BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #1
Rsmatt
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1m v/a

Smile Evolve uk experience

Hi all I thought I would post a little bit on my experience with evolve, in my opinion they don't shout about what they can do enough.

I'm so impressed with there knowledge and care, no matter how much you pester them for more power they only do what they KNOW will be safe for your car!

My car has now been fully evolved with a full exhaust, intercooler and I'm on my 3rd spec remap now, they took my car back to standard software yesterday and did a base run, then loaded the there updated stage three file to test the gains etc. and oh man! What a car! It is so strong and so tractable the weather was crap yesterday but holy crap how fast does it feel!

So thanks again guys really appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 03:59 AM   #2
jan9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Good to know, all set for IOM then.So is your car now producing even more power than before? Any figures?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan9 View Post
Good to know, all set for IOM then.So is your car now producing even more power than before? Any figures?
Coma on Jana, you know you shouldn't be asking a women her stats

Nice Matt, even more time come IOM
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 04:39 AM   #4
h-manuk
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe

Good to hear Matt.....bring on IOM!

I've been very happy with my Evolve Stage 1 and following my hardware mods the car performs really well......as you know
Current mods: Forge FMIC, N55 Midpipe, Alcantara Steering Wheel, OEM 2012 LCI Black lines, BMW Performance grilles and pedals, Ohlins R&T suspension, Supersprint Exhaust, BMS Charge Pipe, Forge Diverter Valves
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #5
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Matt,

I saw that you recently sold a set of PS2 tyres. Question is, what are you running now? Super Sports?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #6
OneM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

h-manuk: How does the Evolve-R stage 1 tune (without the M button pressed) compare with the Stock 1M (with the M button pressed)?

Thanks

Last edited by OneM; 11-21-2012 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #7
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneM View Post
h-manuk: How does the Evolve-R stage 1 tune (without the M button pressed) compare with the Stock 1M (with the M button pressed)?

Thanks
Sorry to chime in here; I am sure h-manuk will give his answer but why would you compare the affect of a tune with the M button? M button just changes the throttle response, gives you a sharper, quicker responding car. However, there are no hidden bonus power there. Similarly, a tune will not necessarily give you any better throttle response but definitely gives more power and torque. Moreover, M button remains functional with Evolve tune which means that you can always use it with or without the tune.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #8
h-manuk
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe

Quote:

Thanks
To be honest I can't remember as its been quite some time since I've had the tune. All I can say is that there was a small relative difference in throttle response to both stock and tuned if you compare like for like with the M button in either on or off modes.

I only enthuse about my Evolve stage 1 when in M mode!
Current mods: Forge FMIC, N55 Midpipe, Alcantara Steering Wheel, OEM 2012 LCI Black lines, BMW Performance grilles and pedals, Ohlins R&T suspension, Supersprint Exhaust, BMS Charge Pipe, Forge Diverter Valves
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
Rsmatt
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

There seems to be a smoother power delivery with the M button pressed than without when we flashed my car back to stock it seemed really slow!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
Rsmatt
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Michelin supersports Chris
Power is improved jana 428 on evolve's dyno
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #11
Rsmatt
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
Coma on Jana, you know you shouldn't be asking a women her stats

Nice Matt, even more time come IOM
Yes mate it's not looking good!
      11-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #12
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Very nice Matt! Looking forward to seeing and hearing it soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #13
OneM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Sorry to chime in here; I am sure h-manuk will give his answer but why would you compare the affect of a tune with the M button? M button just changes the throttle response, gives you a sharper, quicker responding car. However, there are no hidden bonus power there. Similarly, a tune will not necessarily give you any better throttle response but definitely gives more power and torque. Moreover, M button remains functional with Evolve tune which means that you can always use it with or without the tune.

Coz 'Stock (without M button pressed)' has the dreaded turbo lag and with the 'M pressed' hardly any.

So was just wondering if the Evolve tune (without M pressed) whether there's the same turbo lag.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #14
Rsmatt
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Coz 'Stock (without M button pressed)' has the dreaded turbo lag and with the 'M pressed' hardly any.

So was just wondering if the Evolve tune (without M pressed) whether there's the same turbo lag.
My car doesn't seem to suffer with turbo lag very much at all unless your in 6 @ 30mph in the right gear for the speed with or with out m button. The m button just seems to advance the revs and sharpen up the throttle.

If you think the 1M has lag try a Subaru!
      11-22-2012, 04:00 AM   #15
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Matt, your car sounds superb! Especially with the new tune!

Few questions:

1.) Do you have any photos of your car? I'd like to see your seats

2.) How are the ds2500 pads? I'm looking to change mine but wasn't sure where to start.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #16
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:

When M button is not pressed with the evolve tune it is the same as stock. It is not turbo lag as such. The map makes the throttle come in less sharp - that of course will increase spooling time. If you want immediate response - press the M button.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #17
OneM
Private First Class
Rep

Hmm.. don't know about about you guys, but I sure can feel the turbo lag. Even Tiff mentions it on 5th gear.

Sure the lag is not like those on a WRX or basically small displacement engines using high pressure turbos... but its noticeable, mostly without the 'M button' pressed. And that's due to the waste-gate being open.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #18
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Series 1 m coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post

Few questions:

2.) How are the ds2500 pads? I'm looking to change mine but wasn't sure where to start.

Cheers
Best jack it up and take the wheels off for a start
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #19
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Hmm.. don't know about about you guys, but I sure can feel the turbo lag. Even Tiff mentions it on 5th gear.

Sure the lag is not like those on a WRX or basically small displacement engines using high pressure turbos... but its noticeable, mostly without the 'M button' pressed. And that's due to the waste-gate being open.
This has been talked extensively recently, here is the thread "Lag or No Lag":

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ight=turbo+lag

I also agree that there is small but noticeable lag especially with M button not pressed, but really not a big deal.

Summary of known cures to minimize it: catless downpipes (works for sure), high flow mid pipes (slight but noticeable gain with N55 or Maddad mids reported), better charge pipe (ER charge pipe is reported for good gains), better intake (arguable, differing experiences reported). Also, in combination with a good tune like Evolve's, a more performant intercooler with better piping should help as well; but for a stock car an intercooler may actually be counterproductive.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #20
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #21
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Few questions:

1.) Do you have any photos of your car? I'd like to see your seats

Cheers
DS2500 is definitely a good balance between fast road and a light track pad. They are relatively quiet compared to the optional M performance sport pads, DS3000, Pagid RS19s/29s and PFCs. The DS2500 have a similar feel to the stock pads i.e. slightly soft initial bite that increases with temperature. The M performance sport pads and RS19/29s bite hard from the get go and work well from cold but are too noisy for general road use, unless you live alone in the countryside or install anti-squeal shims. SS brakelines and different brake fluid are only necessary if you track it pretty hard and regularly, otherwise their benefits isn't so apparent over oem on the road. Ring taxis only upgrade their pads to the M performance ones and carry 3 passengers, so uprated pads for fast road use is more than sufficient.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #22
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:

Few questions:

How are the ds2500 pads? I'm looking to change mine but wasn't sure where to start.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
Appreciate 0