BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-18-2014, 07:41 AM   #23
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Auto View Post
I wanted to make a joke here, but in all seriousness you should add that to the list. You should wear one even if everyone else doesn't have to.

Anyway, I'm lovin' the track pics!
The problem with the helmet is in order to safely do that you need a Hans, and to make the Hans work you need a harness. Otherwise in an accident your neck will be torqued all over the place from the weight of the helmet.

Not saying you should skip a helmet though.
      02-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #24
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Quote:
Konis would also give you some adjustability. Nothing like the TCK's of course, but you could at least play with soft/hard settings for daily driving or track use. But the biggest benefit would be the ability to dial in/out understeer at your leisure.

I wanted to make a joke here, but in all seriousness you should add that to the list. You should wear one even if everyone else doesn't have to.

Anyway, I'm lovin' the track pics!
Haha Thanks Dave! on a side note i mentioned it to my wife about getting me a Helmet for my Birthday coming up! I will need one for sure when i do Autocross in the states this coming summer.

Btw I PM you back. if you had already sent the package to that address its not a problem! ill just have to call back to Germany and make sure they do not forward car parts downrange hahaha.

any ways here is another picture i got emailed today. Enjoy Mini Cooper wanted some! he obviously had a nice prepped car.

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 02:04 AM   #25
smellthebeans
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
^ great picture. Glad your actually using the springs. Makes me miss my 1er.

Cheers
B
      03-18-2014, 01:00 AM   #26
Dafttt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT

buuump

When does the build begin?
What do you think about the Nürburgring sale?

...bunch of no good investors are probably gonna end tourist drives, or put double yellow lines on it...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 01:12 AM   #27
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
buuump

When does the build begin?
What do you think about the Nürburgring sale?

...bunch of no good investors are probably gonna end tourist drives, or put double yellow lines on it...
MID May!!!!!!! haha excited it's getting close to crunch time! Then I will do one last track day at the Ring and the car is going on the boat on it's way back to the states! I will make sure I update the thread! As for the sale I really don't care who buys it as long as it's open to the public and they make improvements. I'm glad it's still German owned now but the last guys that sold the ring have lost so much money. They put in over 100mil into the track over the years I think and sold it for a fraction of the cost. Rumors are told that, the new company will provide each car with a transponder device type of deal so it can detect traffic, oil spills, crashes, and also record in 1080p for you! Sounds too good to be true haha! But I think the locals will not be getting paid as much if this takes over, and covers most of their job besides towing ect ect.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 01:31 AM   #28
Dafttt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeballer96 View Post
Rumors are told that, the new company will provide each car with a transponder device type of deal so it can detect traffic, oil spills, crashes, and also record in 1080p for you!
That would be brilliant. Still, it's my dream to get out there, and get one lap down without significant restriction and intervention.

Month and a half man!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 03:13 AM   #29
Pothole
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E88 125i, RR sport 3.0tdv6

Quote:
MID May!!!!!!! haha excited it's getting close to crunch time! Then I will do one last track day at the Ring and the car is going on the boat on it's way back to the states! I will make sure I update the thread!

You are shipping the car back to the states? Are you moving or something?

BMW E88 125i - Tunex Tuned@ 228whp - Cyba Scoops - Performance Kidneys - Performance Exhaust - Performance Intake - BMW Strutbar - 3d Design Carbon Diffuser - Blacklines - Golf Tee - FK Coilovers - Klutch SL14

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 05:55 AM   #30
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That would be brilliant. Still, it's my dream to get out there, and get one lap down without significant restriction and intervention.

Month and a half man!
Do it! We have rent a ring. You can rent out track prepped cars and go on the track and take a lap, earn a sticker and the possibility to have you're photo captured by a photographer. Oh yeah! And meet cool people around! Most of them are friendly and don't mind giving rides!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 05:56 AM   #31
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothole View Post
You are shipping the car back to the states? Are you moving or something?

yessir will be living in North Carolina!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #32
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep

Update! New pictures were received today!

Don't judge me but this was a slow part and I wanted to waive to the camera man lol, but other then that always two hands on the wheel!

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #33
Pothole
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E88 125i, RR sport 3.0tdv6

Quote:
yessir will be living in North Carolina!
Well: enjoy!

Loving that waving pic!

Your car will look awesome with new wheels. Nice stance!
BMW E88 125i - Tunex Tuned@ 228whp - Cyba Scoops - Performance Kidneys - Performance Exhaust - Performance Intake - BMW Strutbar - 3d Design Carbon Diffuser - Blacklines - Golf Tee - FK Coilovers - Klutch SL14

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #34
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Car looks good, i really need to lower mine a bit with better suspention

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 12:59 AM   #35
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep

I ran into a problem! I try to order 125 centric rotors last night from amazing for my rears and they didn't ship to APO! Any state side members willing to ship to APO if I had the rotors shipped to you and I cover the cost with pay pal? I'm on a budget I got 400 for rotors and and sensors and the tiny little bolts. I have the pads already. Summit racing has free shipping and they ship to APO so I was going to get the front stop tech slotted from them and the sensors from getbmwparts and the bolts.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #36
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep

It's official and no one is changing my mind unless you have a really really and I mean a really good reason to change my mind. I want to do a 75 wet shot just like two other guys have in the e90 post have done and still running reliable and strong. Also on that note I might give in on the open tablet and have a local tuner do a tune with the spray on and 100+ race fuel with disa and supersprint headers. No offensive but I do like a power and I know the risks involved lol. I want to break the trend and do what is rare on these n52 forums. Goal is 280-300whp all said and done
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #37
TheSt|G
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's official and no one is changing my mind unless you have a really really and I mean a really good reason to change my mind. I want to do a 75 wet shot just like two other guys have in the e90 post have done and still running reliable and strong. Also on that note I might give in on the open tablet and have a local tuner do a tune with the spray on and 100+ race fuel with disa and supersprint headers. No offensive but I do like a power and I know the risks involved lol. I want to break the trend and do what is rare on these n52 forums. Goal is 280-300whp all said and done
Shrug, do what you like. Clutch will probably be the first thing to give up on that.
      03-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #38
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
Shrug, do what you like. Clutch will probably be the first thing to give up on that.
True statement.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #39
TheSt|G
United_States
Rep

Quote:
True statement.
First upgrade would be the pre LCI E90 330 clutch. Mounts up and is a 240mm disc instead of a 228mm.

If you blow that out you are stuck with much less streetable options.
      03-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #40
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
First upgrade would be the pre LCI E90 330 clutch. Mounts up and is a 240mm disc instead of a 228mm.

If you blow that out you are stuck with much less streetable options.
So this mod is confirmed to work based on the e90post thread & valeo clutch?

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #41
TheSt|G
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
So this mod is confirmed to work based on the e90post thread & valeo clutch?
That was my impression. 328i owners are using them and they share a variant of our trans. Which is interesting as I'm 99% sure the E90 330i uses the E46 330i trans, which holds up to aftermarket boost power pretty well from most accounts.

Last edited by TheSt|G; 04-20-2014 at 06:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 03:49 PM   #42
Dafttt
Captain
Rep

I see you've been asking and inquiring a lot about track prepping your 128i. If I were you, and I say this from no track experience but with a lot of seat time in this chassis, I'd forget about a lot of these custom/DIY mods and just focus on suspension, weight reduction, and tires.

I've got every power mod on my car short of headers. Even though I recommend the manifold and tune, believe me, the last thing this car needs is more power. Horsepower is a drug, you'll always find yourself wanting more. Try to feel out your car on the track, and mod accordingly. Maybe then you'll see that an LSD and a good set of coil overs will jump to the top of your list.

Heck, focus on honing your driving skills first. Power mods don't make the driver, experience and knowledge does. You're moving in the right direction, you just need a clear cut idea of what you want and need, but more seat time and experience will help you decide accordingly. My biggest gripe after doing a lot of modifications is the weight, and lack of LSD. If I were to do it all over again and build a track car, I'd start with those two (after tires). The last thing I'd ever recommend doing, and I say this from experience, is to just throw a much of mods on the car and thinking it's track prepped, without taking things step by step.

Cheers man, and have fun.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #43
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I see you've been asking and inquiring a lot about track prepping your 128i. If I were you, and I say this from no track experience but with a lot of seat time in this chassis, I'd forget about a lot of these custom/DIY mods and just focus on suspension, weight reduction, and tires.

I've got every power mod on my car short of headers. Even though I recommend the manifold and tune, believe me, the last thing this car needs is more power. Horsepower is a drug, you'll always find yourself wanting more. Try to feel out your car on the track, and mod accordingly. Maybe then you'll see that an LSD and a good set of coil overs will jump to the top of your list.

Heck, focus on honing your driving skills first. Power mods don't make the driver, experience and knowledge does. You're moving in the right direction, you just need a clear cut idea of what you want and need, but more seat time and experience will help you decide accordingly. My biggest gripe after doing a lot of modifications is the weight, and lack of LSD. If I were to do it all over again and build a track car, I'd start with those two (after tires). The last thing I'd ever recommend doing, and I say this from experience, is to just throw a much of mods on the car and thinking it's track prepped, without taking things step by step.

Cheers man, and have fun.

I appreciate the words of wisdom man! You are correct I do need more seat time. I will start modding here in about 2 weeks and In some change. The clock is ticking. I been so pressed on beating my lap time on the ring! I ran a 10:15 bone stock. Now the car will be a different animal. I bought this car to have fun with it. Not a garage queen so that's why I been asking a lot . I love modding and tinkering with things lol. I can't wait. LSD and shocks and control arms have been on my mind. The shocks will I will try to get this winter. The rest is expensive big things! heck I almost pulled the tigger the cusco strut bat today because bang for buck but I tend to read and read to see what is proven to help and what doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 04:05 PM   #44
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That was my impression. 328i owners are using them and they share a variant of our trans. Which is interesting as I'm 99% sure the E90 330i uses the E36 330i trans, which holds up to aftermarket boost power pretty well from most accounts.
I looked into this and clutch masters has a few kits for our cars, they have 4 pucks, 6 puck sprung clutches and full disk with race compound to hold power better. On the flywheel side turner motor sports have alight flywheel for our transmisson. Also learned to today the vorshlag makes trans mounts for our cars aswell
Appreciate 0