engines and sold solely in 55 gallon drums to large industrial companies for mass use in their trucks, multi-million dollar machines, tractors, etc.
Syntek is just starting to be released to the public in the past few months and that's why it's so new and pretty unheard of by normal consumers at this point. Actually according to their website the "official" public release in not until October 2009. That's when they'll probably start mass selling it to public outlets. That would be my guess by what they mean by "official" public release, since it's being sold on the website for the past couple months I guess.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #28
Add1ct
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

well how much does it cost for say 4 tanks worth
      06-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #29
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

Will this cause HPFP failure?
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #30
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Add1ct View Post
well how much does it cost for say 4 tanks worth
They sell it on the site with various amounts.
They say to treat your first 3 tankful with .5 oz (up to 20 gallons) and then about .25 oz each after that.

Oddly, the individual foil packs are listed at 10ML's which is .33 oz
So I guess they figure you won't get every last drop out of the foil pack and may leave some in so they put a bit more in so you get the minimum .25 oz you need for each following tankful.

The smallest amount they sell is 5 individual packs for $19.95
I put in 2 packs in my first tank and then 1 pack after that.
I didn't feel it necessary to put in .5 oz in the first 3 tankfuls.
But putting in two .33 oz packets more than likely gets you .5-.6 oz anyway.
Then if you fill up when you are around 1/8-1/4 tank and put in the 1/3 oz packet after that, it should be good.
They sell it by the bottles too.

Since our Prius only has an 11 gallon tank, I bought a bottle so I can put in just .25 (1/4) oz of it at each fill up. I was afraid that .33 oz might be too much for 11 gallons since it supposed to treat up to 20 gallons.

I'd say every 5-6 tankfuls I'll probably not put the stuff in, this way, the concentration never gets too high and it allows itself to burn it completely out before treating a fresh tank all over again.

That's what I'm going to do anyway.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #31
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by My135 View Post
Will this cause HPFP failure?

Doubt it will "cause" it, the HPFP's fail on their own.

But in all seriousness, I don't see how it could.
Unlike putting a tune on your car it's not asking the HPFP to work any harder.
Unlike putting race gas in your car, it's not burning the fuel at a higher temperature.
It's just a cleaner, emulsifier that removes the water from the gas in the tank and a few other things that supposedly help your car run better/cleaner, not harder or hotter than intended.

But who knows really when your HPFP will fail, or if it will fail.
On my first 335i sedan, two HPFP's failed. On my current 335i Coupe, knock on wood, it's not failed yet, and I've had a tune on it pretty much the whole time, have run race gas, and other things.
But you could use Syntek and the pump start to fail the next day, that could be pure coincidence, because it could fail tomorrow anyway.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #32
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Well, you're wrong about the first point.
Why would fuel companies want to buy or use a product that will SLOW down and reduce their sales? Same reason that big oil companies lobby governments to not give tax incentives to alternate fuel companies. They want the trillions and trillons of dollars all to themselves. They'd NEVER endorse or use any product that would help reduce their sales. That's economics 101.
Why do you think alternate fuel companies have had such a tough time.
Big oil does everything they can to shut them down. I wouldn't put mafia style "removals" into their mix as well.

As for the second part. Go to their website and read.
Long distance trucking companies do use Syntek.

According to Syntek, that's where they started. It was originally developed for diesel engines and sold solely in 55 gallon drums to large industrial companies for mass use in their trucks, multi-million dollar machines, tractors, etc.
Syntek is just starting to be released to the public in the past few months and that's why it's so new and pretty unheard of by normal consumers at this point. Actually according to their website the "official" public release in not until October 2009. That's when they'll probably start mass selling it to public outlets. That would be my guess by what they mean by "official" public release, since it's being sold on the website for the past couple months I guess.
You're the one not understanding business 101 too well.
An additive that say Shell or BP can put in their gas and then be able to say that their gas gives you MORE MPG's is something they wouldn't do?
Ha, not likely.
You're grouping the "oil companies" together as if they don't compete.
You yourself admitted that you probably won't get any increase in MPG, so how does that reduce gas sales?
It doesn't. So, that's counter to one of your own points.
And, if it increased MPG Shell, BP, Texaco, etc...would LOVE to make that claim of their gasoline vs. the others.
It wouldn't decrease sales in the least. If the product worked, their sales would go way up, and the others will go down, until they too can discover this MAGICAL ingredient that none of their scientists has ever been able to discover before. WOW!

If this stuff really improved MPG or power, or better yet BOTH, one of the big gas companies would pay HIGHLY for exclusive rights to it, and the makers of it would easily sell. They would make more money from that contract than they would doing internet sales where people like you would get money for getting people like me to try it.

IT's BS! We've seen this time and time again, with the same tired "reasons" and excuses for why the oil companies wouldn't want something like this. Yeah right.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #33
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

The more I view the video, the more I believe that it is a direct sales marketing gimmick. It sounds too much like any other direct sales to me. So far, none of the direct sales stuffs are good (at least the ones that I tired). I gave up on direct sales stuffs long time ago. I will say no to this again.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #34
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

If they are so confident with their products and want mouth to mouth advertisement, they should hand out free sample and I will try it.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #35
Add1ct
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

haha, my neighbor for his summer job last summer sold cutco knives, brought them over and said these are the best knives. so he says take out your serrated knife. so we pull out the Henckels, which is about 4 years old and used almost everyday in our house. He gets out his little demo rope and says count each stroke. Henckels first. 5 and it's through. Now for the brand new Cutco serrated specially designed whatever it was. 7 times and it's through. He says well yea those are pretty good knives. At least he got the signature that he presented them and got paid for that.
      06-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #36
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
You're the one not understanding business 101 too well.
An additive that say Shell or BP can put in their gas and then be able to say that their gas gives you MORE MPG's is something they wouldn't do?
Ha, not likely.
You're grouping the "oil companies" together as if they don't compete.
You yourself admitted that you probably won't get any increase in MPG, so how does that reduce gas sales?
It doesn't. So, that's counter to one of your own points.
And, if it increased MPG Shell, BP, Texaco, etc...would LOVE to make that claim of their gasoline vs. the others.
It wouldn't decrease sales in the least. If the product worked, their sales would go way up, and the others will go down, until they too can discover this MAGICAL ingredient that none of their scientists has ever been able to discover before. WOW!

If this stuff really improved MPG or power, or better yet BOTH, one of the big gas companies would pay HIGHLY for exclusive rights to it, and the makers of it would easily sell. They would make more money from that contract than they would doing internet sales where people like you would get money for getting people like me to try it.

IT's BS! We've seen this time and time again, with the same tired "reasons" and excuses for why the oil companies wouldn't want something like this. Yeah right.

Good points, however, the oil companies scientists are already doing that.
They DO put additives in their gas. Shell recently introduced Nitrogen additive to their gas.
Like any other product on the market, their IS competing products.
No one company or group of scientists have the "end all be all" answers to every thing.

As for paying big dollars for it?
Why haven't they done that with so many of the other additives on the market then? Why have they not done that with the oil additives too, if it would benefit the oil companies so much.

You make it sound like this Syntek is the only product on the market that the oil companies would have interest in.

All i'm saying is I, myself, tried it in my Prius and it improved gas mileage, I tried it and dyno tested it in my BMW and it made power, you can see that on the dynos.
You can choose to believe it or not, I had two other people including Terry there (who did the dynos) and I didn't tell him what I was testing, because if it didn't work, I would of had no part of using it in the future.

If you want to try it, do so, but like anything else in life, there will always be naysayers and disbelievers, pessimists and so forth.
But to call something BS without trying it yourself, well, I can't help you.
I tried it, it worked for me.
End of story.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #37
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by My135 View Post
If they are so confident with their products and want mouth to mouth advertisement, they should hand out free sample and I will try it.
They do.
On the site, you can order it and try it.
In 30 days if your not happy they'll give a 100% refund.
After 30 days they say they'll give you a 90% refund on any unused product.

It's funny though, I took the time to try it myself, spent $160 of my own money to dyno test the sh1t to see if it worked, because I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on the product if it didn't, and I wanted to use it if it did.
I got dyno results that prove it worked. I have gas mileage results that improved on my wife's car on several tankfuls so far.

I posted the dyno results to share with others if they wanted to use it and see a bit of performance gain in their N54's.
The reason I said you probably wouldn't see a gas mileage increase in our cars is, and this was clear originally but some have poor reading comprehension, is that we drive our cars hard and inconsistent.
But I did say, if you have a car that you drive the same (to work and back) on the same road and route each day, there's a good chance you'll see a gas mileage improvement. As that's what I got on the Prius.

As I stated, this is for my buddy Kurt.
He was introduced to the product, tried it too, it worked for him.
He joined the network to sell it and asked me to try it. I did.
He's lost his home in the economic tough times and is trying to earn a bit more money. So I wanted to support him. But if the sh1t didn't work, I surely wouldn't buy it. It did so told him I'd post my results for him on the BMW boards in case others wanted to try it themselves and take advantage of the performance improvement and gas mileage improvement.
So I did.

Whether you guys want to give it a shot or not, it's up to you, I don't care either way. It worked for me, and passed MY tests, so I'm going to use it.
But until, like anything in this life, you try it yourself, judging it without experience just makes you prejudice.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #38
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Good points, however, the oil companies scientists are already doing that.
They DO put additives in their gas. Shell recently introduced Nitrogen additive to their gas.
Like any other product on the market, their IS competing products.
No one company or group of scientists have the "end all be all" answers to every thing.

As for paying big dollars for it?
Why haven't they done that with so many of the other additives on the market then? Why have they not done that with the oil additives too, if it would benefit the oil companies so much.

You make it sound like this Syntek is the only product on the market that the oil companies would have interest in.

All i'm saying is I, myself, tried it in my Prius and it improved gas mileage, I tried it and dyno tested it in my BMW and it made power, you can see that on the dynos.
You can choose to believe it or not, I had two other people including Terry there (who did the dynos) and I didn't tell him what I was testing, because if it didn't work, I would of had no part of using it in the future.

If you want to try it, do so, but like anything else in life, there will always be naysayers and disbelievers, pessimists and so forth.
But to call something BS without trying it yourself, well, I can't help you.
I tried it, it worked for me.
End of story.
Ok, let's address your points.

The "additives" the gas companies use are there for CLEANING purposes.
You can also buy these products at the auto parts store if you feel you want more of them.
However, NONE of those products claim "higher MPG", or "more power".

The scientist who work on fuel formulations? Yeah, their probably pretty darn smart when it comes to creating gasoline and additives.
No, they are not the end-all-be-all. But, if your guys are, then they need to take their product to independent labs and have it tested. If it's verified then go to the oil companies and sell it. Again, more money there.
But, that would mean PROVING their claims.

The "nitrogen" is there as a cleaner. It's an exclusive name brand for Shell, but I'm sure the other gas companies have their own as well, and if Shell starts to sell more of their gas for that reason, of having nitrogen, then the other companies will follow suit. It's not a proprietary secret ingredient, and Shell doesn't charge more for it.

Your 2nd paragraph is a bit confusing. Some of these additives are sold separately, so that's that on that point.

I NEVER said nor made it sound as if Syntek would be the only product they would be interested in. But, if such a chemical formulation did exist, oh yeah, they would be VERY interested.

The Prius is known for having wild MPG numbers, verified by some of the car mags testing it.
As far as you power increases, those numbers were done on a DIFFERENT day, and the low increases are within the realm of variance. It was a cool day as you described it, and turbo engines LOVE cooler air and do produce more power when the air is denser and cooler. You would have to do back to back dyno runs on the same day on the same dyno to make me believe it was the additive you used. Now, you can believe it if you like, but them is the facts, just like you say you have the facts. But, you didn't test on the same day. Did you test on the same dyno?

I don't need help from you and frankly didn't ask you for any.
I'm calling BS because until I can see real further data on this, then I'll call BS, because of my experience over the years with these things.
I'n not a pessimist, as it's easy for you to dismiss me by saying those things. So, let me in kind return the favor, you believe what you WANT to believe, or what my be to your benefit to believe and promote.

Do you stand to benefit financially from the use and sale of this product as your friend is?
Here's another one; "There's a sucker born every minute."
Physics and chemistry are those wonderful types of science that can and need verification. Thus, feelings and beliefs have no part of it when it comes to showing, verifying, and proving the claims. Your proof shows a change, but is it truly attributable to the additive? That's not so easy to show here. If you ran regular gas, dyno'd, then removed that gas, then added the additive and let that fuel get into the engine, then dyno'd and it showed an increase then we might see something.
Heck even mothballs have been claimed to work, because it can increase octane. And, in a turbo engine more octane can help an engine maximize it's power output due to less knock and less timing pull.
Did you log this? Was there less knock? If so, could it be the cooler air?
Could it be the additive? Could it be.....? Variables.

I'm not claiming BS to your numbers. I'm saying BS to the additive being the reason for the increase when there are other variables involved.
I'll bet this stuff is simply something helping raise octance in the fuel.
These products do exist, but some aren't so good for your engine long term. Ethanol has high octane, but it also has less thermal energy, which offsets the power potential with lower MPG.
Your product improves MPG and increases power? Your and their claim is a lofty one.

One more thing; if your Prius improved MPG due to this product, then why not your 135i? Afterall, it's not good to claim a power and MPG boost if it can't do it for all engines. Or is it, more power OR more MPG?

Again, I'm calling BS on the product. Don't take it personal.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #39
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
They do.

Whether you guys want to give it a shot or not, it's up to you, I don't care either way. It worked for me, and passed MY tests, so I'm going to use it.
But until, like anything in this life, you try it yourself, judging it without experience just makes you prejudice.
I'm positive it smells really badly up inside a pig's butt. But, I'm sticking my hand or nose up there to prove it, when relative experience and knowledge tells me otherwise.
Oh no, I'm pig butt prejudice.
C'mon man! Prejudice? Whatever.

BTW, you made dyno runs and showed your numbers. But, you didn't speak of any real road experience with this stuff. Odd.
If I try this stuff and I don't feel anything different, is it that easy to get my money back? Or, do I then have to prove by way of dyno readings that it didn't work?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #40
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

All the 100% guarranttee and refund things are marketing gimmick too. In order to try it out, you have to pour some in your gas tank, and they can either gave you part of the refund or charge you some re-stocking charge or give you some BS why they can't give you 100% refund as advertised (read the fine print stuff) and besides, you have to pay the shipping charge and they can always claim they never received the return package. In short, they have thousands reasons not to give you 100% refund, and they know x% of people (like me) never return a not so expensive merchandise (i.e. $50<). On the average, they are still making money since it doesn't cost them much to produce (they spend most money in advertisement and little on product development). In short, I learned my lesson toward direct sales stuff, and good to say no to all and I am 100% right on this too.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #41
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I'm positive it smells really badly up inside a pig's butt. But, I'm sticking my hand or nose up there to prove it, when relative experience and knowledge tells me otherwise.
Oh no, I'm pig butt prejudice.
C'mon man! Prejudice? Whatever.

BTW, you made dyno runs and showed your numbers. But, you didn't speak of any real road experience with this stuff. Odd.
If I try this stuff and I don't feel anything different, is it that easy to get my money back? Or, do I then have to prove by way of dyno readings that it didn't work?

Well, this is going to be lengthy, sorry!
I did use the same dyno. Same time of day. Same temperatures. VERY similiar conditions (both days cloudy, both had high humidity).

As for your "variances" on different days theory.

I've dynoed my car AT this same shop probably 40 times. Many times, like these tests, with Terry of BMS present and doing the dynos.

When the weather conditions are within 10 degrees of each other, the dyno results are VERY similiar. They don't vary much.
To give you an idea, I've dynoed my car there with JB3 and plain 91 Octane on the same map many times over a 8 month period.
The dynos have ALWAYS been in the 339-343 rwhp range.
The torque results pretty much overlap each other.

Even going from JB3 1.0 to 1.2 to 1.3 the results have been VERY consistent.
Terry can verify for you if you choose.

As I posted with the results, I've never seen the power levels as high as we did with the Syntek in it. Coincidence? No after doing 40-50 dynos over the past 2 years, organizing dynos with dozens and dozens of N54 cars.
Frankly I've dynoed my car on JB3 at a different dyno shop too, and lo and behold I got 337 rwhp, right in the range of my normal dyno shop.

You don't get 17.5 rwhp gains at 2500 rpms, 11 rwhp gains at 3500 rpms, 17 rwhp gains at 6100 rpms variance from day to day on the dyno with the same maps.
We did about 8-10 runs before adding the Syntek on various maps and then did 8-10 runs after adding Syntek on various maps. Every map, every run showed a power increase in 90% of the rev range and always had higher peak numbers than we did prior to adding Syntek.

Coincidence? You can decide. But as an experience dyno person on the N54 engine, I can tell you NO. Have you ever dynoed your car? I'm guessing not.

Furthermore, Terry and I have often dumped race gas in to bring the octane levels to 92-94 Octane. And again, after doing so with the Syntek, we saw higher numbers than we ever have before on my car. Frankly we saw higher numbers on my car than I think any other N54 that has tune only.
395 rwtq. A few days earlier we dynoed a 335i that had intake, exhaust, catless DP's, pure 100 Octane race gas, and brand new spark plugs on Map 8 ( I was on Map 2, 4 and 6 which are not race maps) and he got rwtq numbers in the same 395 rwtq range.
Not until he went to Map 9 did he get more than 400 rwtq.

Now as for the, "to be valid it would have to be dynoed on the same day"
Not so my apparent inexperienced dyno friend.
First, Syntek states to realize "full potential" you need to run it in 3 tankfuls.
Makes sense since it's a cleaner and water emulsifier, and so forth.
Stuff like that doesn't take effect immediately and therefore it needs a bit of time to work.

Secondly, dynoing on the same day can have MORE variances. At 9 am if the temp is 62 degrees and 805 humidity with clouds, but 2-3 hours later it's 75 degrees, humidity down to 50% and the sun is now out, how is that more valid that testing in pretty much the exact same conditions?

When aftermarket modification companies (intakes, exhausts, superchargers, tunes, etc) do their testing and post results, do you think those are all done on the same day.

On to your comment about the Prius. Do you even have one, or once again are you just making prejudicial comments?
You read car mags that state the mpg's vary wildly and that's your conclusive result huh?
Well, again, as I stated I ACTUALLY have a Prius. And my wife drives it EVERYDAY on the same 49 mile round trip to work.
She does not hotrod it, she does not baby it. She drives it "normally" all the time. I've filled the gas tank for her on so many occasions, "getting the hun can you fill up the Prius for me" then batting eyelashes.
I've ACTUALLY checked her gas mileage on at least 1/2 of those instances (so dozens of times)
I've NEVER seen it over 46 mpg.
On the first tank with Syntek, 51 mpg.
Follow up tank 49.54 mpg (and that was with a 1/2 flat tire...light came on the night before I filled it up).

So again, YOU can choose to read magazines to get your results, and make inexperienced comments about dyno testing and believe what you want.
I for one, actually DO things to FIND my own results. Then share them with the community.
Do us all a favor, until you actually have first hand experience with stuff, stop b1tching and complaining and prejudging. Or go out there and try stuff FIRSTHAND and get some results for yourself, then post.

As for feel on the road. My buddy Kurt called me two or three times during the week I was letting the Syntek work into my car. He asked me how it felt. I told him, " to be honest, the car is running great, feels strong."
That's what I said, each and every time.
As I've said, I did this to help my friend, I have no interest in making any money off of Syntek. I'm not a salesman.
So try it, don't try it, I don't give a rats @ss.
Nothing personal.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #42
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

Sorry bud, I was actually intrigued by this, and looked into it.

It is a direct marketing pyramid scheme business. Syntek Global doesn't own any property, any patents, or hold any trademarks.

There are other iterations of the website: http://www.gosyntek.com/welcome/company.html

You get paid to sell the crap: http://tryit.gosyntek.com/opportunity/index.html

You get email spambots and other tools to pitch the crap:
"lead capture and lead managment tools, communication tools, and more
Marketing emails with notification once viewed by your prospect
Event Calendar and Mapping Feature
Unlimited tech support by phone and email
And much more!"
https://www.mysyntek.com/welcome/join.html

Check out the "management team," not one of them has anything remotely resembling automotive experience, they are all 'professional' salesmen. http://www.gosyntek.com/welcome/company.html

Better hope the people at http://syntek.com/ don't notice this stuff, apparently they have been in business 20 years. $100 bucks says that makes them first time users of the name.

Or maybe I am just a skeptic.

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #43
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by esses View Post

It is a direct marketing pyramid scheme business. Syntek Global doesn't own any property, any patents, or hold any trademarks.

"If it's too good to be true......."
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #44
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esses View Post

There are other iterations of the website: http://www.gosyntek.com/welcome/company.html

You get paid to sell the crap: http://tryit.gosyntek.com/opportunity/index.html

You get email spambots and other tools to pitch the crap:
"lead capture and lead managment tools, communication tools, and more
Marketing emails with notification once viewed by your prospect
Event Calendar and Mapping Feature
Unlimited tech support by phone and email
And much more!"
https://www.mysyntek.com/welcome/join.html

Check out the "management team," not one of them has anything remotely resembling automotive experience, they are all 'professional' salesmen. http://www.gosyntek.com/welcome/company.html

Better hope the people at http://syntek.com/ don't notice this stuff, apparently they have been in business 20 years. $100 bucks says that makes them first time users of the name.

Nobody said it wasn't network marketing.
As stated many times, it's just another advertising and sale venue.
Syntek global is the sales company that over sees the marketing.
Network marketing is not a pyramid "scheme". It's so funny people still think that way. Network marketing is still one of the leading forms of sales in this country.
The sales people did not make the stuff, of course not. That's silly to think.
Syntek is the product, Syntek Global is the marketing company they use to distribute and sell it.
Two totally different things.
Appreciate 0