BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
CRuben09
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

PUMA case for Broken Vanos Bolt on 2011 N55 135I

So just to make the story short:

Two weeks ago my car started to sound like a RX-7 Turbo ready for a drag race. Then all of the sudden I got a half engine yellow light, and lost all power. The car just simply turned off, and it didn't restarted again. So I had to tow the car into the dealership. Once there I was told that some VANOS bolt broke down and felt through the engine, affecting the timing of the car when it was at idle and running (that's where the RX-7 sound came from). So they went ahead and replaced the broken bolt with a new one, and replaced (I think) the broken VANOS module. They opened the oil pan to search for the remaining of the bolt, and supposedly they found it and removed it. After 5 days, they gave me the car back, and it was working all fine.

4 days ago, I turned on the car, and for my surprise I got the same half engine light I got before, but this time I was able to drive the car in limp mode back to the dealership. They took it in, and it was there till today. When I looked through the paperwork, they replaced the Intake VANOS module, by recommendation of a PUMA case they opened.

I was wondering, what is a PUMA case? Should I be worried?

My car is a 2011 135i with DCT N55 and 27,000 miles. It was built on 10/10.

Thanks for your input.

2011 135i Alpine White DCT N55 All Stock
Built on 10/10 Proud owner since 12/12.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
vertebra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i vert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlitox09
So just to make the story short:

Two weeks ago my car started to sound like a RX-7 Turbo ready for a drag race. Then all of the sudden I got a half engine yellow light, and lost all power. The car just simply turned off, and it didn't restarted again. So I had to tow the car into the dealership. Once there I was told that some VANOS bolt broke down and felt through the engine, affecting the timing of the car when it was at idle and running (that's where the RX-7 sound came from). So they went ahead and replaced the broken bolt with a new one, and replaced (I think) the broken VANOS module. They opened the oil pan to search for the remaining of the bolt, and supposedly they found it and removed it. After 5 days, they gave me the car back, and it was working all fine.

4 days ago, I turned on the car, and for my surprise I got the same half engine light I got before, but this time I was able to drive the car in limp mode back to the dealership. They took it in, and it was there till today. When I looked through the paperwork, they replaced the Intake VANOS module, by recommendation of a PUMA case they opened.

I was wondering, what is a PUMA case? Should I be worried?

My car is a 2011 135i with DCT N55 and 27,000 miles. It was built on 10/10.

Thanks for your input.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=349739

Posted from 1addicts.com App for Android