BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #155
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
hadn't heard that; was also keen on it. where did u hear/read that?
I'm curious as well. That sounded like a promising little car.
      12-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #156
oasis3582
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpeck View Post
Boy I've grown to resent this car even more since the day I started this thread.

Yesterday I shelled out $900 for two new run flat tires. One had a screw in it... the other had been damaged by a pothole.

Hard to justify making the high payment on a car I'm no longer in love with. Need to break up with this thing once and for all. Will practice my "it's not me, it's you" speech.
Understand your frustrations, but you can't really blame BMW for tire damage.
Previous: VW GTI, Tesla Model 3 LR, Mazda MX-5 RF, Ford Mustang GT (x2), Mazda 3, BMW Z4 sDrive35i, Acura TSX, BMW 135i, Acura TSX, Honda Accord Coupe V6, Acura RDX, Pontiac GTO 6.0, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #157
993 911
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z3M, F31, G07

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bs View Post
Unfortunately, the only Porsche I'd consider as a replacement is a GT3. I spent last weekend riding shotgun (instructing) at VIR in a 997S. Don't think I'd give the 1 up for that one, but the GT3 is whole different animal. Take BMW mod prices and double them for that car.
I was considering 996 Turbos and GT3s, as well as 993C2Ss before pulling the trigger on my order. I'm glad I got the Bimmer as I would rather wait a couple years and pick up a new GT3 in Stuttgart.

I bought the 1'er with the intention of modding it and it has been a blast spending money on it. The car is a hoot to drive, great to look at, and has been quite reliable for me given that it is a "performance" car (and I drive it as such).

I really love this car and will never sell it.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #158
Bullitt
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 993 911 View Post
I really love this car and will never sell it.
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #159
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

Well, today is finally the day I have fallen out of love with my 08 135i. I havent had any MAJOR issues with it..just constant little things wrong with it. Here is a synops of it.
-Seat belt would not retract (fixed)
they fixed it but then scratched the shit out of my car
-3rd brake light cracked (replaced)
-Buffed car out to get scratches out
-Fuel exhaust pump (forget exactly what it is) goes bad (replaced)
-Fuel exhaust pump goes bad AGAIN!! with in 2 months (replaced again)
Called dealership 3 times!! for service on this and they NEVER called back
had to switch dealerships
--Shadow line trim POOR finish they could not buff it out, nor could I (replaced certain parts)
-Seat belt keeps getting jamed and takes 15 minutes to get un stuck (replaced again)
-ticking noise when turning (could not replicate the problem)
-Passenger airbag light keeps turning off 70 % of the time with 110lb girlfriend in seat
no problems found then made videos of the problem.
-Passenger seat weight matt finally replaced (repaired)
-While fixing passenger airbag sensor it took over 1 week to fix. Car would not program properly. Found to be a bad radio (fuck if I know it was working fine). (replaced radio)
now 100% of the time the airbag is off with her in it..Had a meeting with BMWNA regional rep about the problem and they state "thats just how it is". However, all the loaners I have had 1 335i and 2 535is the passenger airbag never had a problem with her in it. I said "is that what BMW is going to say when I get into an accident and she is injured because of your engineering....Thats just how it is?"

-Shadow line trim POOR finish they could not buff it out, nor could I (replaced certain parts)
-Currently in for waste gate rattle and the seat belt AGAIN!! I have a video of me wrestling with the seatbelt for 3 minutes.
-Since June of 08 have been trying to get my 1 series leather bound book. Have been told by BMWNA "we dont know why you didnt get it" "we cant help you we have nothing to do with that". Finally they said they are sending me one after about 15 phone calls and a year and a half later.

Its funny because they are just shooting themselves in the foot indirectly. Where I park 3 people have asked me about my car because I have loaners so often. 1 person thought I was a sales man and was interested in purchasing a BMW. I told him "nope my car is just always broken". 3 weeks later he has an Audi A4 lol. Well thats my babbling story. Sorry its not well written, just typing what is on my mind.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #160
1bonna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135

Dag! I know u must be furstrated!!
      12-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #161
whatsthebuzz
1 Driver
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 135i Dinan

I've had mine for almost 8 days so we are still in the honeymoon period...4-5 laps around town each day, it's tiring, but fun.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #162
McGregor
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 120d coupe 2009 bsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui Boy View Post
I've had my 08 128i Sport for a year now - 18,000 miles. No problems, love the drive, gets a lot of stares. But sometimes I find myself looking at it from a certain angle - usually from behind - and not liking the short rear. I might want something with a little more room in the future.
HALLELUJA
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #163
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Okay so I got a flat tyre on December 4 which was 3 weeks ago so I had to order new tyres from Tyrerack. During this time I left my 135i in the garage and drove my E46. I only just got my 135i back today and WOW!! I didn't miss my 135i so much the first week but during the 2nd week I really missed driving it. I even gave it a wash and cleaned it out. In the 3rd week I went insane, I couldn't stand not being able to drive it. Yesterday I got my new RE-11's on and this thing just flies!!

I've missed the engine and it's power so much. I really do appreciate having so much torque down low and it just zips through traffic and handles so well. I really can't fault it in any way. Before I found driving a bit of a chore now I look forward to pressing the Start button any chance I get. I'm finding the speed overwhelming at the moment but in the near future I'll go crazy with mods!! Also, I've finally started getting looks again
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #164
Milligan
Private
Rep
Drives: White 2008 135i

Lol coming onto this site is depressing. I love my 135i and have no regrets. The 350 dollar tires can get old replacing but I will not be going with run flats when they wear out.

shawshank, I've never seen someone get mad at the actual car because they have to buff out scratches haha. That is a necessary thing for any car usually once every two years. As for you set with your girlfriend, hell I put my 30lb backpack in the seat and the seatbelt dinger starts to go off!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 01:36 AM   #165
AZ135
REALTOR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Jag XF Supercharged

I love my car when it is working properly. Unfortunately, that has not been as often as I'd like. 7 unscheduled maintanence trips in 1 1/2 years.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 07:35 AM   #166
smpeck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Coupe (E92)

It's always interesting to read posts from people who have the "perfect" cars that have no issues. How did others get stuck with such stinkers?

I've been debating on what to do with my car. I've decided my rickety, rattle-trap convertible definitely isn't for me...

Yesterday I drove a silver 335i sedan - very nice car, and financially it would be about an even trade. I like the car, but you see so many 3er sedans on the road, it just seems so common. That's one thing I like about the 1er - you don't see one on every street corner.

After driving the 335i, I got back in my 135i vert and drove off. Within a mile the car was doing its usual shaking and shimmying over every tiny bump in the road. Hate it!

Last week I was working with a dealer to check 135i coupe inventory to see what was available. We spoke at least 3 or 4 times. The last we spoke, he found one out of state and was going to call the other dealer to see if that car was available. We also discussed me ordering a 2010 135i coupe. Haven't heard from him since - it blows my mind that a dealer would have a customer who is interested in buying/ordering and they don't return phone calls? I'm not going to do business with people who can't return phone calls.

My local dealer isn't much better - I walk in the showroom and there will be three salesman (including the sales manager) sitting at a table talking about something non-work related... and none of them acknowledge my presence or ask if I need any help.

There's another dealer about 45 minutes from my house - I'll be paying them a visit after the holidays. Who knows - maybe I'll place an order and end up with one of those "problem-free" 1ers!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #167
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
@smpeck: I do not understand it either....I would say I am one of the few extensively modded 1ers on the board and have seriously had no issues outside of the cracked trunk light.....no rattles (outside of when I leave something in a side pocket), no long starts (knock on wood), no weird events happening.............I am just happy that I have one of the few that have NOT had issues...
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #168
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Well it happened. Today is the day that I realized how much of a bitch my car really is and how much I hate her.

I put my computer bag on the passenger seat and it was fine. I drove onto the highway and out of the blue the gong starts going off, and it wouldnt stop.

So I put the bag on the floor, but I accidently knocked the car out of sport mode. The car is such a bore to drive in D, I dont know how people do it.

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #169
vjordan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 135i cabrio space/coral

driving in drive

brokenvert....try this...shift to drive...use your paddles to downshift while still in drive...you will be amazed!!!!....same as sport mode and it gives your thumbs something to do...haha...it pops back into drive once your off the accelerator...fun city driving style
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #170
thesmokingone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

tired of the BS...yes

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #171
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjordan View Post
brokenvert....try this...shift to drive...use your paddles to downshift while still in drive...you will be amazed!!!!....same as sport mode and it gives your thumbs something to do...haha...it pops back into drive once your off the accelerator...fun city driving style
The shifts are slower and lazier in M-D tho. I much prefer M-S, its just nice

Although I find that when I move my hand to the selector inorder to shift I end up clutching and pulling off of the gas while shifting...I really should be driving a stick...and it cant be good for the transmission.

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 09:23 PM   #172
Brady1984
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

I originally went to Germany and ordered mine, as soon as I test drove it I knew the car I wanted. I got a great deal on the car (I went through military sales). I paid in cash for my first new car; let me tell you that was a good feeling The beginning; incredible. Just like every other new owner on the board I loved that car, the power the handling the 09 iDrive, having people ask what's a 1 Series. It was as good as I had hoped, it was incredible fun. Then the little issues arise; realizing that the sun visors are not large enough, the rear leg room is tight, bottoming out the suspension is a bone jarring experience, visiting the dealership for small issues gets tiring. During this point I think I reached a good balance with the car, knowing it was not perfect but knowing that it was better than 9/10th's of the cars out there. Next I added the JB+ more power. getting some of that "wow this thing is fast" back (caution: it wears off and you want more). Then reality finally began to set in, I was putting miles on the car quick; it was neither small enough or large enough for what I wanted/needed in a vehicle. The car was not holding resale value like I had planned and then the death knell, I decided to go back to work overseas. I sold the car, I do not feel bad about it, it was great while I had it but it never fulfilled all the needs I had. Forever in my mind the 1er will be in between; power but not corvette fast. Good interior but not Audi. Good infotainment system (with 6NF, bluetooth hard drive based iDrive etc.) but not as good as the new Ford Sync. I realize that all those qualities may not exist in one vehicle but the 1er did a good job. Hey, in the end it's a car, they get old, you wreck them, you mod them, your needs change; I am just glad I was able to experience the 1 series and meet some good people in the process. Now on to my Cooper S daily driver (for the next couple weeks) and an M3 next year. Maybe I did get what I was looking for after all...
      12-25-2009, 01:11 AM   #173
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I believe if you are reading this right now you are still a 1addict and therefore still in love with your car. End of Story.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #174
Add1ct
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

or you're just stuck with the car and this is the place where you can vent, haha merry christmas everyone!
      12-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #175
bozola
Unloved BMW Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3 Coupe, 3 318Ti

Garage List
1999 Z3 Coupe  [10.00]
1998 318Ti  [0.00]
1998 318Ti  [10.00]
2008 128i  [9.00]
or you are really bored and feel compelled to read this thread to see what else could happen to your car.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #176
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Well it happened. Today is the day that I realized how much of a bitch my car really is and how much I hate her.

I put my computer bag on the passenger seat and it was fine. I drove onto the highway and out of the blue the gong starts going off, and it wouldnt stop.

So I put the bag on the floor, but I accidently knocked the car out of sport mode. The car is such a bore to drive in D, I dont know how people do it.
I don't get it.

You accidentally knocked the gear lever out of sport mode into standard "D".
You 1 is a bitch and you hate her because.......?
Appreciate 0