BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #23
mr.fabulous
Captain
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

CarFAX is next to useless. See if your dealer has service history for the thing. But honestly, at $17K (incl warranty) I'd like to think you could find one with fewer miles.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #24
DNTSimmerTheBimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: VW CC Blk on Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.fabulous View Post
CarFAX is next to useless. See if your dealer has service history for the thing. But honestly, at $17K (incl warranty) I'd like to think you could find one with fewer miles.
ever since i test drove it ive been looking but cant find anything else really, found a 2012 with 68k for 19k witch is over budget for me not incl warranty. these little cars are pretty expensive, but you gotta pay to play i guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 03:27 PM   #25
mr.fabulous
Captain
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

Consider the whole of these United States as a potential source. I found mine on AutoTrader, flew 500 miles to collect it and drove it home the same day. If the drive is more than you want to deal with, you could always have it shipped.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 03:31 PM   #26
DNTSimmerTheBimmer
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.fabulous View Post
Consider the whole of these United States as a potential source. I found mine on AutoTrader, flew 500 miles to collect it and drove it home the same day. If the drive is more than you want to deal with, you could always have it shipped.
Thats good advice thanks, so your recomendation would be to run from this car? i was going to take it today to get it inspected and take it on the highway to see if it leaves me stranded lol...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #27
Joebie
Grandmaster
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M2 6MT

I think by the time that I'm ready to purchase (probably some time late 2015) I could probably find a N55 in decent condition and mileage for pretty cheap.

Coming from a diesel car I really value torque down low, so an N55 might even suit my driving style and habits better, and I'd be willing to sacrifice some moddability for reliability. If I can get 350hp out of an N55 that should be more than enough for me. If I get bored with that, I always have my motorcycle!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 09:26 PM   #28
DNTSimmerTheBimmer
Registered
Rep

Okay, SO i took the advice and searched in the ENTIRE united states and guess what? the car i was looking at was the cheapest with the lowest miles. I could not believe the prices of some dealers! 17k with over 120k miles on them WITHOUT any warranty. I would really like to know what a fair price for this car is for you guys because im stuck. i retested the car and everything was in perfect working order this time. the only thing i noticed was a clicking right after turning the car on which was coming from under, am i wrong in thinking its just solenoids in the exhaust system?
Appreciate 0