BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
Timbo
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135

BMW Driver Training Day at Eastern Creek

Received this email from BMW Sydney .... if anyone interested. Looks like a half day version of adv II at half cost.

BMW Driver Training Day at Eastern Creek.
Thursday 17 September for only $350 inc GST^.

Experience the thrill and excitement of driving the latest BMW vehicles on a racetrack whilst learning valuable driving skills from our highly trained instructors, led by Chief Instructor, LeMans 24hr and Bathurst winner, Geoff Brabham at our BMW Sydney Driver Training Day.

Session 1 - 8.30am - 1:30pm LADIES ONLY
Session 2 - 12:30pm - 5pm MIXED SESSION

Venue: Eastern Creek, Sydney NSW
Participation Cost: $350 incl GST^

The course will be based on the entry level BMW Driver Training-Advanced Training II. Advanced Training II is an exciting course designed to provide a solid foundation for performance driving. This half-day course, in both BMW 325i Sedans and high performance BMW V8 M3 Coupés and Sedans, simulates a number of different situations that may be encountered at touring speeds, including slalom, motorkhana, ideal lines and emergency braking.

Course content will include:

Visually assisted lecture on safe driving techniques.
Steering technique and seating position.
Observation and awareness skills.
Vehicle dynamics including braking exercises on wet tarmac – difference in stopping distances and maneuverability between ABS and non ABS.
Ideal cornering lines.
Timed slalom and motorkhana competitions.
Paced circuit laps.
And at the end of the day all participants will be taken on a hot lap of the circuit by one of our instructors. Guaranteed to finish the day ☺!
The day will commence with a theory presentation and safety briefing. It is recommended that participants dress appropriately (clothing and footwear) to ensure optimum comfort on the track and in variable outdoor conditions. Work boots, hiking shoes and shoes with a high heel or wide sole are not recommended.

Food and beverages will be provided throughout the day together with lunch. A debriefing session including presentation of certificates will take place at the conclusion of each session. Generally, poor weather conditions will not interfere with the day's training and courses will continue to run unless participants are advised otherwise.

Please click here to make a booking or alternatively you can contact Monica Azenha on 02 9334 4555 before September 1. ^Conditions apply.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Breville
Scum in the sun
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe TiAg

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
I did this via Col Crawfords (it was free ) and can recommend it to anyone.

One should love animals. They are so tasty.
Appreciate 0