BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
Brunei1M
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

My 1500kms Run-In so far..

Just to share my thoughts during my 1500km journey, i've become addicted to the sheer driving pleasure in my M and so far i've encountered certain issues i want to share with every member:-

- Clutch Paddle 'Rattling'/'Clicking' noise along un-even roads
- Strange/Weird 'Clunking' noise coming from the front 'right' suspension (Not the usual 1st gear change Clunk) everytime turning right or 'cobblestone' type roads - more likely suspension noise / as if bush worn out etc etc
- Steering Wheel shaking around 120km/h.....even after all wheel been balanced/aligned

Other than that, i'm enjoying driving it and cant wait to run-it again to 2000kms and then from there will send it to the dealer to have her 1st service. Any thoughts and anyone shares the problem as i do, please chime in

Will update further once after fully serviced
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunei1M View Post
Just to share my thoughts during my 1500km journey, i've become addicted to the sheer driving pleasure in my M and so far i've encountered certain issues i want to share with every member:-

- Clutch Paddle 'Rattling'/'Clicking' noise along un-even roads
- Strange/Weird 'Clunking' noise coming from the front 'right' suspension (Not the usual 1st gear change Clunk) everytime turning right or 'cobblestone' type roads - more likely suspension noise / as if bush worn out etc etc
- Steering Wheel shaking around 120km/h.....even after all wheel been balanced/aligned

Other than that, i'm enjoying driving it and cant wait to run-it again to 2000kms and then from there will send it to the dealer to have her 1st service. Any thoughts and anyone shares the problem as i do, please chime in

Will update further once after fully serviced
Second and third issues may be related imo.

By the way, why don't you make the first service at 2000 kms. like it is suggested and done by most if not all of us?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Brunei1M
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Second and third issues may be related imo.

By the way, why don't you make the first service at 2000 kms. like it is suggested and done by most if not all of us?
Yes, i am waiting for 2000km service as usual (sorry for miscommunication) - looks like i have to drive more this week
Appreciate 0