BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-29-2014, 02:21 AM   #1
JWC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Garage List
Problem to fit the LUX AE V4 into the headlight

I can't fit the module into the headlight. The only space is next to the adaptive headlight. But can't place it right next to it as you need to save some room for it to turn. How does everybody else install their LUX V4??
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 07:34 AM   #2
rocketpop
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

I do not have the LUX but I do have the ones from Burger Motorsports. Mine actually have two boxes to deal with. I was able to tuck both boxes and wires into the housing right behind when you installed the bulb, which is on the opposite side of the adaptive motor.

Some guys use Velcro to hold it in place so it does not slide around.

I found this image in another thread...

05-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I would recommend using 2-sided tape or velcro and attach it to the back of the headlight as shown above. That will be the easiest option.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
aevus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWC View Post
I can't fit the module into the headlight. The only space is next to the adaptive headlight. But can't place it right next to it as you need to save some room for it to turn. How does everybody else install their LUX V4??
Pardon me for reviving such an old thread, but did you actually fit the V4 into the housing while firmly sealing the unit?

I've emailed LUX today as I tried for @ 7 hrs in very different ways to fit these in but it just seems impossible without fitting it into the space of the AHL.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
jsmonet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

placement is tough to nail down sometimes. There's a thread about an install on a 1m that I used for my placement, then secured them with 3m heavy-duty velcro.

Now, I say velcro, but this stuff was all stiff plastic and insanely rugged. Get it on amazon. You'll never have to worry about your ballast moving.
      10-20-2014, 10:59 AM   #6
aevus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonet View Post
placement is tough to nail down sometimes. There's a thread about an install on a 1m that I used for my placement, then secured them with 3m heavy-duty velcro.

Now, I say velcro, but this stuff was all stiff plastic and insanely rugged. Get it on amazon. You'll never have to worry about your ballast moving.
Thank you for your response, I found a thread that indicated with a diagram exactly where to place it. Although these guys used the V3's which judging from the pics, seem to have a thinner black box. Do you have V4's in your 1er?

This is the thread I am talking about:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...1#post10815531

If that's not the one you're speaking of, would you be so kind as to provide a link for the one you talk of? I am thinking about giving it a try once again before returning these.

The problem I fear is that if I use that spot indicated in the link I placed above, it will interfere with the AHL. The black box on the V4's seems really tall and I think it will hit.

Thanks in advance for your help/replies.
Appreciate 0