BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

View Poll Results: Which color leather interior should I order with TiAg?
Coral Red 5 26.32%
Black 11 57.89%
Something else..... 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

09-16-2008, 02:12 AM   #1
BeamerDreamer
Village Idiot
Rep
Drives: 435i

TiAg with Coral or Black Leather

I can't decide which color interior to get. I've leaning toward TiAg for the exterior. I originally wanted SGM but since it's no longer an option for '09, I had to choose something else. I'm also considering Space Grey but I have to see it on a 1 in person first. TiAg is currently the front runner.

I've seen the Coral Red leather and it looks really good but I am not sure if it will still look good to me down the road. It is pretty bright and I tend to be a conservative guy. I'm also concerned about how the red will hold up over time compared to black and possible re-sale issues. Black is going to look good with any exterior color and is always classy.

Thanks in advance for your advice/input.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 02:29 AM   #2
flpnout
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [7.83]
Are you sure you really want Titanium. It just seems that is what most cars/any makers have out there. It became so popular on BMW 3 series since 2002 and then it seems like everything else. In my opinion you should think more on the exterior color than interior...lol ;-)
      09-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #3
BEEMRR
Registered
Rep
Drives:

red or black interior

I've seen the space gray with coral interior on a 335i it was gorgeous. I'm with you though, I don't know if Id make the move with red, I think it could be a little trendy for me and it might grow old. I'm on the fence myself, considering a white 1 series, and am thinking of coral inside. Another option is the beige, in person, it's really warm looking and I think might wear well. This summer, we bought a new 3 convert titanium with black inside with alum trim. It is timeless and classic. This combo can't be beat. I like the alum. trim inside so much better than wood. It changes the whole look with the black.
Good luck with your choice,it's hard to decide, but as long as you're happy, it will be perfect for you!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
1way
Rep
Drives:

my brother had a silver porsche boxster with red leather interior. it was awesome. sharp. pure class. i don't think it's trendy at all. in fact, i find it more classic than the silver/black combo.

on the titanium silver, you can't go wrong with either the coral or the black to be honest. do you have an interior trim preference? That needs to be factored into your color scheme. I've seen people mix the walnut trim with black interior or beige leather with black gloss and it looks hideous. it's like wearing brown shoes and a black belt.

personally, i think the glacier silver trim will work with both the red coral and the black leather, but the black leather would also work with the gray poplar (and i suppose the black gloss - but that's a lot of black). if i were to do it, i would go titanium silver outside, red coral with glacier silver trim inside. i'm a moderate if that means anything.

I also don't understand the point i see raised time and time again that silver is some sort of copout color. like people that like silver are afraid to chose a color. last i checked, silver is a color too.

bottom line... it's a personal choice. just make sure it doesn't clash.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
BeamerDreamer
Village Idiot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1way View Post
do you have an interior trim preference? That needs to be factored into your color scheme.
I don't want wood trim. I think it makes the car look like an old man's Cadillac. I'm either going to go with the Glacier Silver Aluminum or the High Gloss Black. I don't know about the Glacier Aluminum's fish scale look. I desperately want the Brushed Aluminum that they offer in Europe and elsewhere to match the door handles. Does anyone know where I can get them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flpnout View Post
Are you sure you really want Titanium. It just seems that is what most cars/any makers have out there. It became so popular on BMW 3 series since 2002 and then it seems like everything else. In my opinion you should think more on the exterior color than interior...lol ;-)
Silver actually is a dying color in popularity. The new silver is white.

I came to silver as a process of elimination but it wasn't a cop-out. I wanted a change from black so black was out. I really wanted gray so I was going to get SGM. SGM is gone and space gray looks to have a slight greenish tinge which I find very unattractive. I dont like red so Sedona and Crimson are a no. Blue Water was an option for a while but it looks a little too feminine. Monaco is so dark it looks like black. Montego is a bit too bright. Cashmere is just to bland and beige but for some reason looks great on a convertible but isn't for me. That leaves me with silver and white. White looks pretty good but every other car on 1 addicts seems to be white.

I saw a Titanium Silver 135i at the local dealership with black leather and high gloss black trim optioned out nearly exactly the way I want to order mine and it looked very good. I fell in love with the color. Unless BMW brings back Laguna Seca Blue or SGM, I think I'm sticking with Silver. White is my current second choice until I see Space Gray on a 1 in person.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #6
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I ordered a 135 i Coupe in Silver with Terracotta/Black with Burl Walnut trim.

Have you considered Terracotta on a priority one order?

It's not shown in the sales brochure.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
BeamerDreamer
Village Idiot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerbimmer View Post
I ordered a 135 i Coupe in Silver with Terracotta/Black with Burl Walnut trim.

Have you considered Terracotta on a priority one order?

It's not shown in the sales brochure.
Do you have any photos of your car that you are willing to share? I have to admit that I didn't really consider Terracotta. It could be a nice option with the high gloss black trim.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
1way
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerDreamer View Post
I don't want wood trim. I think it makes the car look like an old man's Cadillac.
Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerDreamer View Post
I'm either going to go with the Glacier Silver Aluminum or the High Gloss Black. I don't know about the Glacier Aluminum's fish scale look. I desperately want the Brushed Aluminum that they offer in Europe and elsewhere to match the door handles. Does anyone know where I can get them?
Not sure about where you can get the brushed aluminum, but I really like the the Glacier Alum. It adds more texture. Almost a cross between the brushed aluminum of yesterday and a sporty carbon fiber finish. smart.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #9
Ruffan
Rep
Drives: '09 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
My TiAg with Black Leather and Poplar wood just finished production today. I was thinking about Coral Red for a while, but I can't think of a single reason why silver with Black will be anything but great for as long as I own it. The silver is not an obnoxious color and will age very well, yet it's still very sporty. My decision to go black instead of Coral was really a toss up, but my fiance's opinion was no-go on the red, so black it is. I've seen the poplar on black and think it's really nice, not like old man walnut trim.
      09-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #10
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

i find silver/coral to be kinda ackward looking. i like coral on black and on other dark colors. with a light exterior color like silver, i like darker interior colors. black is classic, but if you want to spice it up you can go one shade lighter, which is terra i believe. coral is just too bright on a bright color like silver.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #11
1way
Rep
Drives:

in the interest of full disclosure, I currently have a silver car with black leather interior. my preference for the coral may be due to the fact that I myself need a change. like i said before you can't go wrong with either coral or black and the gray poplar and glacier silver trim would both look nice with the black leather. best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #12
BuddhaTB
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 xDrive 30i

Garage List
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
Go with black if you are a more conservative type person and are somewhat worried about resale value in the future.
Appreciate 0