BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #1
scottn2retro
Major
scottn2retro's Avatar
283
Rep
1,268
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.

iTrader: (2)

air bag and seat belt delete warnings

Hi All - has anybody with a 135i track/race car figured out how to fool the airbag and seat belt warnings when you remove them from the car?
__________________
2015 M4 BMW Club Racer
SCTS Racing
https://www.facebook.com/sctsraceteam/
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 07:41 AM   #2
R1wheelieforfun
Enlisted Member
4
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Boston MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn2retro View Post
Hi All - has anybody with a 135i track/race car figured out how to fool the airbag and seat belt warnings when you remove them from the car?
https://www.bimmergeeks.net

Took all of 20 minutes, and worked perfectly! Have him remove all the DSC and ABS modules while he's in there too if you drive at the track with your DSC turned off.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
scottn2retro
Major
scottn2retro's Avatar
283
Rep
1,268
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.

iTrader: (2)

Thanks - I'll check with them on the M4 as well
__________________
2015 M4 BMW Club Racer
SCTS Racing
https://www.facebook.com/sctsraceteam/
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 08:38 PM   #4
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
206
Rep
2,263
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1wheelieforfun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn2retro View Post
Hi All - has anybody with a 135i track/race car figured out how to fool the airbag and seat belt warnings when you remove them from the car?
https://www.bimmergeeks.net

Took all of 20 minutes, and worked perfectly! Have him remove all the DSC and ABS modules while he's in there too if you drive at the track with your DSC turned off.
Coding off ABS is that easy? Wish we could tuje the ABS system
__________________
135i M-Sport FBO
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 09:12 AM   #5
mabrahams
Second Lieutenant
22
Rep
242
Posts

Drives: X1 M-Sport 28i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fl

iTrader: (0)

Spencer,

I believe he meant the ABS function where the ECU applies the rear brake to account for wheel slip.

According to BimmerGeeks (also highly recommend them); there are variances you can play but there is no documentation on what it does.

Scott, are you campaigning a 135i in a series?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 12:52 PM   #6
scottn2retro
Major
scottn2retro's Avatar
283
Rep
1,268
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabrahams View Post
Spencer,

I believe he meant the ABS function where the ECU applies the rear brake to account for wheel slip.

According to BimmerGeeks (also highly recommend them); there are variances you can play but there is no documentation on what it does.

Scott, are you campaigning a 135i in a series?
Starting to modify the car with street legal mods for now, but my long term plan for the car is to race it. So doing some research - some of which, like this Bimmer Geeks, I can apply to the M4 race car.
__________________
2015 M4 BMW Club Racer
SCTS Racing
https://www.facebook.com/sctsraceteam/
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 10:18 PM   #7
justpete
Brigadier General
United_States
750
Rep
3,739
Posts

Drives: '11 328i '18 M6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M6  [5.00]
2011 BMW 328i  [4.50]
2016 BMW 550i  [4.12]
Not related to SRS warnings but if you want to totally disable ABS and DSC just disconnect the steering angle sensor. You lose self-canceling turn signals and hill assist but no great loss compared to getting rid of the pita intrusive systems on the track. FWIW
__________________
2011 E90 328i 6MT, BMW Aero, CF hood/boot, PI+CAI+RM+3IM+BPC, SS+CI528+ThermoTec+SS#1+2XBurns, AKG 75D eng/trans, Al/Delrin diff/RS, CM 850, UCP, CAE, AKG DSSR, DiffsOnline 3.91 30/90 LSD+BW cooler, C&R, Setrab, Accusump, AST 3-way+Swift, Aurora PR+BW spherical, Vorshlag CPs, M3 brace+UR bar, ARC-8 18x8.5, 255 R1R, RB/CSL rotors+cooling, 135i calipers, RS29, RT700, Safecraft, OMP HTE-R+804F+QD Superquadro, 6pt cage+FIA, Braille, RT DL1Mk3
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #8
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
206
Rep
2,263
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpete View Post
Not related to SRS warnings but if you want to totally disable ABS and DSC just disconnect the steering angle sensor. You lose self-canceling turn signals and hill assist but no great loss compared to getting rid of the pita intrusive systems on the track. FWIW
This is huge, thanks for this nugget of info.

I got so many conflicting opinions on this. IMO the steering angle sensor is the most annoying part that can break on modern BMWs... My old E92 had the steering angle sensor error and I just picked up an E46 with the same issue.

I'm about to unplug the sensor on all of the cars - definitely need bimmergeeks to code out my passenger airbag light on the street car though.

Thanks!
__________________
135i M-Sport FBO
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #9
justpete
Brigadier General
United_States
750
Rep
3,739
Posts

Drives: '11 328i '18 M6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M6  [5.00]
2011 BMW 328i  [4.50]
2016 BMW 550i  [4.12]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
This is huge, thanks for this nugget of info.

I got so many conflicting opinions on this. IMO the steering angle sensor is the most annoying part that can break on modern BMWs... My old E92 had the steering angle sensor error and I just picked up an E46 with the same issue.

I'm about to unplug the sensor on all of the cars - definitely need bimmergeeks to code out my passenger airbag light on the street car though.

Thanks!
Glad to help! Couldn't get rid of the SRS lights once the airbags and belts were removed. The SRS module is gone now along with a lot of other modules and the dash lights up with lots of warnings that can't be coded out. But then there's a kill switch now so it's kinda moot...
__________________
2011 E90 328i 6MT, BMW Aero, CF hood/boot, PI+CAI+RM+3IM+BPC, SS+CI528+ThermoTec+SS#1+2XBurns, AKG 75D eng/trans, Al/Delrin diff/RS, CM 850, UCP, CAE, AKG DSSR, DiffsOnline 3.91 30/90 LSD+BW cooler, C&R, Setrab, Accusump, AST 3-way+Swift, Aurora PR+BW spherical, Vorshlag CPs, M3 brace+UR bar, ARC-8 18x8.5, 255 R1R, RB/CSL rotors+cooling, 135i calipers, RS29, RT700, Safecraft, OMP HTE-R+804F+QD Superquadro, 6pt cage+FIA, Braille, RT DL1Mk3
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 09:13 PM   #10
ThatOneKid
Second Lieutenant
35
Rep
271
Posts

Drives: 2009 135i, 2012 A4 Avant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpete View Post
Glad to help! Couldn't get rid of the SRS lights once the airbags and belts were removed. The SRS module is gone now along with a lot of other modules and the dash lights up with lots of warnings that can't be coded out. But then there's a kill switch now so it's kinda moot...
Wait, so you were not able to turn off the Airbag/ seatbelt lights after they were removed?
__________________
E82 Race Car?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 09:24 PM   #11
justpete
Brigadier General
United_States
750
Rep
3,739
Posts

Drives: '11 328i '18 M6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M6  [5.00]
2011 BMW 328i  [4.50]
2016 BMW 550i  [4.12]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneKid View Post
Wait, so you were not able to turn off the Airbag/ seatbelt lights after they were removed?
Nope. But in the end it didn't matter since with a kill switch even the clock is useless. Getting pretty close to tossing the instrument cluster for a Race Tech or Motec display on the PT-CAN bus although the shop would have to code in the blinker lights, etc.
__________________
2011 E90 328i 6MT, BMW Aero, CF hood/boot, PI+CAI+RM+3IM+BPC, SS+CI528+ThermoTec+SS#1+2XBurns, AKG 75D eng/trans, Al/Delrin diff/RS, CM 850, UCP, CAE, AKG DSSR, DiffsOnline 3.91 30/90 LSD+BW cooler, C&R, Setrab, Accusump, AST 3-way+Swift, Aurora PR+BW spherical, Vorshlag CPs, M3 brace+UR bar, ARC-8 18x8.5, 255 R1R, RB/CSL rotors+cooling, 135i calipers, RS29, RT700, Safecraft, OMP HTE-R+804F+QD Superquadro, 6pt cage+FIA, Braille, RT DL1Mk3
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST