BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Running in missed oil filter

What i just realized, by today, i think when doing the running in service (4 months ago) the dealer did not change the engine oil filter for me.. :s.
does anyone knows anything about this?

is there any harrash consequences for this? the car only did 700 km since then, btw.
      10-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
What i just realized, by today, i think when doing the running in service (4 months ago) the dealer did not change the engine oil filter for me.. :s.

is there any harrash consequences for this? the car only did 700 km since then, btw.
Shouldn't be a problem, but pretty easy to drop in a new oil filter (and you don't need to drain oil when doing so).

Neil
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Pretty useful and competent dealer you have over there. I should warn mine here in Santiago de Chile that now they seem to have some serious competition for the title.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN
Quote:

Shouldn't be a problem, but pretty easy to drop in a new oil filter (and you don't need to drain oil when doing so).

Neil
Got it thanks!
      10-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo
Pretty useful and competent dealer you have over there. I should warn mine here in Santiago de Chile that now they seem to have some serious competition for the title.
Very useful since they are the only one around, unless u are willing to spend 750usd to tow your car 30 hours to the capital city....
      10-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #6
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
Quote:

How do you know that they didn't change the filter? I would demand a complimentary fresh oil change from them.

Not ideal not changing the filter, but no real harm done. I have got in the habit of marking sump plugs etc with chalk if the dealer doe a service.... Best if you do your own changes.
Whenever my car goes in for service, I'll be there all the time watching them, but this morning I went there and have it check. The computer said it was replaced already, and so as the person who changed it for me, maybe I forgot or didn't realize , anyways I guess the car is fine.