BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-28-2014, 04:44 AM   #67
Jb1707
Rep
Drives: 1M, IXM60, M3, Hur Perf, GT4rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
what if i get the lci model of the x3? i know it's not a new platform unlike the x5 e70>f15. But I dunno i'm in this dilemma !! coz the x3 is also close to the Porsche MACAN pricing range assuming you don't option much on the macan.
I guess it's down to personal preference then, especially if you don't need the extra space. I've heard really good things about the Macan, but the downside is the very long waiting times and as you mentioned the crazy expensive options. You obviously get more bang for your buck with the X3.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 05:23 AM   #68
dtcoff
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb1707 View Post
I guess it's down to personal preference then, especially if you don't need the extra space. I've heard really good things about the Macan, but the downside is the very long waiting times and as you mentioned the crazy expensive options. You obviously get more bang for your buck with the X3.
I have just changed from the original e53 X5 to new X3. Not really much difference in size as the e70 and f15 are much bigger. How much space do you really need? f15 isn't a totally new platform either, just new interior, panels, engines and technology. It is still basically the same e70 chassis. X3 is lower and narrower and much lighter meaning it drives less like a truck.
      05-28-2014, 05:55 AM   #69
Jb1707
Rep
Drives: 1M, IXM60, M3, Hur Perf, GT4rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcoff View Post
I have just changed from the original e53 X5 to new X3. Not really much difference in size as the e70 and f15 are much bigger. How much space do you really need? f15 isn't a totally new platform either, just new interior, panels, engines and technology. It is still basically the same e70 chassis. X3 is lower and narrower and much lighter meaning it drives less like a truck.
True, the f15 isn't a totally new platform, but the new parts that you pointed out make an impressive new package IMO. The interior alone is a big improvement over the e70. I wasn't sure about the looks when the f15 first came out when compared to the e70, but having seen a few on the road now I think they look really good.

As for space? Well that just comes down to what you need it for. We had an e70 over the weekend last year for a family trip and had just enough space for all our gear. Wouldn't have fit in an X3.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 06:32 AM   #70
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb1707 View Post
True, the f15 isn't a totally new platform, but the new parts that you pointed out make an impressive new package IMO. The interior alone is a big improvement over the e70. I wasn't sure about the looks when the f15 first came out when compared to the e70, but having seen a few on the road now I think they look really good.

As for space? Well that just comes down to what you need it for. We had an e70 over the weekend last year for a family trip and had just enough space for all our gear. Wouldn't have fit in an X3.
hmmm well said i mean latest is always greatest regardless whether it's a new platform or not. hahaha Or maybe i should steer towards the SQ5!! hahaha but for i will not be making any decisions until the lci f25 is out and as well as the macan !!
Now: BMW X5 F15 M50d
Appreciate 0