BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Arrow APEX ARC-8 wheel Group Buy #3 (up to $175 off + FREE S&H) No waiting on production!!!

Aftermarket Performance EXpress
APEX ARC-8 Wheel Group Buy #3

We currently have almost 1000 wheels in stock ready to ship. With the end of the year coming soon, we’ve decided to host a 1 series ONLY Group-Buy due to supply. When the Group Buy closes, your wheels will ship out the very next day. No waiting for months and months to receive your wheels.

This Group Buy is for a set of two 18x8.5” fronts, and two 18x9.5” rears in any of our 4 finishes. The Group Buy closes on September 30th, and all sets ship out on October 1st.

The discount breakdown is as follows:

Regular set price $1206 + Shipping
10 Group Buy participants: FREE Shipping*.................
15 Group Buy participants: $100 OFF + FREE Shipping*
20 Group Buy participants: $150 OFF + FREE Shipping*
25 Group Buy participants: $175 OFF + FREE Shipping*

Payment:

We’ll start by just forming a list to see how many members are interested. Then on September 25th we will open up a product page on GroupBuyParts.com where members can check out. A link will be provided here. Because the Group Buy doesn’t close until September 30th, the site’s check-out price will be listed at the 10 member Group Buy rate. On the 30th, we’ll tally up all the paid members, and adjust everyone’s rate accordingly before charging credit cards. Members who check out via PayPal instead of a credit card will receive a refund for the difference, if a higher tier is reached before the close of the Group Buy.

Shipping*

Free shipping is to the 48 US states. Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and international orders will receive a $75 off their true shipping cost. These buyers must contact us prior to ordering to calculate their discount correctly.

Camber Plates:

APEX carries Vorshlag Camber plates, which are highly recommended for making these wheels fit your 1 series. They can be used with coilovers, traditional shock and spring upgrades or even your 100% stock suspension.
They can be found HERE and can easily be added to the cart when checking out for the wheel Group Buy.

Contact us! We're here to help you with your specific needs

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the fitment of these wheels. We can provide tire and suspension advise regarding specific vehicle setup. You can call me (Eddy) directly by dialing 925-245-0773 and then pressing 0 when you reach the message. Phone calls are the easiest way to communicate what is needed to make a wide tire setup fit your vehicle. You can also email us directly at info@apexraceparts.com

************************************************** ***********************************************

Specifications:

The APEX ARC-8 is a light-weight, flow-formed wheel with a 1 series specific staggered setup of 18x8.5" and 18x9.5". The offsets were designed to run wide street or r-compound tires without the need for any spacers or rubbing with the proper suspension setup.
They are JWL tested and certified by the VIA in Japan with an official certificate number that can be found on their online registry. Note: many vendors sell wheels that are only in-house tested. These wheels use marketing terms such as "meets/exceeds VIA requirements" or make the claim of being VIA tested, but do not have the certificate numbers to back up their statements.

Available Finishes:

Hyper Silver
Hyper Black
Anthracite
Satin Black

Front wheels: 18x8.5" et38

These 18.45lbs wheels were designed to be run with a 245/35/18 street tire and approx 1.6-1.8 degrees negative camber with zero rubbing issues.

Another popular tire size is 255/35/18. It is the widest recommended setup with these wheels. This size can require some fender rolling up front when used with extreme summer tires. Customers usually also trim their bumper mounting tab just in front of the tire to eliminate rubbing.

Some customers have opted to run a 235/40/18. It has caused some issues for a few members due to it's tall overall diameter, by slightly rubbing on the plastic fender liner in front of the tire. This size is hit or miss. I've seen it run with zero added negative camber, but it does rub on the fender. Camber plates are still a must in this size to be rub free. Because of this, 245/35/18 is still the preferred size.

For cars with zero suspension modifications, you cannot run anything wider then a 225/40/18 street tire. We do not recommend the use of your stock 215/40/18 run flats on these 8.5" wheels. The run flats already run narrow and will be overly stretched on these 1" wider wheels, which will make them prone to damage in addition to riding harsh and looking silly.

Rear Wheels: 18x9.5" et62

These 18.2lbs wheels were designed to fit without issue on both stock and highly modified cars. Lowered cars are not an issue with wide tires unless they are slammed/dumped too far.

A popular tire size to match a front 245/40/18 setup is to run a 265/35/18 rear wheel on these wheels. This is a rub free setup when used with any extreme summer tire. We did find that 265 R888 r-compounds did have a slight inner fender rub issue on a lowered car, which was resolved with a 3mm spacer.

275/35/18 street tires including the dunlop star spec Z1 fit without any rubbing as long as the car isn't slammed/dumped. R-compounds such as the 275/35/18 Nitto NT-01 have been found to fit with zero issue as they run a few millimeters narrower then 265 R888's.

285's are not recommended for traditional applications as it will require a spacer and fender rolling.

Finish Examples

Satin Black

Anthracite:

Hyper Silver

Hyper Black

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

keep the questions coming. The front wheels are only a direct fitment if a 225/40/18 tire is used.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

is there a group buy list going yet? or would i be the first?

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: M760xi

I would love a rear concave for my 1
Appreciate 0