BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-01-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
marvinp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M3, '09 135i

7/27 Performance Center Delivery

So on 7/27 I had my Performance Center Delivery and picked up my 135i. The experience was amazing. I would do it again without thinking.

On the way to the PCD, I met Evan who, along with his wife and son, was taking delivery of a 135i as well. It turned out he is also a member of 1Addicts.com. It was pretty cool to have another 1Addict taking delivery that day. Since I didn't have anyone come with me to the PCD (I had several friends bail out even after previously committing), Evan's son rode with me during the PCD.

Donnie, one of the driving instructors, was the one coaching us throughout the different exercises on the track that day. Donnie was awesome. I went on the M5 hotlap with him and it was a pretty thrilling drive around the track. I couldn't stop grinning At some point, he had to switch to a different M5 because the first one he was using started over heating after 3-4 laps.

During lunch, I was pretty antsy to see my car, so one of the BMW employees let me have a sneak peek. I was pretty happy to finally get to see it after a 2 month wait. After the hotlap with Donnie, it was delivery time. Turned out that the lady that was supposed to do my delivery was sick, and thus Donnie did my delivery

Overall, this experience was amazing. I just wish it had lasted longer. It was so much fun. My next BMW, I will do it again (and maybe I'll also do ED next time but from what Evan told me, PCD is more fun that ED since everything is taken care of for you).

I've posted several pics below. In the last pic, the LeMans Blue 135i in the background is Evan's 135i. I figured it would be cool to have the cars of two 1Addicts members in one shot right after delivery (is this a first?).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
amiller212
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 135i

Wicked man...your car looks awesome.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinp View Post
So on 7/27 I had my Performance Center Delivery and picked up my 135i. The experience was amazing. I would do it again without thinking.

On the way to the PCD, I met Evan who, along with his wife and son, was taking delivery of a 135i as well. It turned out he is also a member of 1Addicts.com. It was pretty cool to have another 1Addict taking delivery that day. Since I didn't have anyone come with me to the PCD (I had several friends bail out even after previously committing), Evan's son rode with me during the PCD.

Donnie, one of the driving instructors, was the one coaching us throughout the different exercises on the track that day. Donnie was awesome. I went on the M5 hotlap with him and it was a pretty thrilling drive around the track. I couldn't stop grinning At some point, he had to switch to a different M5 because the first one he was using started over heating after 3-4 laps.

During lunch, I was pretty antsy to see my car, so one of the BMW employees let me have a sneak peek. I was pretty happy to finally get to see it after a 2 month wait. After the hotlap with Donnie, it was delivery time. Turned out that the lady that was supposed to do my delivery was sick, and thus Donnie did my delivery

Overall, this experience was amazing. I just wish it had lasted longer. It was so much fun. My next BMW, I will do it again (and maybe I'll also do ED next time but from what Evan told me, PCD is more fun that ED since everything is taken care of for you).

I've posted several pics below. In the last pic, the LeMans Blue 135i in the background is Evan's 135i. I figured it would be cool to have the cars of two 1Addicts members in one shot right after delivery (is this a first?).
I did my Performance Center re-delivery two weeks ago with my dad - we had a fantastic time, too! If anyone's on the fence, all I can say is that if you can make the time for it, DO IT.

I can also say if you have the time to do that AND European Delivery - DO THAT, TOO. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, just different experiences, both well worth it.

I just hope our next car can ALSO be a BMW, so I can do at least one of these again. (The next one will have to be much more practical, and have a good blend of cargo space and fuel economy, so we'll see.)
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Congrats!! M-Sport FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
marvinp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiller212 View Post
Wicked man...your car looks awesome.
Thanks!

Quote:
I did my Performance Center re-delivery two weeks ago with my dad - we had a fantastic time, too! If anyone's on the fence, all I can say is that if you can make the time for it, DO IT.

I can also say if you have the time to do that AND European Delivery - DO THAT, TOO. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, just different experiences, both well worth it.

I just hope our next car can ALSO be a BMW, so I can do at least one of these again. (The next one will have to be much more practical, and have a good blend of cargo space and fuel economy, so we'll see.)
Yeah, practicality of the 135i is something that I've had come up in conversations with friends. I'm lucky that I'm still young enough that I don't have to worry about practicality at this point. But I love the 135i so much that I think I will do everything to keep it even if I get another car.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
moveswiftly
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4, 135i

Garage List
2012 335iS  [0.00]
congrats man...

Gone but not forgotten: Cayman GT4, M2C, 2011 135i, E83 X3 6MT, 2016 SO M3, 2012 335iS, 2010 135i and 2006 e90 325xi
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #7
cagekicker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 crimson red 135i

congrats and welcome!
      08-03-2009, 08:41 AM   #8
Excitmnt94
Detailer & Fitness Freak
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i ///M Sport Coupe

good times at the Performance Center...

congrats on the car!

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #9
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
congrats on the car!
more pics
      08-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #10
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinp View Post
Thanks!

Yeah, practicality of the 135i is something that I've had come up in conversations with friends. I'm lucky that I'm still young enough that I don't have to worry about practicality at this point. But I love the 135i so much that I think I will do everything to keep it even if I get another car.
Our next car won't be to replace the 135i (which I plan to keep for a good number of years,) but rather my wife's Pontiac G6 sedan. The X1 would probably fit our needs very nicely, as long as it wasn't outrageously priced, and as long as it came with a 4-cyl diesel for fuel economy. If they don't have those 4-cyl diesels available, it won't be worth it, and we might have to go with a Honda or Mazda or VW.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #11
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

congrats!
      08-05-2009, 12:50 AM   #12
Evan135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: My wife Crazy

Hi Marvin,

To all Marvin is a really great guy. He let my 16 year old son run around the track with him and was awesome. He did not have to do this and was very generous. It was also pretty cool that our cars had almost the same color and he now lives where I grew up.

We both had a great time running around the track. When Dan says "Remember, NYC, Not Your Car, you drive your provided car like you stole it. In my car the gas was on full or the brakes were. Only mid corner was there any modulation. I even went off the track 3 times as I was way too agressive at the ABS corner.LOL! I finally did get it right.....

I seriously enjoyed the day as much as getting my car. No Kidding.

Thanks again Marvin for your generosity!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 04:50 AM   #13
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Congrats!!!

Time to update that profile, Now that you drive a little 1er...
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #14
willwin2day
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: all BMWs

Hey Marvin!

Thanks for a great day! Your car looks awesome!

Donnie Isley
BMW Driving Instructor
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #15
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I like your car and it sounds like you may have had as much fun as my son and I did on 7/21. We had no other 1s being delivered that day, there were 2 3s, a X5 SUV, a 6, and a M3. I might be forgetting 1 delivery. They were all interesting people but the couple from San Francisco getting the M3 were the most entertaining. The wife did great 360s on the skid pad and loved the hot lap so much she went extra times when a couple other wives would not. She filmed my skid pad experience for us when my son went at the same time in another car.

I also hit the cones at a bit too high speed on the ABS manuver and found the dirt. You can hear my son laughing at me on the video he made. That is also the video that everybody wants to see.

Jim
      08-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #16
Quick1 TO BE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i 6MT

that is something i keep regreting not getting. it looks like u had a blast. How much extra do u pay for a PCD?

BTW both ur cars look sick.. congrats with it

Ash
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #17
marvinp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwin2day View Post
Hey Marvin!

Thanks for a great day! Your car looks awesome!

Donnie Isley
BMW Driving Instructor
Thanks Donnie! I had a great time with you on the track. Especially the hotlap in the M5. That was a lot of fun. My face was hurting from all the grinning

Quote:
I also hit the cones at a bit too high speed on the ABS manuver and found the dirt. You can hear my son laughing at me on the video he made. That is also the video that everybody wants to see.
JimD, I didn't hit any cones, but I did go on the dirt 3-4 times. There wasn't much traction on one part of the track, it was wet and I was going into it with too much speed. It was a great learning experience though. I'm really thinking about doing the M Driving School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick1 TO BE View Post
that is something i keep regreting not getting. it looks like u had a blast. How much extra do u pay for a PCD?

BTW both ur cars look sick.. congrats with it

Ash
Thanks Ash! I have a grin on my face every time I see my car. PCD is actually free. BMW pays for hotel for 1 night and for dinner and breakfast. You don't have to take delivery of your car at PCD, you can do the PCD experience even after you've had your car delivered to the dealer. I don't know the exact details though, but a guy that was at PCD had already received his car and was doing it without taking delivery of his car that day. You have a year to do it he said.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #18
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Marvin,

I did not actually hit cones or go off the road during the autocross part. I just meant that when I got to the "hit the brakes" cones on the ABS exercise I was going a bit faster than intended. Poor choice of words, perhaps. I think I also ended up with the rear wheels off the skid pad on my second attempt at a 360 in the DSC exercise.

The fact that the Performance Center delivery is free is one of the great things about it. My dealer told me BMWNA pays.

Jim