E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > HAS ANYONE DONE HALOGEN TO XENON CONVERSION????

06-05-2006, 11:47 PM   #331
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

I think he bought his from Roveractive. ADHD told me that Roveractive does NOT include the light and ballast. SpanX told me that he had BMW do the change, and that whatever they took out, he doesn't know. I wish his sale posting said housings only, and not "headlights" for sale. Since the bulb and ballast are very much a part of the headlights.

I emailed him requesting to return this item. Its NOT WORTH 900-1000 bucks for U.S. amber headlights.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2006, 11:50 PM   #332
Dankim10
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 325i AW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
return the headlight to him and get a new one from ADAH's friend in Germany!
Blackline | Euro Xenon Headlight | Brex white ring | Breyton spoiler | ACS roof spoiler | 19" HRE C20 19x8.5, 19x9.5, with Michellin PS2 tires | Authentic GruppeM intake | Authentic M-technik full kits | 3D Studie front Lip | Hamann Quad Exhaust | Hamann Mtech rear Diffuser | Piaa HID kit for foglight | KW Street comfort suspension
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2006, 11:51 PM   #333
tl_boy
Major
Rep

Sounds like a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankim10
return the headlight to him and get a new one from ADAH's friend in Germany!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 12:01 AM   #334
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
tls xenon

ok here is whats up with your headlight im sure youll understand it know!
Theres 3 things wrong with this light:
Attached Images

06-06-2006, 12:02 AM   #335
SocalTy
Flushing, Queens stand up!!
Rep
Drives: AW E90

Garage List
06 e90  [0.00]
Been reading the last few pages of your postings TL_boy and I have to agree with most of the guys here, try to return the lights. The ballast and bulbs are an important part to the headlights and without them, well its going to cost you an extra $300-$400 for them. Not to mention the remapping your computer will need to fix the error message due to the difference in wattage.

The fact that the dude who sold you the headlights told you it was the "headlights" which includes ballast and bulbs vs. just the housing, is just plain ol' wrong. Hope everything works out for you man and you get to return them. Best of luck.
l 20% Tints l Osram 6000k Xenons l Brex l Blacklines l White Led Sidemarkers l PIAA Superwhite Turn Signals l 19" Breyton Spirits l H&R Sport Springs l Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers l ACS Roof Spoiler l Painted Carbon Spoiler l Luminics Fogs l Oem Chrome Grill l
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 12:06 AM   #336
tl_boy
Major
Rep

ADHD: you rock man, thanks for explaining that so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD
ok here is whats up with your headlight im sure youll understand it know!
Theres 3 things wrong with this light:
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 12:11 AM   #337
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Man...that sucks.

If he bought them from Roveractive, then had BMW do the install...then yep...they stripped his OEM xenon to complete the unit from Roveractive, which is not a complete headlight to begin with. Which means....he could only offer you the housing without bulbs, etc. Should have made that clear for you.

Good luck. I hope things get worked out...particularly since you thought you were getting whole units.
      06-06-2006, 12:15 AM   #338
tl_boy
Major
Rep

This was the sale: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=xenons

I don't want people to jump to conclusions yet though, from his email, it seems he didn't know the difference and the fact that ballasts and bulbs were out. Still, I hope for an agreeable solution to the return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
Man...that sucks.

If he bought them from Roveractive, then had BMW do the install...then yep...they stripped his OEM xenon to complete the unit from Roveractive, which is not a complete headlight to begin with. Which means....he could only offer you the housing without bulbs, etc. Should have made that clear for you.

Good luck. I hope things get worked out...particularly since you thought you were getting whole units.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 12:25 AM   #339
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
This was the sale: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=xenons
Still, I hope for an agreeable solution to the return.
Indeed...that is what matters. Good luck. You should see how much you can get the other items for....it still might be worth it for you in the end. I dunno
      06-06-2006, 12:31 AM   #340
tl_boy
Major
Rep

I'm checking now. I'm on ebay. Unfortunately, it appears the options are: dirty and shady looking used ballasts with bulbs from other german cars (not gonna try that), and those run upwards of $200 and the supposedly "guaranteed to work" MTEC kit for $400 bucks...
either way it is not going to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
Indeed...that is what matters. Good luck. You should see how much you can get the other items for....it still might be worth it for you in the end. I dunno
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 01:41 AM   #341
golfpro
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

u kinda got screwed but if u get to return them try and contact Bavarian Auto Recycling, i just got a pair of euro xenons (bulb and ballast included, i made sure cuz i dont know anything about that) for $930 (around there) shipped, he said that they dont get the whole cars cuz i wanted a chip from there then maybe i wouldnt need to have it reprogramed, but they do get the headlights and body parts, he said they get them in pretty often usually on thursdays, so keep callin them until they have them. i should get mine soon and im gonna try to get the chip done, it was kinda shady when i bought them cuz i said E90 and the kid really didnt know what i was talkin about so he finally found them and he said he'll send em out asap, im gonna flip sh*t if i get e46 headlights
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 01:44 AM   #342
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Did they tell you whether they were adaptive or non-adaptive versions??
      06-06-2006, 01:51 AM   #343
golfpro
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

yeah i told him i wasnted non-adaptive because adaptive obviously wont work with what im doing, he didnt tell me pricing for the adaptive, obviously its gonna cost more though, but 930 for non adaptive euros seems like a damn great price
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 02:13 AM   #344
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro
yeah i told him i wasnted non-adaptive because adaptive obviously wont work with what im doing, he didnt tell me pricing for the adaptive, obviously its gonna cost more though, but 930 for non adaptive euros seems like a damn great price
Kewel....they do get both. Good to know. You never know when you might need a back up plan.
      06-06-2006, 08:27 AM   #345
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
NICE find Golf Thats a steal of a deal man. Ill be curious to see if they come in good condition or not and with or without ballasts..Ive contacted them before and they were 1700$ WTF?? .Hopefully youll get a good pair. Keep us updated..
      06-06-2006, 08:30 AM   #346
Dankim10
Major
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Yea, keep us update!
Blackline | Euro Xenon Headlight | Brex white ring | Breyton spoiler | ACS roof spoiler | 19" HRE C20 19x8.5, 19x9.5, with Michellin PS2 tires | Authentic GruppeM intake | Authentic M-technik full kits | 3D Studie front Lip | Hamann Quad Exhaust | Hamann Mtech rear Diffuser | Piaa HID kit for foglight | KW Street comfort suspension
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 08:37 AM   #347
SpanX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 Black 335i

Looks like everyone is pretty ticked off about tl_boy's headlights.

Let me make it clear to everyone on here - I had no idea what needed to be sold or what didnt - I purchased euro headlights - they came just the way I sold my us spec headlights - how was I to know different. HOUSING vs HEADLIGHT now I see what people are saying and definitely dont want tl_boy to get screwed, I wouldnt if I were him.

So trying to work out a fair resolution, because misunderstanding or not, he bought them - he didnt have any more understanding than I did, and I'm not going to get screwed either.

Looking for some opinions on best way to resolve this....

compensation for shipping and return items....
help with cost of ballasts and lights for tl_boy.....

I dont know - any opinions would be helpful - want all involved to be happy
      06-06-2006, 08:43 AM   #348
Dankim10
Major
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
how much & where you paid for the euro headlight that not included bulb and ballast? Just curious.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 09:17 AM   #349
tl_boy
Major
Rep

Spanx,

I know you didn't mean bad, so thats why if you read my posts I even stated "I don't want people to jump to conclusions yet though, from his email, it seems he didn't know the difference and the fact that ballasts and bulbs were out"

FYI though, when you post "headlight" the ballasts and bulbs are a part of those units. Thats why when people end up buying them aftermarket, they come with them (except in your situation). The sales that have gone on here for $500 or so for U.S. spec ones INCLUDE ballasts and bulbs. Otherwise it is just the housing. If you refer to ADHD's picture on here, you will see that these missing parts are an integral part to the headlights. It would be as if someone posted a car for sale. Unless stated otherwise, it is presumed all necessary components would be in there (engine, transmission, suspension, etc.) I wouldn't need to question the inclusion of each and every item, I am buying a "car." I know we'll come to a resolution, and the only reason i am stating this now is because you were apparently not aware of this previously, and want you to see from my point or anyone else's now if you were to read your for sale ad, how misleading it can be.

I don't want to point fingers, but I feel I have no fault in this. Your intent was not wrong, but your ad was misleading, it should have stated the fact that bulbs and ballasts were missing. That is the general consensus amongst our peers on here.

how do you want to handle it? you can pm or email me if you're more comfortable.

thanks,

Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanX

Let me make it clear to everyone on here - I had no idea what needed to be sold or what didnt - I purchased euro headlights - they came just the way I sold my us spec headlights - how was I to know different. HOUSING vs HEADLIGHT now I see what people are saying and definitely dont want tl_boy to get screwed, I wouldnt if I were him.

So trying to work out a fair resolution, because misunderstanding or not, he bought them - he didnt have any more understanding than I did, and I'm not going to get screwed either.

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 09:23 AM   #350
tl_boy
Major
Rep

Thats very nice, I am looking for that kind of deal, euro's for around $900. Sweet.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #351
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanX

THis is how good Business Customer service would handle this situation:

1. Tlboy sends back us xenons back at SPANX expense
2. ONce spanx recieves the lights FULL REFUND to TLboy excluding the first shipping cost..

BUT I feel Tlboy shouldnt have to pay for your stupidity so REfund his money in FULL and U should pay for the shipping costs too..

Last edited by ADHD; 06-06-2006 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #352
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
IF this is the case U got a damb good deal...I just got off the phone with them and asked what they had and was told a pair of adaptives..I requested to come pick them up and to make sure they were in his hand before i started driving..He put me on hold and sure enought there not there..He said his parts manager told him that they will be getting there next shipment at the end of next month...